3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Phone Mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 11:04 PM
Phone Mount

I was thinking about getting a phone mount for my new Fit. I have the exogear tablet mount that I use in my other vehicle and I really liked it. Do any of you have the exogear exomount touch or touch cd? If so, would you be willing to put up some pics of what it looks like in the Fit? I'm afraid the touch cd would block some of the touch screen system.

Thanks!

Old 07-17-2014, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pipcorona
I was thinking about getting a phone mount for my new Fit. I have the exogear tablet mount that I use in my other vehicle and I really liked it. Do any of you have the exogear exomount touch or touch cd? If so, would you be willing to put up some pics of what it looks like in the Fit? I'm afraid the touch cd would block some of the touch screen system.

Thanks!
I don't have that exact one, but I do have a very similar CD slot mounted unit:

Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories

And here are a few photos of it in the car. The windshield shade is up because it was particularly hot and bright today. I turned the car on to show how the screen might be affected by it. I've been using it for weeks and it hasn't gotten in the way of the screen. Three photos with the phone in -- one straight on, one from the driver's view, and one from the passenger's. Then I took one straight on without the phone. I hope these will help. I've found this phone mount to be perfect for my needs. I would not personally want to trade it for a dash mount or a windshield mount. The positioning leaves it perfect for operation while being easy to see both the phone and the screen. At least as far as this one is concerned, I only wish it would tilt forward slightly more. The car's CD slot is angled so that the phone leans back just slightly more than I'd like, but it hasn't really been a hindrance.

Name:  YNlOmtV.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  595.9 KB
Name:  xou4ynM.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  551.4 KB
Name:  cV98SPp.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  557.4 KB
Name:  BZl22ZV.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  614.8 KB

Old 07-17-2014, 11:32 AM
That's not bad at all. Thanks a bunch for the photos.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:50 AM
I see the mount blocks the A/C vent. Do the backseat passengers complain that they don't get enough air?

Thanks for the great pictures. I had no idea they made CD slot mounts. I guess CD player isn't useless after all.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
So far I haven't received complaints -- though the only rear seat passenger is (frequently) a 7 year old who may very well not speak up as an adult would and we haven't had any 100 degree days yet. Low 90s most of the time since I've had the car.

So while I don't believe it has created a problem, I don't yet have certainty of that. I guess this might fall under "your mileage may vary".

Old 07-17-2014, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by simonx314
I had no idea they made CD slot mounts. I guess CD player isn't useless after all.
I second this. I may have to invest the little bit of money, at least until they release the gps for the android phones that we can run if we don't have the navi.

Thanks!