3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

My review

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 11:09 AM
My review

Review from a 68 year old, 210 lbs, 6’3” tall, non car, non enthusiast Ex cop driver…

I bought the below model for me, no one else, giving up my 2013 Civic for the smaller size, better gas mileage, and prior 2011 Fit experience. Liked the 2011 except for the interior quality issues, and hard plastic, not to mention the cloth seats, which I did not like. Like the fact that the size is better suited for waxing over a larger car if that matters to anyone. It does to me.

2015 EX-L Fit
Modern Steel Metallic

Compared to the 2011 Fit Sport, the front/rear ends are a good improvement. Interior room, specially the back seat is a welcomed addition to the older Fits or even the 2014 Ford Fiesta that a sat in a few weeks ago.

Material is so much nicer, I cannot even understand one reviewer a while back saying that the interior dash is not as nice/soft as his/her older 2012 Fit. Go figure.

Leather seats are comfortable, but have not tested them on any longer trip other than a few miles. so this is something to look out for later on. Leather installed, in my opinion is not of the higher quality as the Civic’s or Pilot, but that is to be expected on a economy car. Not as soft, but I do like it over the cloth seats.

Noise level is fairly high when accelerating, but than at highway speeds the sound level quiets down a good amount, and is not bothersome to me. Can't remember how loud it was on the 2011 model. If one comes from a car that is quiet like the Civic or CR-V, you will have to get used to it.

The touch screen is just plain LOUSY in my opinion, and this is the only sore point for me. Boy if one can get a replacement, I would in a heart beat. Trying the touch screen for music or bluetooth adjustments is iffy at best, and had multi attempts before it would take. I hate this thing. Glad I did not get the In-Dash Nav system, and have to use this touch screen. Garmin, here I come.

Window wipers. Yes, wipers. I had a 2013 Civic, and those wipers were a bit loud in comparison, and screeched somewhat, even when brand new. Fits are quiet, and smooth thus far, and I’m impressed.

Driving. You do feel more bumps on uneven roads, but I understand this since this is a subcompact econo box car. Nothing that would have caused me to look else where. I don’t floor it, or turn corners fast, but as an older adult, I pretty much take it easy, and the drive is just fine.

Over all for the last few days, I'm happy, and have no buyers remorse. The size fits nicely in my daily life, gas mileage is not a factor since I don't drive all that much, insurance went down as well. I wanted for my first color to be white but the dealer had my second choice of the Modern Steel Metallic which looks very good in person.

Those that want the new Fit, should find it to be acceptable. If you like something that you would enjoy tearing up the road, carrying more people or item, or want more luxury material, than look elsewhere.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:39 AM
To alleviate the issues with the touch screen, use you wheel mounted buttons on the left side to adjust volume, change input. I don't bother with the screen.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by tmfit
To alleviate the issues with the touch screen, use you wheel mounted buttons on the left side to adjust volume, change input. I don't bother with the screen.
Volume mounted buttons is the way to go, but when first setting up I tried the screen, and what a bear and useless. Hope Honda makes changes for others next year or mid cycle year.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
Great review. I don't mind the Honda interiors so much myself. I don't get why people complain about so much about plastic; I don't spend time caressing my dashboard when I drive, I just look at it. I have my hands on my leather wrapped steering wheel.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
Iv learned that if you are going to use the volume on the screen, it works better is you "scroll" from + > - and -> + then actually tapping the - +

Old 06-23-2014, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Good detailed review. Thanks for posting your thoughts.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Another in-depth day-to-day ownership review. Can't get better than that!!!

One thing for sure, can certainly relate to the age bracket!!!

Continue to enjoy the drive and look forward to continuing impressions.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
The touch screen is just plain LOUSY in my opinion, and this is the only sore point for me. Boy if one can get a replacement, I would in a heart beat. Trying the touch screen for music or bluetooth adjustments is iffy at best, and had multi attempts before it would take. I hate this thing. Glad I did not get the In-Dash Nav system, and have to use this touch screen. Garmin, here I come.
I don't have this problem with my 2012 screen. It seems like you're saying there is a sensitivity issue. Has anyone checked to see if there is a sensitivity setting? Has anyone checked any settings at all? Are there any user settings to adjust to your liking? Can anyone comment on the screen being worse to respond than previous years? I take people's comments in this area with a grain but if enough confirm the screen doesn't respond to touch properly, there's a problem. Either firmware update or just a better system in years following would have to address it.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by SR45
Volume mounted buttons is the way to go, but when first setting up I tried the screen, and what a bear and useless. Hope Honda makes changes for others next year or mid cycle year.
I agree, trying to use the volume on the screen is a PITA especially if you are moving.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
I don't have this problem with my 2012 screen. It seems like you're saying there is a sensitivity issue. Has anyone checked to see if there is a sensitivity setting? Has anyone checked any settings at all? Are there any user settings to adjust to your liking? Can anyone comment on the screen being worse to respond than previous years? I take people's comments in this area with a grain but if enough confirm the screen doesn't respond to touch properly, there's a problem. Either firmware update or just a better system in years following would have to address it.
The 2012 fit does not have the new hondalink screen. Do you have by chance the Nav system screen in that 2012 ? If so, its like my old 2013 Civic Nav screen, and so much better, and what I was hoping for in the In Dash Nav 2015 Fit, but they gave us the current display (Also in the EX none in dash Nav) that is problematic as posted by Users and Reviews from car mags.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
Yes, I have the navi in my 2012. I guess it's just some stuff I'll have to play with when test driving a 2015. This is one area of the fit that I hope matures for 2016.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:50 AM
Thanks for that review. I'm only slightly smaller and slightly younger than you, and it sounds like we have similar attitudes about the purpose and use of the car, so I really appreciate where you're coming from! Good information.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Like to add that the head room was just perfect for me. I'm 6'3' and with the sunroof, I still had plenty of head room left. Read a review member a while back who complained of this, and wondered why the complaint. At least 3 inches left with the seat raised for my front viewing, never an issue.