2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

stock and stock-like muffler

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
stock and stock-like muffler

So, I've been driving quite a bit these last four weeks, and I found out something interesting...

After about 8 hours of near nonstop driving, crap in the car will heat up because of the muffler. As vtecfit1 can attest to, the bottom side of my luggage was quite hot when I got to his place, as they were sitting on the cargo floor directly over where the muffler was. Even though the whole spare tire well was hot to the touch, again, it was the worst above the muffler.

So I'm curious as if anyone has found an aftermarket muffler that is inexpensive and similar to the stock muffler in performance and sound output, only differing in shape. I remembering seeing some that were straight pipe and take up less space than stock (seem a little further away from the heat shield(?)), but most of those change performance and sound. Honestly, I like the low end torque more than high end, since I rarely rev high enough. And I really dislike loud mufflers. Of course, most after market mufflers do exactly what I don't want... more free flowing pipe for high rev power, sacrificing a little on the low end and much more noise.

Hum...

Old 08-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Never had the problem - interesting observation. Curious to hear feedback from others.

Keep me posted on your NY appearance. Would like to meet your Fit if possible.