3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

How a Red Fit turned into a Black Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 03:21 PM
Angry How a Red Fit turned into a Black Fit

As my search for a new car began the Fit was on my radar from the start. I had totaled my beloved 2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX in San Marino Red. A lovely 15 year old in a Chevy HHR pulled out in front of me failing to yield and I slammed into him at about 50 MPH. To get to the point, I walked away and knew my next car was going to be another Honda. The Accord was out of my price range so I began to research the new Fit's. I wanted something with the latest technology so the Fit EX was a standout in this place. I went to my local Honda dealer which had recently been bought out and was now Shottenkirk Honda of Cartersvillle. They informed me they would be getting in 3 Fits within a week. A blue, red, and black one. Of course I loved the Red so I went ahead with financing and put down $500 on the car to reserve it. Great, it was going to be here within 3 days. NOT! Over a week later the Dealer couldn't even tell me if the car had left the Factory in Mexico. This was very annoying since I had already bought the car but didn't have it yet. Another 4 days went by and the dealer received the black one, but still no word on the red one. I waited another day and finally went to the dealer to inquire about the black one. The black was a great color on the fit, it looked very sporty and mean. I fell in love with the black and decided that I wanted it instead, mainly because it was available and the red one was nowhere in sight. The dealer re-arranged my financing and I was on my way in a new Fit within the hour. I can't blame any of the delays on the dealer, but they didn't seem like they cared much. The did end up being very helpful in purchasing the black one so I will be back for my service visits at the dealer.

So far my Fit has around 300 miles on it and I have owned it a little shy of a week. It handles well, and despite what some reviewers say the CVT isn't annoying and loud, if anything is noisy it's the engine which makes a great sound that is appealing. The car is averaging around 33 City which is almost 100% of my driving. The few times I have had it on the interstate it gets about 45 MPG it claims. The paddle shifters work better than I thought and are quite fun. Overall this is a great little car from Honda and it shows they are making a comeback in making cars that truly do stand out in their class.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:52 PM
Thats Awesome dude! Hope you continue to enjoy it and return here often.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by The Fit is a Fit for me
As my search for a new car began the Fit was on my radar from the start. I had totaled my beloved 2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX in San Marino Red. A lovely 15 year old in a Chevy HHR pulled out in front of me failing to yield and I slammed into him at about 50 MPH. To get to the point, I walked away and knew my next car was going to be another Honda. The Accord was out of my price range so I began to research the new Fit's. I wanted something with the latest technology so the Fit EX was a standout in this place. I went to my local Honda dealer which had recently been bought out and was now Shottenkirk Honda of Cartersvillle. They informed me they would be getting in 3 Fits within a week. A blue, red, and black one. Of course I loved the Red so I went ahead with financing and put down $500 on the car to reserve it. Great, it was going to be here within 3 days. NOT! Over a week later the Dealer couldn't even tell me if the car had left the Factory in Mexico. This was very annoying since I had already bought the car but didn't have it yet. Another 4 days went by and the dealer received the black one, but still no word on the red one. I waited another day and finally went to the dealer to inquire about the black one. The black was a great color on the fit, it looked very sporty and mean. I fell in love with the black and decided that I wanted it instead, mainly because it was available and the red one was nowhere in sight. The dealer re-arranged my financing and I was on my way in a new Fit within the hour. I can't blame any of the delays on the dealer, but they didn't seem like they cared much. The did end up being very helpful in purchasing the black one so I will be back for my service visits at the dealer.

So far my Fit has around 300 miles on it and I have owned it a little shy of a week. It handles well, and despite what some reviewers say the CVT isn't annoying and loud, if anything is noisy it's the engine which makes a great sound that is appealing. The car is averaging around 33 City which is almost 100% of my driving. The few times I have had it on the interstate it gets about 45 MPG it claims. The paddle shifters work better than I thought and are quite fun. Overall this is a great little car from Honda and it shows they are making a comeback in making cars that truly do stand out in their class.
Hey hey, you're in my neck of the woods. I live near Dalton. I went to Cleveland and got my Honda fit at Honda of Cleveland. That was 2 weeks ago.

My salesperson searched for Honda's within a 120 mile radius and the only LX colors available were Gray, Silver, and Black. I got the black. The black looks super nice, but man, it's hard to keep clean.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by stellgod
Hey hey, you're in my neck of the woods. I live near Dalton. I went to Cleveland and got my Honda fit at Honda of Cleveland. That was 2 weeks ago.

My salesperson searched for Honda's within a 120 mile radius and the only LX colors available were Gray, Silver, and Black. I got the black. The black looks super nice, but man, it's hard to keep clean.
Yes they are hard to find, and from what I have seen LX are even harder to find than EX. One suggestion I have in keeping it clean is go to Advanced Auto Parts and get some Griot's Garage Spray-On Car Wash with the microfiber cloths that are made for it. It's around $15 for a bottle and the clothes are around $20 I believe but they are washable so you can reuse them. It works very well in keeping the car shiny between washes and it's easy to use. It doesn't work so good on the windows so some good glass cleaner on the outside will work just fine. My question for you is have you tinted the windows and if so could you tell me if it looks good.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by The Fit is a Fit for me
Yes they are hard to find, and from what I have seen LX are even harder to find than EX. One suggestion I have in keeping it clean is go to Advanced Auto Parts and get some Griot's Garage Spray-On Car Wash with the microfiber cloths that are made for it. It's around $15 for a bottle and the clothes are around $20 I believe but they are washable so you can reuse them. It works very well in keeping the car shiny between washes and it's easy to use. It doesn't work so good on the windows so some good glass cleaner on the outside will work just fine. My question for you is have you tinted the windows and if so could you tell me if it looks good.
Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure how I was going to keep this car clean and shiny.

Not yet on the tint, but soon. I've called around and gotten some quotes for $200. I plan on getting 35% on all but the front, just to be legal. The 20% looks spectacular though as long as you don't mind running illegal tint. Search for tint on this forum, and you'll bring back lots of threads with pictures in it.