3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

How long will it be

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 07:32 AM
How long will it be

until you could go to your local Honda dealer and he might have 2 or 3 fits in stock one cvt or manual and you could just go for a test drive.

I may be off but I would say maybe mid Aug or early Sept, I guess it would depend on different factors, but since I'm new I thought some of you would no about a new release model like the fit from Honda and how
long takes Honda to kick out nice stock inventory.

One salesmen did tell me come Aug should be getting 6 or so at a one time.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:35 AM
That is an excellent question. To my knowledge there have not been but a couple more appear on lots locally since mine arrived back on the 12th. Perhaps they are still trying to disperse the cars out before starting to fill up lots. I bet your guess is pretty close to right!

Old 06-19-2014, 07:51 AM
yes it was........ lol

I did locate a silver LX 6 speed like 74 miles away from where I live , but I'm in no big hurry. Buying a new car is a big investment so I want to be sure but looks like a fun car to own and you really can't beat the gas mileage.

But yesterday I just popped off the cap on the rear end and took my 6 dollar bottle of gear oil and gave her a squirt and she was good. Plan on driving my 99 for a least couple more months until things catch up.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
A local dealer (Rochester, NY) sent me an email a few days ago saying they have an LX that they are not selling so that it will be available for test drives. I don't think I'm in the market for an LX, but it should be a reasonable representation of the driving experience for the EX other than the different wheels.

I was initially pretty set on the manual, or at least waiting until I drove a 2015 manual before deciding, but since then my fiance bought a 2014 Civic EX-L (CVT) which I actually quite like. As a point of reference there was a day when I wouldn't be caught dead driving an auto, and would often try to stop at red lights using nothing but downshifts.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by hayabusa12
........come Aug should be getting 6 or so at a one time.
Dealer deliveries are more dependent on the size of the dealership. For a new introduced model, deliveries would be sparse for all. Consequently, e.g. a dealer that moves 25 Fits/month would get 3 and another selling 10/ month 1. As production ramps up, the number of deliveries increase directly weighted to historical sales volumes. Venture visiting large dealership(s) and the reply you got from that first salesman will more than likely be different.

But since your dependable ol' wheels keeps chugging along, you have the best thing working for you - TIME!!! As with any retail item, the best choice/deal can be had at the right time. We'll keep you company as the search progresses!!!

Originally Posted by Ocedoc
.....fiance bought a 2014 Civic EX-L (CVT)...I actually quite like...was a day when I wouldn't be caught dead driving an auto.....
A majority of FF GK owners are now driving CVT's. Specifically on this tranny, their driving impressions are better than I expected. Especially the real-world mpg they all get!!!

Test drove a '14 Civic CVT last Feb. and decided it didn't give me the standing start peppiness compared to my '08 GD's A/T. Add this perception to my limited budget, then decided to re-spec my order to an LX manual instead. But in reality, it was that hidden desire to own an M/T once again, all along.

With your fiance having her CVT Civic, your able to appreciate the tranny character over an extended period. Since the results are positive, you should be landing your GK sooner than later (CVT's significantly more available). Another consideration in your favor - down the road, the CVT's resale will be better than the M/T.

Happy shopping guys.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 06-19-2014 at 09:54 AM.