3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 12:36 PM
Here is mine installed. I may take it off as I don't like the bolt showing underneath. I could also not get all three bolts fastened...had to only use two. Does my install look correct? I know it should be straight forward, but I was not sure how far on to the exhaust to place it?

Comment: Mine hasn't arrived yet and I won't like that bolt showing either!!! In the meantime, Kenji815 can chime it with some install tips. If I can get it too look right and straight, may just have the lower bolt discarded and spot weld that portion on. - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-09-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:43 PM
I am not a DIY type of guy. This one seemed pretty easy but I will wait for Kenji815 to chime in like you said.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:39 PM
I does fit with all 3 If you loosen bolt to almost no thread or you can take the braket off one of top one and just use the bolt only

Originally Posted by fbones24
Here is mine installed. I may take it off as I don't like the bolt showing underneath. I could also not get all three bolts fastened...had to only use two. Does my install look correct? I know it should be straight forward, but I was not sure how far on to the exhaust to place it?

Comment: Mine hasn't arrived yet and I won't like that bolt showing either!!! In the meantime, Kenji815 can chime it with some install tips. If I can get it too look right and straight, may just have the lower bolt discarded and spot weld that portion on. - rttby

Old 11-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by kenji815
I does fit with all 3 If you loosen bolt to almost no thread or you can take the braket off one of top one and just use the bolt only
That makes sense. I'll probably just leave it as is. That bottom bolt can only be seen if you get down low. It is not going anywhere either so I'm not so worried about the third bolt. If I change it at all, I'll update.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator
Another unnecessary accessory for LX owners

Got this from Ebay last month and it just arrived. Dealers supposedly don't have an OEM silicone cover, specifically for the GK, but I saw this and knew it would fit the LX's fob. This is an accessory for the 2014 -2015 Honda Civic HF LX

Part # HNDAD94 $6.99 shipped

Name:  SiliconekeyfobcoverHondaHNDAD94Nov102014.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  36.7 KB

Installed:
Name:  HondaFitKeywithOEMSiliconeCoverNov102014.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  46.5 KB

Old 11-10-2014, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
Fit > Jazz

I have a growing stack of parts out in the shop awaiting installation on my MSM EX, but decided to go ahead and install one of them tonight since the temps were above 60° F and it's supposed to drop to the low 30s (highs) for the next week:

And yes, it's JDM (actually, it's probably AUDM/UKDM or the like, but I sourced it from a JDM parts dealer). So now I have the first US market Jazz!

es

Old 11-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Looks pretty factory. Would likely be AUDM as they are Fit's in Japan. Don't think i got a pic before I debadged my Jazz.

On a different note, has anyone colour sanded their Fit/Jazz yet? How did it come up? I am having a practice on the Toyota that has been replaced by the Jazz and for a hand polish it is coming up pretty well. Would be better with a buffer but this will do the trick.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:56 PM
PUt on my VTEC stickers. I decided to cut out the "DOHC" and just use the VTEC. I thought it looked too "busy" with the door guards and there was nowhere else for me to put them.

Name:  vqN3g1q.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  1.58 MB

I accidentally left behind the top bar on the "V" on the driver side. You can see it in this picture:
(**Notice the "ding" in my door guard. They work!**)

Name:  SoAtgWx.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  1.37 MB

I was pissed at myself as I was super careful. Not sure how that happened, but it did. So, I just went around to the other side and removed the top bar from the other "V." Now I think it looks unique and kinda cool. I saved the "DOHC" decals in case I decide to add them later.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:06 PM
8k HIDs

Something that is blinding

Old 11-12-2014, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member

I accidentally left behind the top bar on the "V" on the driver side. You can see it in this picture:

I'm wondering about the door guards myself because most car doors are curved so the the way the guards are positioned way to the bottom I wouldn't think it's where would prevent door dings from other people's cars.

I will have to take another look at this. Some folks around here are just careless and had a few dings on my previous car. Even happened when I was in the car one time!! Sheesh

Old 11-13-2014, 02:00 AM
im new to mods . i have a 6mt gk , how would i go about removing the stock emblems and adding red ones? i'd appreciate feedback

Old 11-13-2014, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member
PUt on my VTEC stickers. I decided to cut out the "DOHC" and just use the VTEC. I thought it looked too "busy" with the door guards and there was nowhere else for me to put them.

Honda should use that picture of the ding in the vinyl strip for advertising. I showed my son that picture, and he's getting those strips. He parks in a parking lot at work every day.

Old 11-13-2014, 08:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DArkk
I'm wondering about the door guards myself because most car doors are curved so the the way the guards are positioned way to the bottom I wouldn't think it's where would prevent door dings from other people's cars.

I will have to take another look at this. Some folks around here are just careless and had a few dings on my previous car. Even happened when I was in the car one time!! Sheesh
What they should make is a guard that covers the whole door.

That bottom bit sticks out farthest, so if someone next to you opens a door too wide, it's the part that sticks out the most that will get hit. Of course, the shape the attacking door matters, too, but you can't do anything about that.

Speaking of door guards, I wonder how they would look in a color that's different than the car itself. How about red guards on a white car?

