3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Aftermarket Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
Aftermarket Muffler

Has anyone considered changing out their aftermarket muffler? I was underneath the car earlier today and it looks like the inle is offset while the outlet of the muffler is in the center. I tried to see if it is a straight through setup (Stock hardly every is...I've never seen one) and I could not tell.

I'm planning on having a straight through setup installed this Friday at a local shop. Straight through meaning you can pretty much see from one side of the muffler to the other while looking through the pipe. I've never been a fan of twists and bends inside (or outside) a muffler.

So, has anyone changed theirs out? Does the stock muffler look restrictive in any kind of way (In particular, are there a lot of bends in it internally)? Thanks for any clarification. I'd like to get this changed out Friday and then test the results out Friday night.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:39 PM
If the GK muffler is anything like the GE muffler, it is extremely restrictive.

My stock GE muffler had a gold and purple hotspot in less then 5k miles. plain evidence of the restriction, and once removed, I got a bit more high rpm power back.