3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Fit (Not a Fan)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 10:58 AM
People seem to be worried about the engine, they've been doing DI for a decent amount of time, I don't forsee any huge reliability problems (outside of maybe some carbon buildup).

Old 09-25-2014, 12:12 PM
I think I like the 2015's better than the older ones. It looks like an escape pod.

Old 09-25-2014, 05:31 PM
I prefer the styling of the 2015 vs the previous two generations. Looks like a modern 90-92 Civic Wagovan imho

Old 09-26-2014, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Stubby
maybe I am a little biased with my newest purchased of my 2012 Sport.

Please understand that this is not a thread to bash the GK and the owners of the GK. Its just not appealed to me.
Thanks for bashing a sub-forum full of GK5 owners to toot about how you like your GE8 better. No offense taken.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:03 AM
I like the gk5 with the non-protruding lip. I'm not sure if thats the jap model or maybe the 2014 model.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
I had the 2008 base Fit, and while I liked it, I think the new 2015 is a more refined and capable version of the Fit. I would not go back to the older version. The only thing I am considering is the upcoming HR-V (which looks to be a Fit on Steroids).

Old 10-06-2014, 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by TofuShop
Thanks for bashing a sub-forum full of GK5 owners to toot about how you like your GE8 better. No offense taken.

"Bashing"? Just for saying he likes the looks of his better than the 2015? I'm pretty sure "bashing" would include words like "you idiots" and "yer taste is all in yer mouth". Not "I just like my 2012 better".

And *I'm* a hypersensitve, thin-skinned kind of gal. (I hate that word. I seem to have just channeled my mother there.)

Old 10-06-2014, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
My fit finally came in. I went to the dealer to look at it and it looks like there's condensation I the headlights already lol. Anyone have this? I'll be getting it delivered to my house tomorrow lol. Hopefully there's no condensation

Old 10-07-2014, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JN2k108
My fit finally came in. I went to the dealer to look at it and it looks like there's condensation I the headlights already lol. Anyone have this? I'll be getting it delivered to my house tomorrow lol. Hopefully there's no condensation
Darn, there shouldn't be condensation on a new car. This means the headlight unit is not sealed and it's likely a factory defect.
Let the dealer take care of this as it is a warranty item.

Please let us know of your progress and whether the issues persists.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator
This thread is interesting.

Coming from a GD which I owned from new for more than 8 yrs., the move to the GK was the desire to obtain current technology.

True, many things have changed, but remember, we all live in the SAME world. Either you accept it or be beholden to the past. A professor of mine, back in the day mentioned one thing, which I never forgot. "The secret to success is the ability to accept change". And he meant any change.

Have accepted my new GK for what it is. Like the styling but its something that's personnal. Therefore others who dislike the revisions - those views are to be respected.

What I disagree with, are the inferred technical deficiencies that some have concluded. e.g. the crank may be lighter??? but metalurgy has come a long way, every year. It could be worse, and only time will tell.

The one thing that makes all of us common is that we all drive and own our FITS, no matter what generation. That, enough, is a platform for all of us to learn from the past, the current and inevitably, the future.

The GK owners on FF, surely, will not hide any future deficiencies that arise. And from there, we all become wiser.

The one thing that remains, if it weren't for the introduction of the GD back in 2006 for NA, this site would'nt exist.

FF members who own GDs, GEs and GKs continue to be a source of knowledge and comeraderie. Threads like this make the share for all, educational and promotes the differing opinions.

In conclusion, I'm loving my LX - every moment of it!!!!!!

Old 10-07-2014, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by john21031
Darn, there shouldn't be condensation on a new car. This means the headlight unit is not sealed and it's likely a factory defect.
Let the dealer take care of this as it is a warranty item.

Please let us know of your progress and whether the issues persists.
Yeah obviously. Hopefully they either replace the headlight or seal it at least

Old 10-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Biased of course but like my new purchase, the 2015 EX CVT. I was going to buy a CRV or Rav 4 but my wife and I didn't much like the looks of either of those. Liked the looks and luxury of the new Nissan Rogue and made an offer on one, but slept on it and opted to save a ton of cash and go for the better reliability reputation newly freshened Honda econobox. I think the style, amenity and comfort changes from the old fit are vast improvements.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
so update on the headlight issue. they're going to order another one and i told them to keep the fit until it's replaced... so i still don't have my fit yet. LOL

Old 10-07-2014, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
Found out my Fit was built in May.

Cinco De Fit! **Kicks Rocks**

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 10-07-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:48 PM
To each his own. I think the 1st gen Fit looks like a minivan and 2nd gen fit is ugly. 3rd gen looks nice to me. But not really much point in posting to the 3rd gen area that you think it's ugly, unless you also enjoy people posting to the 1st and 2nd gen Fit areas that they think those are ugly. It's just a personal preference anyway, doesn't mean much.

Last edited by amy_wilhelmina; 10-10-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by amy_wilhelmina
To each his own. I think the 1st gen Fit looks like a minivan and 2nd gen fit is ugly. 3rd gen looks nice to me. But not really much point in posting to the 3rd gen area that you think it's ugly, unless you also enjoy people posting to the 1st and 2nd gen Fit areas that they think those are ugly. It's just a personal preference anyway, doesn't mean much.
Welp. You need glasses.

Old 10-10-2014, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
This thread is interesting.

Coming from a GD which I owned from new for more than 8 yrs., the move to the GK was the desire to obtain current technology.

True, many things have changed, but remember, we all live in the SAME world. Either you accept it or be beholden to the past. A professor of mine, back in the day mentioned one thing, which I never forgot. "The secret to success is the ability to accept change". And he meant any change.

Have accepted my new GK for what it is. Like the styling but its something that's personnal. Therefore others who dislike the revisions - those views are to be respected.

What I disagree with, are the inferred technical deficiencies that some have concluded. e.g. the crank may be lighter??? but metalurgy has come a long way, every year. It could be worse, and only time will tell.

The one thing that makes all of us common is that we all drive and own our FITS, no matter what generation. That, enough, is a platform for all of us to learn from the past, the current and inevitably, the future.

The GK owners on FF, surely, will not hide any future deficiencies that arise. And from there, we all become wiser.

The one thing that remains, if it weren't for the introduction of the GD back in 2006 for NA, this site would'nt exist.

FF members who own GDs, GEs and GKs continue to be a source of knowledge and comeraderie. Threads like this make the share for all, educational and promotes the differing opinions.

In conclusion, I'm loving my LX - every moment of it!!!!!!

Well said ROTTBOY! We are all Fit owners- regardless of the generation. Let the FIT Family unite to celebrate these amazing little cars.

Senior Fits (GD) Middle-Age Fits (GE) and Teen Fits (GK)

Old 10-10-2014, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd

Senior Fits (GD) Middle-Age Fits (GE) and Teen Fits (GK)
The way they drive is exactly the opposite.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Welp. You need glasses.
Originally Posted by john21031
The way they drive is exactly the opposite.
you guizzz

Old 10-10-2014, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Until the 3rd generation, the Fit was not even an option with my wife (our son owns an earlier one). Our 2015 looks like a smaller, more rounded, Honda Odyssey to both of us. She calls it our microvan. I'm good with that.

Quick Reply: 2015 Fit (Not a Fan)