3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

3rd gen owner / new member

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 10:34 PM
3rd gen owner / new member

Just saying hello, I picked up my 3rd gen Fit (1.5 hybrid) about a month ago. It's my first fit and my first hybrid at that and I have to say I absolutely love it!
It's the S package that was released here in Japan so all the options of the RS but with the hybrid engine.
I'm not the most technical person but will be happy to answer any questions from anyone thinking if buying the new model when it comes out in the west!
Regard, Mimikun

Old 04-27-2014, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator
Wow, all of us here are envious cause we won't get that model in NA(yet!). Drive it and pls. post your impressions. Tell us about the performance as well as your gas consumption. I for one, will be interested in your personal, one-on-one, experience.
Nothing beats on-hand driving and since you now own one, your direct contact, may comfort a bunch of guys on this forum who keep posting "what a let down" the GK is and they haven't even touched this car yet!!!! HELLO!!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2014, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mimikun
Just saying hello, I picked up my 3rd gen Fit (1.5 hybrid) about a month ago. It's my first fit and my first hybrid at that and I have to say I absolutely love it!
It's the S package that was released here in Japan so all the options of the RS but with the hybrid engine.
I'm not the most technical person but will be happy to answer any questions from anyone thinking if buying the new model when it comes out in the west!
Regard, Mimikun
Mimikun, welcome to FitFreak! Your perspective is very welcome here! Please share with us your impressions and experience so far with your new Fit Hybrid. I'm glad to know that you love it! I've heard RAVE reviews of both the all new 3rd-gen Fit and all new Vezel SUV in Japan! Personally, I'm very much looking forward to both the new Fit and new HR-V (Urban SUV / Vezel) here in the U.S.!

Old 04-27-2014, 02:04 AM
Hi there, hope to hear about your experiences with the Fit Hybrid and upload some pictures for us as well.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
So I've driven just over 1.5k miles since I picked the car up so I guess I'm well used to it by now. I'm not sure what transmission you guys will get there but mine is the 7-speed CVT hybrid as I said. I got a bunch of extras with mine as it's the sports pack so it has the paddle shifters on the steering wheel too. To be honest, I've only used them once or twice as the transmission is really responsive when down-shifting for overtaking etc.

I find the gear changes to be really smooth, but there is a bit of lag and it can be a little jumpy with 'Eco' mode on, nothing annoying, just a bit noticeable.

With regards fuel economy, it's advertised over here as getting 33km/l (77mpg). I'm averaging 22.1km/l (53mpg) right now but I do have a fairly heavy right foot and living in Tokyo I do a lot of city driving. The tank takes only about $40 to fill and I've had maybe 4 tanks since I got it which is super impressive for me. I'm more than happy with that since the main reason I got the Fit is for the fuel economy.

The hybrid is great, runs on battery alone from start (provided it's not been sitting there more than a day) and will only engage the gas at about 25kph. No real shudder with the gas engine kicks in either.

I have no frame of reference with regards to gaining or losing space inside since the '13 model but, my wife surfs, we got a detachable roofrack to haul her board to the beach but it does fit inside comfortably. I've been to Ikea a few times, no issues and I've fit 2 adults bikes in the back with absolutely no issues either.

The styling is great but I won't go on about that too much either because, like I said, the US versions may be styled differently. I got front LED headlights and fogs, side skirts and a lovely spoiler, 16in wheels and the RS interior with mine. Honda Gathers Navi system with DVD and TV, upgraded speakers all-round, cruise control etc.
Loads inside for connectivity too. As you can see in one pic there, there's a HDMI and USB input along with a power source in the centre console. Under the central armrest there's also another USB and power source too.

Drawbacks for me are tiny. I was a little disappointed with the drum brakes at the rear. I just don't get why in this day and age then don't fit discs all over. Also the rear doors sound a little, I dunno, thin when you close them. Looks like it sits a little high at the back but the ride is perfect so... Other than that though, I love it!!!

Some pics below, iphone pics so apologies for that, and it was dark when I was parking up so one or two may not be so clear! I can upload some of the engine or any other bit anybody is interested in having a look at.

Name:  image-4.jpeg
Views: 246
Size:  178.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0953.jpg
Views: 1642
Size:  69.7 KB

Name:  image-1.jpeg
Views: 291
Size:  100.3 KB

Name:  image-2.jpeg
Views: 207
Size:  45.6 KB

Name:  image-3.jpeg
Views: 267
Size:  37.5 KB

Last edited by Mimikun; 04-28-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
The mirrors are auto-fold in Japan right?

Old 04-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by xorbe
The mirrors are auto-fold in Japan right?
Nah I got a little button that I always forget to push. Remembered it that time though

Old 04-28-2014, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator
....warm welcome........
.....driven just over 1.5k miles.........averaging 22.1km/l (53mpg)............

........with regards to gaining or losing space inside.......her board to the beach......fit inside comfortably....fit 2 adults bikes in the back......

