3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Sun Shade

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 09:17 PM
Sun Shade

Has anyone found a good fitting sunshade for the new Fit? Keep looking around but can't find anything made with the right measurements.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by Sealyin
Has anyone found a good fitting sunshade for the new Fit? Keep looking around but can't find anything made with the right measurements.
The one I purchased from my Honda dealer for my 2009 fits very well in the new 2015 FIT. It was very close to a custom fit. Works just fine in the new car, I see no reason to get another one. Rolls up with velcro tie and is in great condition after 4-5 years of use.

This looks like the same one:

Robot Check Robot Check

They are really needed for sunny days where that huge windshield can really heat up the interior.

EDIT: Robot check? That's a kicker. I just included the Amazon link to the sunshade. Gotta lover Amazon...

Last edited by Brianflys; 06-24-2014 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Robot check?
Old 06-24-2014, 07:04 AM
I couldnt find one of the fan-folded shades big enough to fit. I bought the largest Walmart had and it said it was for the Fit but earlier years, it was about 5" too short and no way to hold it up in the window so I took it back and bought this one Auto Expressions Magic Shade Super-Jumbo Windshield Shade, Grey: Interior Car Accessories : Walmart.com It is 2 pieces and fits well.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the quick replies. I was looking at the one from Amazon but was not sure if the window size in the previous Fit was the same as the new 2015 Fit.

Last edited by Sealyin; 07-23-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the quick replies. I was looking at the one from Amazon but was not sure if the window size in the previous Fit was the same as the new 2015 Fit.
It says it will fit the 2014 Fit as well, and that year is just like the 2015, so it should work out just fine

Old 06-24-2014, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator
.....was looking at the one from Amazon.......
If this is the one from Amazon your looking at:

Amazon.com: Basix Magic Shade Jumbo ( Styles may vary ): Automotive Amazon.com: Basix Magic Shade Jumbo ( Styles may vary ): Automotive

Got this last year. Definitely will be more than sufficient to fit any Fit. Its really jumbo-sized. However, note that the material is not reflective. The folding ovals I got from Wally's is, and it does a better job of keeping a vehicle cool. Amazon's is better constructed but the Wally's is super cheap and more effective (albiet, a bit smaller so you'll have to use the visors to hold them in place).

Hope this helps and keeps the wheels cool!!!

Old 06-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
If this is the one from Amazon your looking at:

Amazon.com: Basix Magic Shade Jumbo ( Styles may vary ): Automotive

Got this last year. Definitely will be more than sufficient to fit any Fit. Its really jumbo-sized. However, note that the material is not reflective. The folding ovals I got from Wally's is, and it does a better job of keeping a vehicle cool. Amazon's is better constructed but the Wally's is super cheap and more effective (albiet, a bit smaller so you'll have to use the visors to hold them in place).

Hope this helps and keeps the wheels cool!!!
No, Rotty.
The one I linked to on Amazon was the reflective one with silver foil outside face and white surface inside. It is very reflective and keeps the interior much lower temperature. Also very durable. Worth the extra money for fit and quality.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Brianflys
No, Rotty.....Worth the extra money for fit and quality.
Your right!!! My bad for not opening your link. See what you've done??? Now am going to place an order with Amazon for the right one. Will gift my first Amazon shade to our niece when she picks up her new used GD next week. I agree, pricier but worth it.

Thanks Brianflys!!!!

Update: Decided to keep my 1st Amazon shade. After reading some of the reviews, seems that the pricier fitted sunshade is bulkier to store. My passenger dogs won't like that!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 06-25-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by tmfit
I couldnt find one of the fan-folded shades big enough to fit. I bought the largest Walmart had and it said it was for the Fit but earlier years, it was about 5" too short and no way to hold it up in the window so I took it back and bought this one Auto Expressions Magic Shade Super-Jumbo Windshield Shade, Grey: Interior Car Accessories : Walmart.com It is 2 pieces and fits well.

I just got these today and I can confirm the will cover the windshield with the visors down. Not bad for $13 bucks. Just have to make sure you get the Super Jumbo (SJ) size.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:34 AM
Has anyone tried Eclipse Sun Shades or The Shade by Dash Designs?

It's an interesting idea, at least on paper. It'd be cool to get some comments from people who've actually used it. Apparently they are custom fitted to your Make/Model - but of course the order form doesn't list 2015 Fit yet. Can anyone confirm that the 2015 Fit has the exact same windshield dimensions as the 2013 Fit?

