3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Cargo Cover Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Took a look underneath my cargo cover and it appears to be kind of a inverted L shape.
So I think it's a matter of placing it on the pegs and then locking it into place by moving the cover under the inverted L interlock.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tbFit
Yes, same here. The fit is the cargo hauler, tinted windows and my DIY cargo cover has since been trashed. My wife didn't like removing it for costco runs, etc and the tint definitely helps.

On the Fiesta ST, it rarely carries cargo beyond a backpack and I like that it came with a cover for the same reason of hiding stuff like backpacks when I'm out and about. Otherwise, for mountain bike hauling, it comes out easy enough.
Yeah but for some of us...The Fit is the ONLY vehicle, we don't have the luxury of One with a cover, and one used for primarily for hauling. And the OEM cover is made out of pretty light material. Removing it shouldn't be a challenge for anyone.

Originally Posted by kenchan
right on! even this am i was carrying this long box to the post office and knowing that my GTI has the cargo cover which i'd have to remove, etc i just borrowed my wife's GK and zipped on over there to get the job done. no fuss, nothing to think about, nothing to remove.
I'm beginning to agree with Wasserball....the point is..we get YOU like NOT having a cover,- but it's not the point in this thread.
The OP already has one, already has paid for one...and some of us?- Like having them.
He's not asking if there are alternatives to not using or having one. And of course...simply NOT having one is always an option.

IMO pretty lazy if removing the cargo cover is a real deal breaker to having one.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:19 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yawn..u should re-read the entire tread again in sequence, fitchet. at no time did i pressure the op in discarding his cargo cover.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
yawn..u should re-read the entire tread again in sequence, fitchet. at no time did i pressure the op in discarding his cargo cover.
Maybe YOU should re-read the thread again.....

get window tint and dont use the cargo cover. that is wat we do on the GK. that cover just gets into the way.
LOL....right...

Old 08-15-2017, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
IMO pretty lazy if removing the cargo cover is a real deal breaker to having one.
I've got my homemade one and it's easy to remove. Maybe 30 seconds if I'm taking my time. It's thinner than the OEM one so I've actually just stuffed it between the door and the rear seat and still been able to haul stuff.

The rear of the car looks "cleaner" with the cargo cover hiding the trunk space IMO too.

OP - In this thread you can kind of see where the cargo cover sits on those pegs. Maybe it's helpful: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...cover-fit.html

Old 08-15-2017, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
I've got my homemade one and it's easy to remove. Maybe 30 seconds if I'm taking my time. It's thinner than the OEM one so I've actually just stuffed it between the door and the rear seat and still been able to haul stuff.

The rear of the car looks "cleaner" with the cargo cover hiding the trunk space IMO too.

OP - In this thread you can kind of see where the cargo cover sits on those pegs. Maybe it's helpful: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...cover-fit.html
To be honest, I don't mean to keep a argument or debate about Cargo Cover Good, or Cargo Cover Bad going...

If you don't want one? More power to ya...

Full admission, I'm not a big tint guy. I've had front windshield tint strips installed, and I had a vehicle that came from the factory with a degree of tint, but window tinting is not something I pursue.

So for me? The Cover is the best way to ensure security as far as keeping things in the back hidden from sight.
For that matter....there is nothing that say's you can't BOTH tint your windows and own a cargo cover.

Last edited by fitchet; 08-15-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator
how about them Mets?

thread closed. everyone needs a chill pill.