3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Loving my new 2015 Honda Fit!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Kelly Stewart
I own(ed) a 2011 Honda fit and really loved that car. It was really fuel effecient and roomy for all but my growing son who's legs were starting to touch the back of my seat. I had the sport package in the dark grey.

My husband received an invite in the mail that we could trade our 2011 in for a new redesigned 2015 for less than what we were paying now!!! I have to admit, I loved my fit and had not considered trading it in. I hadn't heard anything up to this point about the new fit so we both looked into the specs. We were so surprised with what we saw on the Honda website, we decided to go that night and check one out.

After I left work that Monday night, I met my husband at the local dealership and we test drove a black EX. I fell in love with all the new upgrades. (Everything but the driver side rear-view mirror and the lack of a decent armrest.) We bought the 2011 from off the lot and I had never actually before picked out the color of any car I bought. I was going to this time. I wanted the pearl white and my dealership said they would try to find one for me. I in fact found one that night online and my husband called our salesman. He worked a deal with that dealer and drove it up two days later. We signed the papers July 26th and was bought the first fit sold in our city. We have thoroughly enjoyed the new fit indeed with a payment that's $20 less than before even with all the add-ons. We added the side trim, splash guards, trunk applique, window tint, door and handle film protectors and the paint protector package. The resistall paint protector is crucial since our neighbor has a tree that drops sap over our entire driveway and tree sap is covered under its warranty. I love the moon roof too!

My son's legs have way more room than we even thought possible. We absolutely love the lane assist and backup camera. It drives better than the last one with more power and agility. Even the road noise is decreased. We get about 37-38 MPG on average. I've quickly put 1000 miles on this car due to 200 mile/week commute and a short weekend getaway 200 miles away (plus the 195 miles to get it here from the dealership in Oklahoma) and I have to say driving or riding was extremely comfortable.

My only disappointments besides the armrest and side mirror are the lack of android support even though I know it's supposed to be coming. The sms feature doesn't work if the car is out of park just like the HDMI and a few other features from the on screen display. The LCD display isn't a great resolution. When I attempted to stream to it I was a bit disappointed by the lag and image was way worse than what my phone or tablet could produce. I took my remote start out of my 2011 to install in this car, but there's doesn't seem to be an immobilizer available yet for it for my third party remote start.

All in all, I love my car. I had not been even considering trading in my 2011 but I'm so glad we did. This is absolutely a major step up from the 2011 in economy, quality, and also in the fun factor.
My 3rd Fit. 09,10 and the 15. Big improvement over 2nd gen. 45 mpg highway, 35 in town.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats !

Old 07-11-2014, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by xStitchx
The white with tint looks amazing! Such an awesome combination. I love my little Fit as much as you do When I read your post, I was smiling ear to ear because I share that same level of "omg I love this car" with you!
I'm more than happy to share!

Originally Posted by xStitchx
That body side molding looks pretty cool...do you recall what the dealer installed cost was for that? I think the MSRP before installation is $225. Do you know if they have to drill holes in the door to install? Thanks and congratulations!! (deposit down on the same color scheduled to arrive in a week or two!!)
I don't think they drilled. When we got the resistall treatment, we were told all outside body work (add ons) would have to be done first or they wouldn't stick so I'm assuming some type of adhesive is what they used for the trim. I believe it was around $400 and some change. I don't recall exactly.

I'm on the fence with the molding. It kinda gives it a little more flare I suppose. But the position it's in probably won't do a thing to protect dings, real world. Much too low it seems. Maybe the picture is deceiving.
My husband really wanted the trim too but once it was installed, we agreed that yes, it's too low to be really any assistance especially with shopping carts as it sits right where they have a gap. We do like how it looks, but it is too low to be any kind of protection.

Damnit, I was all sold on a blue Fit, and you just had to go and post that pic of the white one with tint. Now I'm debating this amongst other life choices!
The blue fit was my second choice and passionberry is a very close third. In fact the answer in my profile for "if I had a million $ what car would I own and my answer was all three in EX -L with navi.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats- I love the new fit in white! Beautiful.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:20 AM
Congratulations you lucky dog....nice pictures..my husband said a pearl white would be nice, but I went for the red...still waiting for some movement in Rhode Island...have my deposit down.....Enjoy

Old 07-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Sas0002809
Congratulations you lucky dog....nice pictures..my husband said a pearl white would be nice, but I went for the red...still waiting for some movement in Rhode Island...have my deposit down.....Enjoy

I wanted Yellow, but no dealer can get one here. The Silver looks pretty good. Mileage is way over epa. Did an in-town check of over 40 miles before turning the a/c on. 42 mpg. From the dash indicator, not proven accurate yet, but still...damn!