3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

JDM upper lighted tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 12:46 AM
Post JDM upper lighted tail lights

Me wants with a passion. Can someone actually check to see how much it would cost?? Or get me the Honda part number and I can check if we can order them...

Last edited by 15BlkPrl; 08-13-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:37 AM
This thread is worthless without pictures.

Old 08-13-2014, 02:58 AM
If you check out Rottboy's thread "What accessories for you GK" it has the info for the JDM rear upper tails.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:02 AM
Heh, is this a duplicate thread then? (And I thought there weren't any.) I have to admit, I've seen a few Nissan Leafs driving around with their upper LED taillights...AWEOME. (Actually, I looked at the Leaf but gave up because an 80 mile range would mean I need to own a second highway car due to personal circumstances.) My plan is to replace my 2001 Frontier with a new Fit for the next 1.5 decades.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:51 AM
Yea rottboys thread has the part # listed, but does anyone know where to go to actually order them?

Old 08-13-2014, 11:46 AM
Link to thread plz. I really really really really really want these.. Really.....

Old 08-13-2014, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
Link to thread plz. I really really really really really want these.. Really.....
Link to thread started by Rottboy https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1247433

Post #62 from Maxair

Originally Posted by maxair
Yeah tommycrx, This is perfectly possible.
My fitfans forum friend will make this in your Brazilian Fit 15:

The Japan part numbers:

Reclectors:
33500-T5A-J21
33550-T5A-J21

Taillights LED:
34150-T5A-J21
34155-T5A-J21

Last edited by sixth; 08-13-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:17 PM
I'm so wanting these I wondered how the reflector differed from the JDM ones. So I took out the drivers side hatch door reflector to investigate. Fairly easy to do as it's only held on by 2 8mm nuts and a plastic clip. After carefully making sure that's all that held it on removal was a breeze. The back of the housing had a plastic plug covering a hole about 3/4s of the way down and approx centered left to right.
I removed the plug and there looks to be a hole for a led and socket to plug in. If that's the case then all that's needed is the led, socket and wiring. The housing could be used from my car.
If I can get ahold of wiring,socket,led part numbers I would be willing to be a guinea pig and buy the parts to test on my car...

Name:  imagejpg3_zps8ef91dfe.jpg
Views: 2700
Size:  48.2 KB
Name:  imagejpg4_zps49c9524d.jpg
Views: 2539
Size:  68.5 KB

Will apologize as the underside housing pics got deleted

Last edited by 15BlkPrl; 08-13-2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Added pics
Old 08-13-2014, 10:47 PM
You should shine an led flash light down the hole of the underside tail light assy, and see if the entire assy lights up like the JDM ones or not. I'm pretty sure the JDM ones have light guide assemblies hence why they light up the way they do instead of the whole upper tail being all glowy red. I can't imagine Honda leaving a "fancy" tail light unlit in our USDM Fits instead of cutting costs.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:52 PM
Was sitting here looking at my posted pics and the same thought hit me. I will remove in the next few days and try it. Either way wiring,bulbs,sockets will be needed for the swap to work and I AM doing this soon.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:52 AM
I'm very interested I seeing what our us spec lights look like with a led bulb placed in them vs the jdm hybrid lights. Even the lower light section is better with a real amber turn signal. Keep us updated with pics as a DIY led light mod would be a nice cheap way to light them up. Even though I still would like to to source a full jdm hybrid light set.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:59 AM
I will keep you posted...

Old 08-14-2014, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by ArchaicAP2
I'm very interested I seeing what our us spec lights look like with a led bulb placed in them vs the jdm hybrid lights. Even the lower light section is better with a real amber turn signal. Keep us updated with pics as a DIY led light mod would be a nice cheap way to light them up. Even though I still would like to to source a full jdm hybrid light set.

Are there amber color LED bulbs we can swap for the rear turn signals we have? I'd imagine it wouldn't look as red anymore, but probably more orange color.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by noripwr
Are there amber color LED bulbs we can swap for the rear turn signals we have? I'd imagine it wouldn't look as red anymore, but probably more orange color.
I'm sure there is & that would look interesting, I wonder how much amber would escape the red if any.

The jdm lights have a different bulb layout and inner housing area, our reverse light gets cut in half for an amber blinker. I hope that doesn't affect the metal area on the body wherever the bulb sockets are.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
I just pulled my driver side reflector off and pulled the plug off and put in a very small but very bright LED. No light came through at all. Nothing was visible.

I'm thinking this is not possible.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by andre181
I just pulled my driver side reflector off and pulled the plug off and put in a very small but very bright LED. No light came through at all. Nothing was visible.

I'm thinking this is not possible.

You are correct. That reflector is solid and does not let light through.

This is the part we need:

Rear Hatch Door Taillights LEDs left and right JDM part numbers:
34150-T5A-J21
34155-T5A-J21

I am trying to find a source for these. I am in touch with a Japanese Export agent via email. I can't get this pic to post in full resolution. Here is a link to the original pic where you can see the part numbers and you can see the outline of the LED's through the plastic. Clearly different than the reflectors on our cars.

Old 09-19-2014, 03:51 AM
Originally Posted by Fat_man
You are correct. That reflector is solid and does not let light through.

This is the part we need:

Rear Hatch Door Taillights LEDs left and right JDM part numbers:
34150-T5A-J21
34155-T5A-J21

I am trying to find a source for these. I am in touch with a Japanese Export agent via email. I can't get this pic to post in full resolution. Here is a link to the original pic where you can see the part numbers and you can see the outline of the LED's through the plastic. Clearly different than the reflectors on our cars.

Oh crap I think those go with the AUDM Jazz which also has different main body tail lights than the USDm GK5 Fit. See here:

Old 09-19-2014, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
Oh crap I think those go with the AUDM Jazz which also has different main body tail lights than the USDm GK5 Fit.
I'd be very interested in purchasing a set of the AUDM Jazz taillights (main body and hatch) if someone knows a source. A Jazz name badge would also be cool (to replace the Fit badge). I also like the OEM Fit Hybrid taillights (from JDM?):

Looks like the AUDM Jazz also gets a different front grille (which I like):

Then there are these white seats from one of the "foreign" Fit/Jazz web sites - wonder if those were just for the illustration, or if you can actually get them in that color?

es

Old 09-19-2014, 10:08 AM
Oh crap I think those go with the AUDM Jazz which also has different main body tail lights than the USDm GK5 Fit. See here:

Yea you have to get all four for it to match. Thing I like about the USDM tail light we have is the brake lights are really big and bright. The JDM one has the fancy red tube strip going on, but the actual brake light portion is smaller than the USDM. The plus side is the JDM one has actual amber turn signals, but that lower portion of the tail light is completely unused where it is the turn signal on the USDM version.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:15 AM
looks really nice

Quick Reply: JDM upper lighted tail lights