3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Loving my new 2015 Honda Fit!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Loving my new 2015 Honda Fit!

I own(ed) a 2011 Honda fit and really loved that car. It was really fuel effecient and roomy for all but my growing son who's legs were starting to touch the back of my seat. I had the sport package in the dark grey.

My husband received an invite in the mail that we could trade our 2011 in for a new redesigned 2015 for less than what we were paying now!!! I have to admit, I loved my fit and had not considered trading it in. I hadn't heard anything up to this point about the new fit so we both looked into the specs. We were so surprised with what we saw on the Honda website, we decided to go that night and check one out.

After I left work that Monday night, I met my husband at the local dealership and we test drove a black EX. I fell in love with all the new upgrades. (Everything but the driver side rear-view mirror and the lack of a decent armrest.) We bought the 2011 from off the lot and I had never actually before picked out the color of any car I bought. I was going to this time. I wanted the pearl white and my dealership said they would try to find one for me. I in fact found one that night online and my husband called our salesman. He worked a deal with that dealer and drove it up two days later. We signed the papers July 26th and was bought the first fit sold in our city. We have thoroughly enjoyed the new fit indeed with a payment that's $20 less than before even with all the add-ons. We added the side trim, splash guards, trunk applique, window tint, door and handle film protectors and the paint protector package. The resistall paint protector is crucial since our neighbor has a tree that drops sap over our entire driveway and tree sap is covered under its warranty. I love the moon roof too!

My son's legs have way more room than we even thought possible. We absolutely love the lane assist and backup camera. It drives better than the last one with more power and agility. Even the road noise is decreased. We get about 37-38 MPG on average. I've quickly put 1000 miles on this car due to 200 mile/week commute and a short weekend getaway 200 miles away (plus the 195 miles to get it here from the dealership in Oklahoma) and I have to say driving or riding was extremely comfortable.

My only disappointments besides the armrest and side mirror are the lack of android support even though I know it's supposed to be coming. The sms feature doesn't work if the car is out of park just like the HDMI and a few other features from the on screen display. The LCD display isn't a great resolution. When I attempted to stream to it I was a bit disappointed by the lag and image was way worse than what my phone or tablet could produce. I took my remote start out of my 2011 to install in this car, but there's doesn't seem to be an immobilizer available yet for it for my third party remote start.

All in all, I love my car. I had not been even considering trading in my 2011 but I'm so glad we did. This is absolutely a major step up from the 2011 in economy, quality, and also in the fun factor.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Kelly Stewart
..............................It drives better than the last one with more power and agility. Even the road noise is decreased. .....get about 37-38 MPG on average. ............1000 miles on this car..............the armrest and side mirror are the lack of android support..............The LCD display isn't a great resolution.............took my remote start out of my 2011 to install in this car, but there's doesn't seem to be an immobilizer available yet............I love my car.............is absolutely a major step up from the 2011 in economy, quality, and also in the fun factor.

Big Congrats on the new wheels.

You got your color, your price and although a few quirks in the features. Looks like, all-in-all is very livable with. Good for you!!!

Finally got to drive a Black EX CVT last Monday and the one thing that satisfies me is the steering effort. Light and tight. I'm also a fan of the lane mirror feature although I won't be getting that on my LX.

Enjoy the drive and post some pics for all to see.

Incidentally, I suspect the reason why your dealer was more than happy to give you a "deal" is they most probably feel its worth more on their used car lot over the buyout. Just goes to show you that Fit have good value and down the road you'll be able to get another deal with your new GK!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 07-09-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
Congratulations on your new white Fit! Be sure and post some photos. We're waiting on a white one and love seeing the pictures.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:33 PM

This is both my fits side by side the day we picked it up. We had to bring the white one back for the tint, trim, splash guards and bumper applique. The service department was too busy to take care of it before then.

Love the white pearl at night! Can't see the tint in the dark I'll post one during the day . It really looks sharp!

Old 07-09-2014, 10:43 PM
pics won't load.

How do I add them to the actual message instead of using a link?

Old 07-09-2014, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
Kelly, I believe you have to have 20 posts before you can do that. For now, you'll just have to post URLs if you have them. We'd love to see the pics!

Old 07-09-2014, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
Kelly, I believe you have to have 20 posts before you can do that. For now, you'll just have to post URLs if you have them. We'd love to see the pics!
Dang!

I was able to right click the broken looking links in my previous post and open in a new tab. I could see them there. They are from my fb page. Or you could try this one:

or this one:

Let me know if they work. I added a pic to my profile and also to my signature, but I am assuming those won't show up yet either.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator
...........Let me know if they work..........
Can't see anything yet. Keep on trying cause we all wanna see your new White Fit!!!!

Old 07-09-2014, 11:37 PM
GRRRR... Post 7...

Old 07-09-2014, 11:52 PM
[IMG][/IMG]

and

Name:  beforeandafter_zps735d26aa.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  117.0 KB

before and after

did that work?

Old 07-10-2014, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator
...did that work?
Definitely yes!!!!

Looking like the new Fit has blended in well with the rest of the gang!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 07-11-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Daytime pic

It's a rainy day, but this is what I have right now with the tint.

Name:  20140710_082327_zpsjpkwoedn.jpg
Views: 1797
Size:  73.0 KB

Old 07-10-2014, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
We signed the papers July 26th and was bought the first fit sold in our city.
Congrats on your purchase Kelly. White looks nice! I like how you purchased the car in the future and came back to tell us about it.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:39 PM
omg

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Congrats on your purchase Kelly. White looks nice! I like how you purchased the car in the future and came back to tell us about it.

LOL! And I rewrote and proof-read that post to death! OK June 26th. Proud 2015 fit owner for two weeks today!

Old 07-10-2014, 04:04 PM
The white with tint looks amazing! Such an awesome combination. I love my little Fit as much as you do When I read your post, I was smiling ear to ear because I share that same level of "omg I love this car" with you!

Old 07-10-2014, 04:34 PM
That body side molding looks pretty cool...do you recall what the dealer installed cost was for that? I think the MSRP before installation is $225. Do you know if they have to drill holes in the door to install? Thanks and congratulations!! (deposit down on the same color scheduled to arrive in a week or two!!)

Old 07-10-2014, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
Damnit, I was all sold on a blue Fit, and you just had to go and post that pic of the white one with tint. Now I'm debating this amongst other life choices!

Old 07-10-2014, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Great pictures Kelly, thanks for posting. We're waiting on a white EX, so we're eagerly watching for every photo we can find until ours arrives.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:52 PM
Looks Great! I like how they finally fixed the big old Schnozz on the front of the fit.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
I'm on the fence with the molding. It kinda gives it a little more flare I suppose. But the position it's in probably won't do a thing to protect dings, real world. Much too low it seems. Maybe the picture is deceiving.

Quick Reply: Loving my new 2015 Honda Fit!