The styling is great.....got front LED headlights...fogs, side skirts.....lovely spoiler, 16in wheels......RS interior with mine..

...disappointed with the drum brakes at the rear....rear doors sound a little.....thin ......sits a little high....... Other than that though, I love it!!!

......iphone pics so apologies for that,.....upload some of the engine or any other bit anybody is interested in having a look at........

FINALLY!!!! Full pics of an owned GK in WHITE!!!! Can't stop going over them. Am imagining what my LX will look like when it one day arrives (August???). Have to give you a double welcome for the pics postings and your 1.5k impressions.

Mileage at 53 mpg (city driving w/ your lead foot). Looks a something achievable for our US gas version when some of the hypermiling FF's get their hands on one.

Surfboard can fit! then 2 bikes can also fit! To think, some FF guys have posted that because the GK has less a cupholder, or there is a slight loss in rear cargo area (w/ rear seats up) - it a deal breaker! "Different strokes for different folks" I guess!!!

Styling!!! I've liked it ever since the US intro last Dec. Deadly looking rear LED lights. Your making us envious about the standard LED headlights too. Thank god for the aftermarket industry. Am hoping the flood of these will occur before the year is over!!!! In the meantime, already have in hand JDM RS emblems ready to install!!!!

REar Drum brakes!! A downer, but have lived with my GD for years, the new look will make me forget this needed update. Tin sounding rear doors!! Luckily, its only my dogs that travel in the rear. They won't complain!!!

Apologies for I-phone pics!!!! Are you nuts??? The pics are absolutely perfect for what us hungry FF GK lookers are craving for daily.

Japan Tragic was the first to post his Orange GK RS and your the first with a GK hybrid. You both deserve high praise for these continuing efforts.

What should be apologied is you took a month before joining FF. With actual hands-on daily driving, you can address multiple questions, concerns, plus many pre-mature conclusions made in the various GK threads from those who have never driven/owned one. Myself included.

One thing I'd like to know are the measurements (height x Width) of the front and rear emblems. Definitely will change them out for REd JDM's.

Thanks a ton for joining and will continue to monitor this thread for your continuing write-ups.

BTW, is your gas engine an Earth-Dreams???

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-28-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:19 PM
I will select the White Orchid as well. Like the contrast of the rear red lights to the white body color. Red Fit with red tail lights blend in too much and prefer the contrast of the white and red. Thank you for posting the Fit, and good luck with it.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:27 PM
I wish we were getting the hybrid in the U.S.!

Old 04-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
What should be apologied is you took a month before joining FF...

BTW, is your gas engine an Earth-Dreams???
Ok, I'm sorry it took me a month to join lol!

Yes the gas engine is an Earth-Dreams, I'll get some pics of that up tomorrow for you (or well I guess tonight in NA, think I'm like 12 hours ahead)

I'll get measurements for the badges then too. With this being Tokyo and parking at a premium, the car is parked about 10 mins from my apartment so I'll post when I take it for a spin tomorrow. Any other pics you want while I'm at it?

Old 04-28-2014, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
engine pics please....something as simple as a spark plug change is a major PITA on the GE8 and I'm really on the fence about this new Fit if DIY maintenance will be hampered by crazy design elements (still better than any Nissan though!)

Old 04-28-2014, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator
..........Any other pics you want while I'm at it?
Since you asked.................am sure all the FF's would like to see pics of the surfboard and its owner this coming summer!!!!!!!!!! With the Fit in the background (of course)!

Thanks ahead of time for the measurement. どうもありがとうございました
(current wife is local and can read/write Japanese and Spanish)

Originally Posted by SR45
I will select the White Orchid as well........
Dude, we practically have more sun in our localities than most. Perfect color choice, don't you think???

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-28-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Nah I got a little button that I always forget to push. Remembered it that time though
That's what I meant. You push a button, and they fold automatically.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
I sure hope those JDM tail lights work on our US models, they look so much better.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by tommycrx
I sure hope those JDM tail lights work on our US models, they look so much better.
I agree...

Old 04-28-2014, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Since you asked.................am sure all the FF's would like to see pics of the surfboard and its owner this coming summer!!!!!!!!!! With the Fit in the background (of course)!

Thanks ahead of time for the measurement. どうもありがとうございました
(current wife is local and can read/write Japanese and Spanish)

Dude, we practically have more sun in our localities than most. Perfect color choice, don't you think???
Absolutely

Old 04-28-2014, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the FF party. Somebody up and over in Shinagawa, I'm just down the road in the Kanagawa area. Hope your Fit3 does right by you. I'm taking it that yours didn't need to be recalled? Honda was quick on the fix with the hybrid/dct combo for the Fit and Vezel.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Love those taillights! Reminds me of the Volvo XC60's taillight a little.

From the videos I've seen of the US spec Fit, I think it has different taillights.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
I wish we could get that 7 speed tranny. From everything I read about the Hybrid, the trans was designed only for the Hybrid Fit.

Rats......

Quick Reply: 3rd gen owner / new member