3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

new from nj sema2014 honda fit builder

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
for a one man show that's some great work. whats ur budget for the SEMA show just curious. pm me if its TOP TOP secret!
thankyou, well i build this fit with my own money but ive reached out to big dawg companies that will be helping out with products!! just a quick rundown on my build, car will be somewhat simple and 100% driven!!

custom paint
smoked lights
big brakes
work wheels
flares
visors
custom lip kit
custom turbo kit
coilovers
racing seats
racing harnessess
full custom audio
etc etc

Old 08-24-2014, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
If the idea is to attract younger people, shouldn't the car be a bit simpler, something that a regular person could achieve?

Old 08-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
If the idea is to attract younger people, shouldn't the car be a bit simpler, something that a regular person could achieve?
how more simple can it get?? ive been building showcars since 1999 and ive built cars that have taken 1-2yrs to build im building this in a month, lip kit, turbo, wheels and stuff like that are considered simple thats what you see at meets and shows nowadays!! crazy would be fiberglass work, widebody, airide, shaved enginebay, shaved body, candy paint, crazy roll cage,, i mean this car will tour the country so cant look stock,,,, hope this clears something up!!

Old 08-24-2014, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator
smoked lights is gay.... go reach out to Lightwerkz in paterson see if they would retrofit sponsor it. they can even etch their logo to the lens.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:02 PM
smoked lights is gay.... go reach out to Lightwerkz in paterson see if they would retrofit sponsor it. they can even etch their logo to the lens.
gay??????? wow i hope the fit community isnt about bashing others idea, if so i might just exit to the left and not look back, ill be smoking the lights on this car but thanks for the idea

Old 08-24-2014, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator
lol didnt mean to bash, however love retrofits

i wonder if the other 5 will even try to retrofit

Old 08-24-2014, 07:11 PM
lol didnt mean to bash, however love retrofits

i wonder if the other 5 will even try to retrofit
haha my bad then, not sure if theyll do anything like that !!

Old 08-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator
considering it will only take an hour to do simple swap-in and a couple more hours for some custom paint work for it. maybe even have the headlight bezels color matched to your color scheme. it would be the easiest probably from all the work you are planning to do.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:23 PM
considering it will only take an hour to do simple swap-in and a couple more hours for some custom paint work for it. maybe even have the headlight bezels color matched to your color scheme. it would be the easiest probably from all the work you are planning to do.
true and something to consider,, thankyou

Old 08-24-2014, 09:20 PM
Just remember you can't make everyone happy so just ignore the negative comments and embrace the positives. Previous gen fit owners seem to hate on the new GK chassis anyways, but us current owners like the cars.

Make the car the way you want with your talents. In the end it will be your work being shown off. I also wouldn't be surprised if Spoon Sports drops another k-series into this sema fit. Actually I really hope they do as that's what this car really needs to even come close to a Civic Si or accord level. But throwing a turbo on the new L15 will be nice to see what numbers you can put down. I think this fit would also look interesting with a full roof rag top especially with the new refresh mode they have when folding the front seats down.

So far your plans sound good to me, Work Wheels I hope you have a good model picked out for the GK. I have Work Meister S1 3P on my s2k, these wheels look good on any car.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:32 PM
thanks bro and its all good i think it was just a misunderstanding haha!! well i wanted to do a boosted kswap BUT was told nope and all cars must keep the original motor, im aiming rite now for about 300whp but not sure how thatll work out for me lol!! i had big plans when i thought id have the car in july but since i still have no car and the others all are way ahead of me ill have to fucus on exterior the most, once i have the car in front of me an zone out ill figure out exactly what im doing!!!!!! the work wheels im doing are from the new seeker line and thinking outside the box and maybe 18x10's haha but lets see!!!

Originally Posted by ArchaicAP2
Just remember you can't make everyone happy so just ignore the negative comments and embrace the positives. Previous gen fit owners seem to hate on the new GK chassis anyways, but us current owners like the cars.

