3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Is there a cargo cover for the Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
Does the cargo cover provide any advantage other than hiding what is beneath it? If not, I'd prefer to just take the $190, and use it on tint, and not have the cover to contend with when I carry something larger!
It keeps direct sunlight off of your groceries! Seriously though, I think that if you're going to opt for tinting the back window enough that no one can easily peek in to see what's back there, then save your money for that option.

I'm not getting tint, so I needed it for protection and privacy of my cargo. Also, it is effortless to take out if needed. You just lift if off the pegs and take the straps off the hooks.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:21 AM
5 Year Member
My Fit came with one installed? It isn't a standard feature that comes with for all models?

Originally Posted by crutnacker
I noticed that the Fit doesn't appear to have a cargo cover to fit between the rear seat and the rear door. Does one exist? Is one coming?

Old 07-02-2015, 07:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xStitchx
Rottboy is on it, as usual! I got mine from Bernardi Honda. If you have questions, or would like more pics, just let me know!

Here is a pic of the cargo cover installed:

From the backseat view:

Where did you get the under cargo or I don't know the name in english, maybe the rug cargo for the fit? It looks pretty solid and wealth build.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
It's called the cargo tray and I have it. It is really good. People here mention Bernardi Parts and College Hill Honda for ordering. I have no experience with them; mine were in the car.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitfulKenny
My Fit came with one installed? It isn't a standard feature that comes with for all models?
Not in the U.S., as my EX didn't come with one. If you did get one with the car here, it was a dealer installed option and you were charged extra for it somewhere.

I carry a couple of dark blankets in the car. They can cover up anything I want to hide, and they come in handy for lots of other things, too.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I carry a couple of dark blankets in the car. They can cover up anything I want to hide, and they come in handy for lots of other things, too.
I went to Goodwill and found a black sport/picnic blanket that I use. It folds up and has tote handles. I noticed a 2 pack of quilted moving blankets (72x80) at Costco that I thought would serve two purposes - to hide and to protect the cargo floor when hauling things. Unfortunately, the color is blue and I wanted black.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
In the fabric section of Walmart they sell black felt by the yard. Felt folds nicely and is easy to store, plus when you cut it to size it does not fray along the edges. Very inexpensive but handy for shielding things from view.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
Cargo Cover: Installation cost? difficulty?

Question:
So what is the installation cost involved when I buy the Honda Fit 2015 LX Cargo Cover and clips? Or can I install it myself?

-----------------------------
I had a situation 2 months ago where I bought the cargo net and clips online and wanted my local dealer to install it (screwing in 2 bolts/screws); they wanted $150!!! My auto repair wanted $54. Neither had done it before. I was on my way north to visit my sister's, and I called a Honda in PA and they wanted $60 but it was inconvenient to make an appointment. I finally went to Honda Dealer in Newburgh, NY and they looked up the official labor charge which was $10.00!!!
TEN DOLLARS plus tax!
Morehead Honda, 1000 Auto Park Place, Newburgh, NY 12550
888-449-6021

I cannot believe the difference in pricing for installation. When I asked my dealer here in Metro DC (Pohanka Honda, Maryland), the service manager said the difference between the $10 and his $150 was different labor costs in different parts of the country. No way! Strike one against my local Honda service dept. (For strike 2, see my post about broken Phone Memory Dial, not sure where I'll post it, in a few minutes...)

Etana
only getting 34mgp in town, 41mpg on highway trip, seems low?
But very happy with my Honda Fit silver 2015 CVT LX $17350 total final price.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
DIY Cargo Cover

What's not to like with these DIY cargo covers?

DIY Cargo Cover by NotBlake, $11

DIY Cargo Cover by SeaDen, post #1, <$15

DIY Cargo Cover by 2Rismo2, $30, post 12

There are lots of great designs on this forum. I just did a quick search. There may be other designs on this forum.

Old 09-13-2015, 04:48 AM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary

I wanted the cargo cover when I got the car until I found out how much it costs. I also thought the cover limits your carrying capacity back there. If you suddenly needed to carry something larger it would just be in the way. So I just have a dark wool blanket that i use to cover everything. Works great and was essentially free since I have had it for over twenty years.

Last edited by Wallygator; 09-13-2015 at 04:51 AM.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xStitchx
These are the clips you need:

You need two. One for each side. They clip on here, in the indented spot:

I ordered the cover with my car purchase to be dealer installed. They never thought to order the clips. When I picked up the car the strings were hanging. It was after 5 and salesman was at a loss. He didn't even know about the clips. I stopped in the next day for the clips. What a joke.

Old 05-06-2020, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you all for paving the way in advance.

Picked up a cover on eBay for about half of Honda's OEM price, but decent enough quality.

Boy, those clips were hard to pop in ! Required all kinds of tools, including pliers, mini screwdriver, curse words, etc.

Old 05-07-2020, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 15/SILVER/EXL
Yes, you can order online, it's like $188.00- benardiparts.com I believe is your best deal,

here-

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-C...T5R-C01ZA.aspx

Most Honda OEM accessories are available for the 15 FIT...you just have to google a little

I did some researching and found out there are two different price for the Cargo Cover. Now I don't know if it is glitch or something on their website. So the link above is $254.33 and this Link https://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-...0-T5R-KIT.aspx
is for $199.99 including two straps.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
i usually get parts from benardi , but i found a factory cargo cover from BKHONDA for $110

Old 05-15-2020, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bill bosco
i usually get parts from benardi , but i found a factory cargo cover from BKHONDA for $110

I do agree BKHonda has a great deal but I found a place that doesn't charge shipping and has exactly the same deal.

https://estore.honda.com/honda/customer-home.asp Use the estore Honda and and pick it up at your nearest Honda without the shipping charge. I just bought an oem filter for $17.89 not including taxes.

Old 05-16-2020, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
i'll have check that out . anyway , do you notice , with the cargo cover installed , any difference with the wind buffeting
that goes on when the widows are all the way down ? been wondering if the cargo cover could lessen this problem