3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Cargo Cover Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 10:29 PM
Cargo Cover Issues

I've tried searching the forums already but didn't find an answer.

My problem is every time I open the hatch, my cargo cover always falls off. Does anyone else have this problem? Does any one have a solution?

Thanks!

Old 08-12-2017, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't get a cargo cover! Was it an option?

Old 08-12-2017, 11:16 PM
yea, the cargo cover is an option.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:25 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
get window tint and dont use the cargo cover. that is wat we do on the GK. that cover just gets into the way.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
get window tint and dont use the cargo cover. that is wat we do on the GK. that cover just gets into the way.
I have tint on the car already but I also have the money spent on the cargo cover already. Just trying to figure out how to keep it from always falling off every time I open the back.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
are you saying it falls out of the pull string loop? can you zip tie the loop to the hook? ive not looked at one very closely so dont know.
on my Golfs its just loops... and i run cargo covers on those cars because i dont carry much cargo. lol

Old 08-12-2017, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Some suggestions make no sense. OP was wondering if anyone has the same problem. He wants a solution to the cover problem, not that he should have tinted his hatch window.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:46 PM
It falls off from where cover sit on those two round pegs. I feel like the cover is short by a quarter inch or so.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
Can you post a video bro?

Old 08-13-2017, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
Honestly can't remember now, but on mine, you set it on those pegs, then kind of lock it in place by moving either forward or back a bit. You can feel it.

It should NOT fall off those pegs if installed correctly.

Also, at least on my 2016, you will have a slight gap between the back of the cargo cover and the seat back...UNLESS you recline the back seats back towards the cover.

If you can't get it, I'd just swing by a Honda Dealership. ANY Honda Dealership should be able to show you how to lock it in place, and it's so easy, they shouldn't charge you for it.

*Assuming of course you don't have a defective cover. But a Dealership should be able to tell you that as well.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wasserball
Some suggestions make no sense. OP was wondering if anyone has the same problem. He wants a solution to the cover problem, not that he should have tinted his hatch window.
you need to get off your soap box consider this world is not just about you.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Yao Moua
It falls off from where cover sit on those two round pegs. I feel like the cover is short by a quarter inch or so.
ok, the part that latches to the sides of the interior walls, closest to the rear seat backs, right? hummm.. in this case that should be considered a defect if it's falling off of that as fitchet mentioned. do you think you can make an extension for it if the dealer gives you problems?

or like i mentioned earlier, just go without the cover since you mentioned you have tinted rear glass. that cover gets into the way more than useful if you do daily tasks with the Fit...

Old 08-13-2017, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
are the strings too short and literally pull the cover off the pegs?

I made my own cargo cover so just guessing at the design.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
are the strings too short and literally pull the cover off the pegs?

I made my own cargo cover so just guessing at the design.
Some suggestions make no sense. OP was wondering if anyone has the same problem. He wants a solution to the cover problem, not that he should have made his own cargo cover.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
you need to get off your soap box consider this world is not just about you.
what? Did you answer the OP's question? No, you basically told him the solution is to tint the window. You seem to know everything and think your input is the only solution. Maybe you do, having been hanging around since 2007 and with what, 14,770 post counts. You are the venerable dean here. I do apologize.

Last edited by wasserball; 08-13-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wasserball
what? Did you answer the OP's question? No, you basically told him the solution is to tint the window. You seem to know everything and think your input is the only solution. Maybe you do, having been hanging around since 2007 and with what, 14,770 post counts. You are the venerable dean here. I do apologize.
so lets think about this... what is the purpose of the cargo cover? to cover your cargo for security and to keep items away form direct sunlight. if the cargo cover is giving one a problem, offering to tint the rear windows is a solution and a damn good one cause you know why? window tint does protect your belongings for security and UV.

i speak from experience.. ive had cargo covers on my fits and ended up selling them because if you use the Fit as a daily task car, that thing gets in the way when you load up bulkier items.

i like solutions, not BS-ing around posting uselss shitt like you. and yes, i do know a bit about the Fit owning 3 generations of them in both MT and AT forms over the course of 10yrs..and tinting the rear windows gives one a lot more flexibility when carrying items cause youre not restricted to the tiny cargo cover you so love.. you can now use the entire rear of the car with security.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Yao Moua
I have tint on the car already but I also have the money spent on the cargo cover already. Just trying to figure out how to keep it from always falling off every time I open the back.
I think the OP has spoken on the issue.
They don't want to tint---already have it.
Wants to know how to get the cargo cover to stay in place.

Personally? PERSONALLY...
I like the cargo cover.
With the exception that as an accessory it was pretty expensive IMO. It's probably my single favorite accessory. I think it looks good, adds security.

As far as it getting in the way? Hasn't happened to me yet. And it's EASILY removable. If I know I'm going to be hauling a whole lot? I take it out. It's not heavy, nor hard to remove.

The rest of the time, I think it looks great and I even like to imagine it might help with some sound deadening. (Probably not, but it doesn't hurt).

Personally, I also think Honda should just make cargo cover standard. The fact that you have pay extra for something that comes standard on most hatchbacks is ridiculous.

In any case, of course NOT using a cargo cover is an option. BUT...some of us like them regardless.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
fitchet yah, i knew about the tint after the op responded so i didnt push him again on the tint as you can see. i was just explaining to the other poster why tint is a great no-BS alternative to cargo covers. have to read the posts in sequence to enjoy it i guess. haha

and yah, definitely keep the cargo cover if you like it. its just not practical for those that use the Fit to carry stuff. like my wife who is an IT consultant where she can carry upwards of 20+ computers at a time. or when i borrow her car to go sell wheels or get new tires mounted on a set of wheels, or just going to the stores to get a big pack of papertowels and toilet paper, etc sure you can remove the cargo cover, but where're you going to put it? in the cargo area? wtf, one extra thing to carry, right! that's just BS to me.

but on my Golfs, both came with cargo covers and i keep them on.. cause it does look nice from the outside when no tint is used (like my Golf-R as of today) and i dont carry much no my Golfs. just work bag once in a blue moon or kids school bags here and there.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, same here. The fit is the cargo hauler, tinted windows and my DIY cargo cover has since been trashed. My wife didn't like removing it for costco runs, etc and the tint definitely helps.

On the Fiesta ST, it rarely carries cargo beyond a backpack and I like that it came with a cover for the same reason of hiding stuff like backpacks when I'm out and about. Otherwise, for mountain bike hauling, it comes out easy enough.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tbFit
Yes, same here. The fit is the cargo hauler, tinted windows and my DIY cargo cover has since been trashed. My wife didn't like removing it for costco runs, etc and the tint definitely helps.

On the Fiesta ST, it rarely carries cargo beyond a backpack and I like that it came with a cover for the same reason of hiding stuff like backpacks when I'm out and about. Otherwise, for mountain bike hauling, it comes out easy enough.
right on! even this am i was carrying this long box to the post office and knowing that my GTI has the cargo cover which i'd have to remove, etc i just borrowed my wife's GK and zipped on over there to get the job done. no fuss, nothing to think about, nothing to remove.

Quick Reply: Cargo Cover Issues