Make the car the way you want with your talents. In the end it will be your work being shown off. I also wouldn't be surprised if Spoon Sports drops another k-series into this sema fit. Actually I really hope they do as that's what this car really needs to even come close to a Civic Si or accord level. But throwing a turbo on the new L15 will be nice to see what numbers you can put down. I think this fit would also look interesting with a full roof rag top especially with the new refresh mode they have when folding the front seats down.

So far your plans sound good to me, Work Wheels I hope you have a good model picked out for the GK. I have Work Meister S1 3P on my s2k, these wheels look good on any car.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

it was all a misunderstanding and for you to put me into the group of GE8 owners that hate on the GK, i don't see where u get that from. i'm all for supporting the GK platform and rooting that all this attention will start up a nice USDM aftermarket support for y'all. in fact, i'm quite happy that a local guy to me is on par with all those bigger companies and support him with 12 pack beers. Dirty Jerzee!

Old 08-24-2014, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by kennyv007
the work wheels im doing are from the new seeker line and thinking outside the box and maybe 18x10's haha but lets see!!!
Lol I was even gonna suggest Seeker SX as that's what I would like to source for mine. Classics old school look but new design. He's me waiting to see them all finished & it just got announced.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:59 PM
it was all a misunderstanding and for you to put me into the group of GE8 owners that hate on the GK, i don't see where u get that from. i'm all for supporting the GK platform and rooting that all this attention will start up a nice USDM aftermarket support for y'all. in fact, i'm quite happy that a local guy to me is on par with all those bigger companies and support him with 12 pack beers. Dirty Jerzee!
all good brotha and in 3 weeks ill be hosting an open house type event requested by honda of america so they can check out the car and what ive done so far, ill be inviting a few industry people, family, friends and you aswell!!!! date and location will be determined later on but ill keep you posted via inbox

Old 08-24-2014, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator
awesome! k.i.t.!

Old 08-24-2014, 10:03 PM
Lol I was even gonna suggest Seeker SX as that's what I would like to source for mine. Classics old school look but new design. He's me waiting to see them all finished & it just got announced.
looked at those but will be doing the cx's, i wanted a 5star but love the mesh look aswell

Old 08-24-2014, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kennyv007
how more simple can it get?? ive been building showcars since 1999 and ive built cars that have taken 1-2yrs to build im building this in a month, lip kit, turbo, wheels and stuff like that are considered simple thats what you see at meets and shows nowadays!! crazy would be fiberglass work, widebody, airide, shaved enginebay, shaved body, candy paint, crazy roll cage,, i mean this car will tour the country so cant look stock,,,, hope this clears something up!!
I understand its not wild by SEMA levels, but by Honda Fit standards, the stuff you listed just sounds a little wild for such a small car. I hope you can make it look good, but I just don't know. Just seems very 99-01, rather than 2014.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
I understand its not wild by SEMA levels, but by Honda Fit standards, the stuff you listed just sounds a little wild for such a small car. I hope you can make it look good, but I just don't know. Just seems very 99-01, rather than 2014.
i guess but please educate me a little if you dont mind, what seems 99-01 lol im lost!!! lip kit??? work wheels?? big brakes??? or was it the flares???? cant be the turbo kit im sure, i know it cant be the takata race seats,,, im lost bro sorry if i sound stupid by i myself build cars for sema, pri, the big show, new york int auto show and thats rite on point with whats in rite now!! i could be wrong though so please explain, again if you dont mind that is!!

Old 08-25-2014, 04:17 PM
Hey Kenny, did you get the car yet?

Old 08-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by cl juice
Hey Kenny, did you get the car yet?
nope, California says it left on tues and they asked the transport company to have it to me by friday but nothing yet!! just called my guy at honda california but hes on vaca so im hoping ill get a call from the truck driver by the end of today!!

Quick Reply: new from nj sema2014 honda fit builder