3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Anyone Opened a Stock Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
Anyone Opened a Stock Muffler

I have changed the exhaust on almost everything I have ever owned.... I can't get myself to mess with this Fit, but some inner forces are pulling on me. It has me wondering...

I have dug through with the search tool and cannot get any hits... Has anyone cut into the factory GK muffler to see how it's made? I have this odd desire to just hear the car a little more. I don't need a musical instrument on the back that blasts out some fake sounds, I just want a touch more car. Maybe I need to research how these downpipes and mid-pipes change sounds when used with a factory muffler, if anyone does that. Searching for the sound that Honda should have given the "Sport" from the factory.

Thanks!

Old 08-08-2018, 12:56 PM
Just get a reeeeeaaaallllllyyyyyy long drill bit, and go in from the tailpipe, straight through the muffler, all the way through

Repeat with increased drill bit diameter until you're happy

Also rick is selling his pulse chamber

Last edited by magnet18; 08-08-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by magnet18
Just get a reeeeeaaaallllllyyyyyy long drill bit, and go in from the tailpipe, straight through the muffler, all the way through

The "Also rick is selling his pulse chamber" part should not be in purple font...

Old 08-08-2018, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by magnet18

As a guy who can TIG or MIG weld a panel back on, it really does have me pondering the idea of taking the top side off, seeing if there is baffle that could be removed, or packing that could come out, or maybe some chamber holes that could be enlarged substantially, then place the shell shell back on. I guess I could do a post IN SEARCH OF - but only want to pay shipping.... LOL. I need a spare I can play with.

Originally Posted by UnFitRick
The "Also rick is selling his pulse chamber" part should not be in purple font...
I have followed your love / hate relationship much closer than you know.. LOL!

Old 08-08-2018, 02:25 PM
Junkyard?
x-ray at work when not in use? My workplace is surprisingly chill about letting me xray random stuff

Old 08-08-2018, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
buy rick's bisimoto, and then .... open up your oem exhaust in the name of science =)