3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Arrival Begins!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by adigitalcure
Better than what I was offered here in MD...Dealer was trying to do $23,175 for a EX model!!
My EX-L was $22,406 with taxes and fees and no down payment. Without those fees I paid MSRP of $20,590. If your dealer is jacking up the MSRP I would find another dealer, this wont be the only time he screws you.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:23 PM
Not sure if this is of interest or helpful to anyone - but I was told by my dealership today that they have no Blue EX-L's coming in right now.
When I followed up with him his best guess was that I was probably looking at July or August.

(which of course makes me think it could be August or September)

Apparently I can't even put down a deposit until they have a specific vehicle allocated. Not sure if that's just how they do things, or if that's industry wide policy.

Here is the relevant part of his email:

"We do not have a blue EXL showing in our allocation as yet. I have two Silver, one grey, one red, and one white one incoming. I cannot take a deposit on the car until it has been allocated (trading for cars is impossible currently as so many are sold before they hit the ground).

I will watch the allocation chart daily, as soon as a Blue EXL appears I will let you know and then you can place a deposit and it will be yours. "

So after much debate and fretting over decisions.... looks like I'm back to waiting for a while.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Arrival Begins

The closest dealer to me told me he has a blue due in on his latest allocation. So I think that means in the coming weeks.
Originally Posted by AustinDriver
Not sure if this is of interest or helpful to anyone - but I was told by my dealership today that they have no Blue EX-L's coming in right now.
When I followed up with him his best guess was that I was probably looking at July or August.

Apparently I can't even put down a deposit until they have a specific vehicle allocated. Not sure if that's just how they do things, or if that's industry wide policy.

"We do not have a blue EXL showing in our allocation as yet. I have two Silver, one grey, one red, and one white one incoming. I cannot take a deposit on the car until it has been allocated (trading for cars is impossible currently as so many are sold before they hit the ground).

I will watch the allocation chart daily, as soon as a Blue EXL appears I will let you know and then you can place a deposit and it will be yours. "

So after much debate and fretting over decisions.... looks like I'm back to waiting for a while.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member

Blue cars only started getting manufactured in late May, so they will be in short supply for some time. Howdy Honda in Austin shows an incoming Blue EX-L.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:24 PM
Finally picked up my Black EX today. Love it a lot. Getting tint put on next Friday. Impressed! Having a hard time getting used to the smart entry and push button start but it's cool.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew Briscoe
Finally picked up my Black EX today. Love it a lot. Getting tint put on next Friday. Impressed! Having a hard time getting used to the smart entry and push button start but it's cool.
Congrats Andrew! i had the same issue but about 2 days and that goes away, then you realize how cool that really is. lets us know how you like it.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:55 PM
Andrew, did you get your tint Done?

Old 06-28-2014, 10:08 PM
True, not many blue at all right now. No blue EX-Ls on the way to any of my 3 nearby dealers right now, but one IS getting a blue EX-L with Navi. We were back and forth on the navi anyway so are getting it. Also don't want to wait and old car we're replacing has me on edge so we are going for it!

If you are ok with Navi also, have dealers look that up. Otherwise you can do a deposit and order a blue EX-L so you'll definitely get one September-ish.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by tmfit
Andrew, did you get your tint Done?
I just posted a thread with pics.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...x-20-tint.html

Old 07-15-2014, 06:43 PM
It was over a month ago this thread was alive and kicking.....I am going to look at a silver EX-l Friday morning......I'm so confused why if I put a deposit down and mentioned the color I wanted, red, a silver car was delivered. I was told Honda has the upper hand in what is sent....is this true....?

Old 07-15-2014, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Sas0002809
It was over a month ago this thread was alive and kicking.....I am going to look at a silver EX-l Friday morning......I'm so confused why if I put a deposit down and mentioned the color I wanted, red, a silver car was delivered. I was told Honda has the upper hand in what is sent....is this true....?
Honda has the upper hand on what is sent but that does not mean you have to take it. Stand your ground. Tell them if they can't get red you want your deposit back.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by rosienme
Honda has the upper hand on what is sent but that does not mean you have to take it. Stand your ground. Tell them if they can't get red you want your deposit back.
I will go Friday and see in person the EX-l..I never have seen the leather seats in person, have seen great pictures though from these forums, but I will not take the silver home, it's very nice but it is my last choice...I will ask one more time for the red see what she comes up with....thanks

Old 07-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Sas0002809
I will go Friday and see in person the EX-l..I never have seen the leather seats in person, have seen great pictures though from these forums, but I will not take the silver home, it's very nice but it is my last choice...I will ask one more time for the red see what she comes up with....thanks
I have settled on a different color on a new vehicle before and always wished I hadn't.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:14 PM
What areas of the country are not seeing any fits yet? Or does everyone seem to have them on lots now?

Old 08-05-2014, 02:38 PM
You know, I've only seen one other '15 Fit in my area on the road. I was hoping that I'd see more by now! I see tons of previous gens on a daily basis, though. I've also had previous gen owners park next to me and strike up conversations as well. Pretty cool, I think. So yeah - where are all the new Fits hiding?

Old 08-05-2014, 02:41 PM
The dealers in Hawaii have received only partial shipments so far, with most still in transit. The dealer I'm buying from in particular had a small number of cars, but it appears they sold them all already. I checked with my sales guy yesterday and was told they should be getting them within a week or so. I've only seen two around town myself.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by xStitchx
You know, I've only seen one other '15 Fit in my area on the road. I was hoping that I'd see more by now! I see tons of previous gens on a daily basis, though. I've also had previous gen owners park next to me and strike up conversations as well. Pretty cool, I think. So yeah - where are all the new Fits hiding?
I've only seen a black EXL on the road… From the same dealership that Has my deposit and is waiting to receive my silver EXL... Been 3 weeks, maybe this week it will arrive. Interestingly enough, the dealer across town shows to have received a silver EXL 2 weeks ago, which makes waiting that much more difficult!

Old 08-05-2014, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
I've seen two on the road - a red Fit EX as we drove into our new home town, and the modern steel one that I'm sure belongs to our own SR45. Also a silver one at the dealership.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:22 PM
2015 blue fit

I have seen only one 2015 fit on the road...this past Saturday.

It was a blue fit traveling south on I-15 at a Very slow speed in the Express lane. I was on my Vespa scooter and passed him because it was dangerous to go as slow as he was driving.

I'm sure that he was getting amazing mpg, just hope he doesn't cause an accident.

I liked the looks of the Fit, and gave the driver a thumbs up as I passed him on my Vespa.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Jack92029
I have seen only one 2015 fit on the road...this past Saturday.

It was a blue fit traveling south on I-15 at a Very slow speed in the Express lane. I was on my Vespa scooter and passed him because it was dangerous to go as slow as he was driving.

I'm sure that he was getting amazing mpg, just hope he doesn't cause an accident.

I liked the looks of the Fit, and gave the driver a thumbs up as I passed him on my Vespa.
Lol, passed him on a Vespa!

Quick Reply: Arrival Begins!