Old 07-22-2014, 09:56 AM
m_x
I will ditto heltov.riddle; The Eclipse Sun Shade looks like the perfect companion for Refresh Mode. They are a bit pricey (and don't have the measurements for the GK on the size chart) but I have seen one in action and they are not as cheesy as they may first appear.

Any thoughts?

Old 07-22-2014, 10:25 AM
I ordered the Sunshade for Honda Fit 2009-2014 from Amazon and it does fit the 2015 just fine. Supplier is ProTrim, cost $34.95 plus shipping. It is a bit cumbersome but I've learned to deal with it.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by maui
I ordered the Sunshade for Honda Fit 2009-2014 from Amazon and it does fit the 2015 just fine. Supplier is ProTrim, cost $34.95 plus shipping. It is a bit cumbersome but I've learned to deal with it.
Pro Trim makes a sunshade for the 2015 Fit too. I purchased mine from Amazon as well for about the same price. It works well but is a pain to get on and off.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by m_x
I will ditto heltov.riddle; The Eclipse Sun Shade looks like the perfect companion for Refresh Mode. They are a bit pricey (and don't have the measurements for the GK on the size chart) but I have seen one in action and they are not as cheesy as they may first appear.

Any thoughts?
Does the curtain airbag in the fit extend into the front windshield (a-pillar)? If so, that shade assembly might pose a hazard.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:52 PM
I bought the "Sunshade for Honda Fit 2015 Heatshield Windshield Custom-fit Sunshade" by Protrim from Amazon. I can't confirm fitment because while my sunshade arrived yesterday, I'm still waiting for my car.

I've had these for several vehicles over the years and always been very pleased with them, though they aren't the fastest sunshades to deploy or store. The best part is that they fit neatly to the contours of the window and generally don't require flipping the visors (though on the CR-V visors were required).

Old 07-22-2014, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
By the way, it looks like the Heatshield is available on ebay for $ 40 and free shipping, which is less than the total price on Amazon once shipping is added.

I just bought this one from Ebay for $ 30.90 and free shipping. It looks very similar to the Heatshield.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intro-Techs-Best-Custom-Fit-Auto-Sunshade-for-Honda-All-Models-/261449320460?pt=Apparel_Merchandise&var=&hash=item3cdf98080c&vxp=mtrI'll report on how well it fits the Fit once it arrives and we get the car.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by heltov.riddle
Has anyone tried Eclipse Sun Shades or The Shade by Dash Designs?

It's an interesting idea, at least on paper. It'd be cool to get some comments from people who've actually used it. Apparently they are custom fitted to your Make/Model - but of course the order form doesn't list 2015 Fit yet. Can anyone confirm that the 2015 Fit has the exact same windshield dimensions as the 2013 Fit?
I've used Eclipse Sun Shades on my previous car and 2 other family cars. I love them! They're very durable and extremely convenient. I've perhaps had to replace them once every 60k miles 'cuz one side will go bad or something, but it's worth it. I'm currently checking because the manufacturer doesn't have the right size for our Fits. I even contacted them and volunteered to provide sizing to the engineer if needed. I bought the 2013 version from a dealer locally and it doesn't fit the 2015.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by quikser
Does the curtain airbag in the fit extend into the front windshield (a-pillar)? If so, that shade assembly might pose a hazard.
It does not, at least on the '13 Fits, according to the owner's manual. It comes down from the soft part of the headliner between the front and back pillars. The logo/notation about the airbag is molded into the plastic presumably because they couldn't mold it into the fabric headliner where the airbag actually is. (You wouldn't want the hard plastic trim piece flying off towards your face in an accident.)

I'm not sure I'd particularly want anything making the A pillar wider than it already is; it's occasionally too easy to have cars or pedestrians be hidden by the pillar already.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chazmr
I just bought this one from Ebay for $ 30.90 and free shipping. It looks very similar to the Heatshield.
"Intro Tech's" Best Custom Fit Auto Sunshade for Honda All Models | eBay
I'll report on how well it fits the Fit once it arrives and we get the car.
Update: This one currently does NOT fit the 2015 Fit like I think a custom shade should fit. Gaps of several inches on the top and on the sides. The seller was very nice and refunded my money. I should have just bought the Heatshield to start with.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:55 AM
The Autogeek website has the Eclipse brand of window shade. It has good reviews. Using their form I ordered a shade for a 2015 Honda Fit. They sent me a shade 19" long, the fit windshield is about 35" long (top of dash to top of windshield) This was not even close!! I emailed Autogeek Sat. about sending me the correct shade. I also measured the windshield side to side 40" at top and 48" at dash level. I will let you know how this turns out.
Bill

Quick Reply: Sun Shade