Old 11-13-2014, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Honda should use that picture of the ding in the vinyl strip for advertising. I showed my son that picture, and he's getting those strips. He parks in a parking lot at work every day.
Good thing. I'm glad I have them now. I'm not sure if these come standard on the EX and EX-L because I didn't pay for them but I'm happy they are there.

That is a pretty nasty ding I got on there. It's not just paint. Looks like somebody really swung their door into mine so thank you oddly placed door guard!

Old 11-13-2014, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Good thing. I'm glad I have them now. I'm not sure if these come standard on the EX and EX-L because I didn't pay for them but I'm happy they are there.

That is a pretty nasty ding I got on there. It's not just paint. Looks like somebody really swung their door into mine so thank you oddly placed door guard!
I've seen people open their doors in parking lots with no concern for the cars next to them. "Thump!" So what?

Old 11-13-2014, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
I've seen people open their doors in parking lots with no concern for the cars next to them. "Thump!" So what?
Yep exactly. Almost like you need one of those noodle foam around the car to protect it from people like that.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:59 PM

I would love to know more about how you did this!

Old 11-14-2014, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
After dealing with an injured cow when I got home from work, I had the option of sitting in front of the iMac and looking at all the mods you all are doing, or, going out and tackling one myself:

I'm well on the way to converting my USDM Fit to an AUDM Jazz!

After the possibility of reproduction JDM taillights fell through, *and* after I had a couple farm implements finally sell after being on CL all summer, I bit the bullet, er, treated myself, and ordered a set of OEM JDM taillights from a seller in Japan. By going direct, I was able to get a decent discount off the price, but they were still quite spendy!

I took pics as I did the install and will write that up in a few days - got a busy day with the vet tomorrow, I suspect.

es

COMMENT: Awesome result!!!! The First US MDM GK with BOTH OEM JDM Upper and Lower GK LED Hybrid lights. They are looking great!!! Jazz nameplate is very cool. Looking forward to your install posting. - rttby

Continuing my mod installs, put on the chrome muffler tip yesterday. Thanks Kenji815 for setting the lead!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-15-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stembridge
After dealing with an injured cow when I got home from work, I had the option of sitting in front of the iMac and looking at all the mods you all are doing, or, going out and tackling one myself:

I'm well on the way to converting my USDM Fit to an AUDM Jazz!

After the possibility of reproduction JDM taillights fell through, *and* after I had a couple farm implements finally sell after being on CL all summer, I bit the bullet, er, treated myself, and ordered a set of OEM JDM taillights from a seller in Japan. By going direct, I was able to get a decent discount off the price, but they were still quite spendy!

I took pics as I did the install and will write that up in a few days - got a busy day with the vet tomorrow, I suspect.

es

COMMENT: Awesome result!!!! The First US MDM GK with BOTH OEM JDM Upper and Lower GK LED Hybrid lights. They are looking great!!! Jazz nameplate is very cool. Looking forward to your install posting. - rttby

Continuing my mod installs, put on the chrome muffler tip yesterday. Thanks Kenji815 for setting the lead!!!!
Looks great stem! Do you mind me asking which buyer you sourced them from and around how much they set you back??

Old 11-15-2014, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NoVAFit
Looks great stem! Do you mind me asking which buyer you sourced them from and around how much they set you back??
Sure thing. Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Honda-Fit-GK3-4-5-6-LED-Taillight-Illumination-Tube-Type-GENUINE-OEM-/261644156660?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ceb34fef4&vxp=mtr
As mentioned, I ended up buying direct, which saved me a bit. I bought the set of lights and the OEM Jazz badge, and they were $820.00 delivered to my door (including shipping). Spendy, like I said, but you only live once, right?

The lights are *not* a plug and play install. If you check out Rottboy's thread on the upper light install, you'll see you have to tap the license plate light circuit to drive the LEDs - not a huge deal, though.

The main brake lights required a bit of hacking (literally and figuratively) as the light bulb sockets are different from USDM to JDM.

Here are the two light housings for comparison (USDM on top):

The LED brake light is plug and play, so no worries there.

The turn signal plug is slightly different between the two, and by carving the ridges off the JDM light socket, the USDM plug will fit, although the locking tab will not lock (different size). Just push it on - it's a snug fit and shouldn't come off unless you do some Dukes of Hazzard-type jumps.

The reverse light uses a smaller socket on the JDM light, and requires some extra wire to reach since the position of the light is different between the two. You'll have to peel back the outer covering and cut the USDM plug off (car side wiring harness), leaving enough wire exposed to later solder your extended JDM plug in place.

Here are the parts I used to make the new plug with extended wiring:

Since I could not figure out a way to solder down inside the JDM plug, I cut the collar off:

Extended wiring soldered in place:

I used heat shrink tubing to tidy it up:

Once that's done, take it out to the car and solder to the wires where you previously cut away the USDM plug. Note that you have to remember to slip your heat shrink tubing on *before* you solder the wires together:

Test everything before you button up the inner beauty panel, and you're good to go!

es

Last edited by stembridge; 11-15-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK