3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Cvt exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Cvt exhaust question

The 2019 Fit Sport has a weird metal piece in the back that is just hanging and can be unbolted. It's near the rear passenger side strut but there isn't one on the drivers side. Does anyone know what this random piece of metal is for? Aero? Is it for the bend to decrease the HP on the CVT? Any input would be helpful!

Old 05-11-2020, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe a picture would help? I know the sport has a different exhaust hanger situation than other models, maybe it's for that?

Old 05-11-2020, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
A picture is worth a thousand words. You mean Honda purposely have the bend to reduce HP? I know starting 2018 year, the CVT has 2 less HP than the 6 spd manual. I don't know the reason. Maybe the 6 spd guys were complaining their car's top speed was slower than the CVT?

Last edited by wasserball; 05-11-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
is that the odd shaped stamped metal piece that goes down diagonally from the middle of the car to chassis stamping that mounts the passenger side of the twist beam axle ? my '19 LX 6 speed has that .i had thought it was some kind of heat shield for the exhaust . i removed it to clear my cat back muffler . then ended up building my own piece going over to the driver's side instead , the theory being it could have been some kind of chassis stiffener . i could be wrong on that , but it did tighten up the back end of the car a bit . i've got 5 other braces on the car , two in the back and three up front . highly recommended

Old 05-16-2020, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bill bosco
is that the odd shaped stamped metal piece that goes down diagonally from the middle of the car to chassis stamping that mounts the passenger side of the twist beam axle ? my '19 LX 6 speed has that .i had thought it was some kind of heat shield for the exhaust . i removed it to clear my cat back muffler . then ended up building my own piece going over to the driver's side instead , the theory being it could have been some kind of chassis stiffener . i could be wrong on that , but it did tighten up the back end of the car a bit . i've got 5 other braces on the car , two in the back and three up front . highly recommended
YES! You are correct on what I am talking about. I also thought it could of been a stiffener for the chassis. So when you removed it did the handling become a lil worse? I was going to remove it for my exhaust piping.

Old 05-16-2020, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
actually i didn't notice anything different but i already had a brace up top from beatruss ( connecting to the two upper rear seat seat belt mounts ) , shortly after
i added another two point bar across the bottom of the chassis from ultra racing . i eventually fabricated something to replace the sheetmetal piece . the braces
increase the car roll stiffness quite nicely besides tightening up the body structure . like i said , highly recommended .