3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New fit, its about time :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
New fit, its about time :)

I just got home an hour ago with my new Fit EX cvt, its black and its bangin.
If someone could explain to me how to upload pics, i would love to share.

I notice instantly how much more solid this one is compared to the previous gen,
Its steering feel may be a touch less responsive, however, but still excellent overall.

Where this baby truly shines is in its fantastic MPG numbers, its back seat space, and its electronics and interface. I havnt had to much time to play with it, so i will keep you posted on this thread about more impressions i have MPG numbers. I will prodominatly drive with the info screen displayed, because i am a dork like that and an MPG cruncher. One question thus far, has anyone figured out a way to get to the info screen from the steering wheel controls?

Old 07-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Congrats!! you just upload photos to flickr or photobucket or similar. If they're on your phone theres usually an app. Then insert them on here using the image button!

Old 07-14-2014, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
"Where this baby truly shines is in its fantastic MPG numbers..."

Ha! (25.3)

Old 07-15-2014, 05:27 AM
Congratulations on the new ride.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member
Congratulations on your new FIT!
We definitely want to see the photos and hear your opinions as get more familiar with the car.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by ophrey
.....just got home an hour ago with my new Fit EX cvt, its black and its bangin..............fantastic MPG numbers, its back seat space, and its electronics and interface.........
Super congrats on the new house member. Enjoy driving her and your reasons for owning one are why Fits exist. They will not please all of us all of the time but, surely, most of us, all of the time!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by ophrey
One question thus far, has anyone figured out a way to get to the info screen from the steering wheel controls?
Congrats on the new car!

You've discovered on of the quirks of the infotainment system... you can switch to phone display or audio display but not info from the steering wheel. Kind of annoying. Maybe a firmware update down the line would address this? I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Congrats on your new ride!

On the Accord's infotainment system, you could get to the info screen via the steering wheel controls. I am confused as to why they left it off the menu for the Fit. It was one of the first things that I noticed, as I was already somewhat familiar with a lot of the basic tech from the Accord.

With that said, maybe there is some hope it will get added! I mean, most people that have the Fit want to see the info screen frequently. I used to check it on my Accord all the time, too.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:55 PM
is the info screen all that useful?

I've owned a blue Fit EX-L for nearly 18 hours so I feel I can make these qualified statements. Unless I am missing something, the info screen just displays instantaneous MPG, average this trip and average from previous trip.

You can see the same instantaneous MPG graph and average MPG on the circle gauge to the right of the speedometer. So all the info screen adds is previous trip MPG, which never changes while driving, so this doesn't seem all that useful.

I wish the MPG graph had more labels besides 0, 45 and 90. Unless the MPG is exactly 45 then I am just guessing that it is somewhere between 0 and 45 or 45 and 90.

The Eco coaching just just changes from green to blue whenever you push the accelerator. I don't really learn a whole lot from that and the green glow feels out of place when every other gauge is blue.

Other than the lack of volume knob and arm rest, I am loving my first new car!