3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Is there a cargo cover for the Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
Is there a cargo cover for the Fit?

I noticed that the Fit doesn't appear to have a cargo cover to fit between the rear seat and the rear door. Does one exist? Is one coming?

Old 07-18-2014, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by crutnacker
I noticed that the Fit doesn't appear to have a cargo cover to fit between the rear seat and the rear door. Does one exist? Is one coming?
Yes, you can order online, it's like $188.00- benardiparts.com I believe is your best deal,

here-

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-C...T5R-C01ZA.aspx

Most Honda OEM accessories are available for the 15 FIT...you just have to google a little

Last edited by 15/SILVER/EXL; 07-18-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:48 PM
On again, off again cargo cover

Originally Posted by crutnacker

The Honda website definitely included a cargo cover among the accessories in the Build Your 2015 Fit feature several weeks ago. Now it is not part of that list ???????

I suspect that they are having assembly/ quality control/ rail transportation/ rework issues ... Let us hope that the covers did not have unintended acceleration problems. ...... Perhaps the only problem that delayed the 2015 Fit release to the USA, was the cargo covers in the first place....

(tongue firmly planted in cheek)......

I was told by a west coast dealer today, that the only cargo covers were in one of Honda's eastern warehouses at present. Whatever the issue, I am certain Honda will resolve it....

Old 07-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator
Fellows, XStitchX posted his OEM CARGO COVER installed on his new PBP GK. Pic is on the "What Mods........" thread. Post #112. Very nice and looks like it should have been a standard item.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 07-18-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:32 PM
Rottboy is on it, as usual! I got mine from Bernardi Honda. If you have questions, or would like more pics, just let me know!

Here is a pic of the cargo cover installed:

Name:  CargoCover_zps0b5625d4.jpg
Views: 6765
Size:  173.9 KB

From the backseat view:

Name:  Cargocoverinside_zps5902dd2c.jpg
Views: 3548
Size:  151.9 KB

Old 07-18-2014, 08:34 PM
Nice pics of the cover stitch!

Last edited by 15/SILVER/EXL; 07-19-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:42 PM
I will add that to my list..looks great

Old 07-18-2014, 09:37 PM
If you order one from Bernardi make sure you get the clips too. They are separate items. I made the mistake of not doing so and had to pick them up locally from a dealer (didn't want to pay $15 shipping on a $2 part).

Old 07-18-2014, 10:20 PM
These are the clips you need:

Name:  clips_zpsd4a1b657.jpg
Views: 3533
Size:  131.4 KB

You need two. One for each side. They clip on here, in the indented spot:

Last edited by xStitchx; 07-18-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:43 AM
My 2015 FIT EX (6 spd MANUAL; silver) came with the cargo mat installed as a Dealer 'profit enhancer'. Both MANUALS I test drove here in Atlanta had several over-priced items already installed (splash guards; cargo mt) or listed but not installed (pin striping). Quite annoying but I have seen Dealers do this in the past with "hot" cars.

I've had mine a week. The armrest has not been a big deal. Just got back from a 700 mile road trip. Car was fun to drive and I am very pleased overall. I got 48 mpg highway and have avg'd 40 mpg since I got it.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Nojak
My 2015 FIT EX (6 spd MANUAL; silver) came with the cargo mat installed as a Dealer 'profit enhancer'. Both MANUALS I test drove here in Atlanta had several over-priced items already installed (splash guards; cargo mt) or listed but not installed (pin striping). Quite annoying but I have seen Dealers do this in the past with "hot" cars.

I've had mine a week. The armrest has not been a big deal. Just got back from a 700 mile road trip. Car was fun to drive and I am very pleased overall. I got 48 mpg highway and have avg'd 40 mpg since I got it.
Wow! Great mileage and report...I agree on the armrest thing...no issues here.
I also agree it's a fun car to drive! Enjoy!

Old 07-19-2014, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Nojak
My 2015 FIT EX (6 spd MANUAL; silver).....very pleased overall.......got 48 mpg highway and have avg'd 40 mpg since I got it.
With that kind of mileage results, I'd be doing cartwheels!!! Good show!!!

Congrats on your new EX M/T. Care to share some pics??? Welcome to this great forum!!!

Old 07-19-2014, 12:05 PM
The cargo cover is the only part of my silver 2015 EX CVT that I am disappointed with. I had to go back to the dealer because they didn't have it in stock at delivery, and then had to go back a second time because they didn't have the clips. It's thin, cheap and I don't think the plastic hinge things will last. And it's absurdly expensive. Get good-quality mats, then keep the original carpet mats and and throw them over anything you want to hide in the hatch. I like the cargo tray. Will take a quick cleaning with the hose after trips to the landscape nursery. Keep the original carpet mats in the car, too, so you can throw them under the tires if you get stuck in the snow, which happens here in Ohio. I am cracking 50 mpg on the highway and 40 in town. My Fit is my first new car in 20 years so I have been like a little kid on Christmas morning. Almost 650 miles so far and still on my second tank.

Last edited by PutzBoy; 07-19-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by PutzBoy
The cargo cover is the only part of my silver 2015 EX CVT that I am disappointed with. I had to go back to the dealer because they didn't have it in stock at delivery, and then had to go back a second time because they didn't have the clips. It's thin, cheap and I don't think the plastic hinge things will last. And it's absurdly expensive. Get good-quality mats, then keep the original carpet mats and and throw them over anything you want to hide in the hatch. I like the cargo tray. Will take a quick cleaning with the hose after trips to the landscape nursery. Keep the original carpet mats in the car, too, so you can throw them under the tires if you get stuck in the snow, which happens here in Ohio.
I'm wondering if you got a different cover than mine. I do agree that the cargo cover is pricey, but I would not say that it is cheaply made. What are the plastic hinge things to which you refer? I'm just curious. It stinks that you're not happy with your purchase. You should be able to return it, I would think.

Mine just sits on the plastic pegs in the cargo area, and then the straps hook onto two metal hooks on the hatch door (in my pics above).

Old 07-19-2014, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
"If you order one from Bernardi make sure you get the clips too. They are separate items. I made the mistake of not doing so and had to pick them up locally from a dealer (didn't want to pay $15 shipping on a $2 part)."

I've run into this a dozen times since we've moved. Why on earth do sellers do this? Is the intention that they want us to hate them? if so, it works.

They don't even refer to the clips on that site, so you just have to know it out of the ether...thanks, but no thanks.

Last edited by exl500; 07-19-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Bernardi's website does show that you need the clips. That is how I knew to add them to my order:

Old 07-19-2014, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by xStitchx
Bernardi's website does show that you need the clips. That is how I knew to add them to my order:
I probably missed that in my rush to order.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:51 PM
I'll give you that it's not that noticeable if you're in a rush

However, to be fair to Bernardi, it is there. I do think they should just be included in the purchase and not a separate part. No one expects that. Heck, I think the cargo cover should be standard on the car!

Old 07-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by xStitchx
I'll give you that it's not that noticeable if you're in a rush

However, to be fair to Bernardi, it is there. I do think they should just be included in the purchase and not a separate part. No one expects that. Heck, I think the cargo cover should be standard on the car!
Totally agree on all counts.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Does the cargo cover provide any advantage other than hiding what is beneath it? If not, I'd prefer to just take the $190, and use it on tint, and not have the cover to contend with when I carry something larger!

Quick Reply: Is there a cargo cover for the Fit?