3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Bisimoto quest for the world's first boosted GK

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 09:14 PM
cat deletes are good for 12whp on the GE, I would imagine the GK can get a few more then that since it has a stronger engine.

I think its fake if he has not tuned it. no way boltons gave him 35-40whp without tuning

Old 11-06-2014, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
cat deletes are good for 12whp on the GE, I would imagine the GK can get a few more then that since it has a stronger engine.

I think its fake if he has not tuned it. no way boltons gave him 35-40whp without tuning
This is what's killing me. I want a power/weight ratio around 14.6lbs/per horsepower (Right where a 2014 Honda Civic Si is). Gaining 20 horsepower from exhaust modification alone would be perfect. I'm open minded! I just want to get my hands on the part for testing (Cat sections that connect exhaust port to 'B' pipe). I was gonna have a shop do this but am willing to be a little bit patient to see if some info comes out about this in the next week or two.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:14 PM
There's no way we're getting 35-40 whp from bolt-ons on a 1.5 liter engine. They didn't specify whp, so their 151 number might be crank which would give us 127 whp which is about 10whp gain which is more believable.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
No clue where that reporter got 151hp..

This is wht Bisi posted on FB:
Name:  Screenshot_2014-11-07-14-17-48_zps2g6aczvh.png
Views: 995
Size:  470.9 KB

Edit:
They shared the full dyno sheet!!!
Name:  IMG_645565338864723_zpsbtnqdwnp.jpeg
Views: 898
Size:  86.9 KB

Last edited by TPColgett; 11-07-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by TPColgett
No clue where that reporter got 151hp..

This is wht Bisi posted on FB:

Edit:
They shared the full dyno sheet!!!

410 whp is a ton for this engine. I am sure the internals were massivley upgraded to hold it. If you look at that dyno, as with most huge turbos in small motors, you don't get a lot fo power until a rapid spike pretty high up there in the RPMs. Doesn't seem like a very useable 410whp. I floor mine and it doesn't ever really get up close to redline at all so I'm not sure I'd ever see that power with the CVT.

Old 11-09-2014, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Ah, finally! Here's the release from Honda with the tech specs provided by each tuner. Honda Vehicles at the 2014 SEMA Show - Honda.com
Looks like that 151hp is a "crank horsepower" figure for Bisi's Spec GK.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:09 PM
Of course it is. Bisimoto wouldnt want people to know he is actually making 125-130whp, as people would think its much slower (even though its over 20+ from GE). the sheep of the fans will think ZOMG 151 HORSEPOWAHRZZZ

Old 11-13-2014, 09:42 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
What disappoints me is the lack of R&D into trying to tune the direct injection. Notice how everyone running a turbo is utilizing the multiport injection. I would have thought AEM would have supported direct injection. Makes me curious how they will handle the new civic type r for tuning.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:23 AM
Talking

Greetings all,
SEMA was crazy (with six car builds from yours truly), and a lot of work, and now it is over, the dust has begun to settle. In my absence, it looks like a lot of excitement and speculation have occured, and in normal fashion with extraordinary results, rumors and "not so positive" comments.

To the non-GK enthusiast who derieves pleasure in perpetuating rumors, name calling and hate: best to you. The internet is full of people like you. Haters just push me forward, and allow me to work even harder. Everything you wrote was, and is rubbish.

Now back to topic:

The GK engine was tuned from factory with relatively rich fuel mixtures, especially for a direct injected setup. I am a huge advocate of honesty with technology, and continue to provide dyno charts and data.

Originally Posted by brucelidat
There's no way we're getting 35-40 whp from bolt-ons on a 1.5 liter engine. They didn't specify whp, so their 151 number might be crank which would give us 127 whp which is about 10whp gain which is more believable.
Yes, the Bisimoto spec Fit makes power in the 130whp range. OE manufacturers (who I work and desing parts for) do not publish data in whp figures.

Originally Posted by brucelidat
410 whp is a ton for this engine. I am sure the internals were massivley upgraded to hold it. If you look at that dyno, as with most huge turbos in small motors, you don't get a lot fo power until a rapid spike pretty high up there in the RPMs. Doesn't seem like a very useable 410whp. I floor mine and it doesn't ever really get up close to redline at all so I'm not sure I'd ever see that power with the CVT.
To the contrary: this fit is soooo much fun. I will post up vids of drivability and high speeds as soon as it comes back from tour. In additon, the AEM Infinity technology allws me to set up boost per gear, and limits power based upon gear selection.

Of course it is. Bisimoto wouldnt want people to know he is actually making 125-130whp, as people would think its much slower (even though its over 20+ from GE). the sheep of the fans will think ZOMG 151 HORSEPOWAHRZZZ
Once again, I live and work in a world of OE manufacturers and mainstream media. Unlike racing enthusiasts, they ten to use figures based upon crank HP. At sema, my vehicles alwas have dyno sheets in the window, and my wheel stands show both wheel and crank numbers, dependent on drivetrain loss.

Originally Posted by kylerwho
What disappoints me is the lack of R&D into trying to tune the direct injection. Notice how everyone running a turbo is utilizing the multiport injection. I would have thought AEM would have supported direct injection. Makes me curious how they will handle the new civic type r for tuning.
This is the value i bring to many OEMs, enthusiasts and manufacturers: the ability to figure out and create reliable power products. AEM uses my data to create engine management protocol for new vehicles, and it takes months to reverse engineer DI parameters. With only 7 weeks to build a car, and lack of DI injectors to support high hp capability, it is just simply impossible.

Within the next few days, I wil showcase the painstaking process it took to build the two fits, and the attention to detail, fabrication and testing that occurred at my facility. I am also open to field any questions, from serious GK enthusiasts. Thanks.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:19 PM
That's pretty amazing to see Bisi. I guess I have a question:

Based on the Fit engine internals, what do you think they can actually handle "reliably" stock. Are they pretty solid? or do they seem pretty durable based on your testing.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Mercfh
That's pretty amazing to see Bisi. I guess I have a question:

Based on the Fit engine internals, what do you think they can actually handle "reliably" stock. Are they pretty solid? or do they seem pretty durable based on your testing.
The earthdreams concept from Honda is wonderful: excellent emissions, light weight components, and good fuel economy.

For us power fiends, the lightweight components are not ideal. I perform failure analysis on factory components, and my stress data shows that with the average tuner, no more than 40 to manybe 50whp per cylinder is ideal, with the weak points being the rod bolts and then the upper beam section.

Name:  20141007_154456_zpsozmp2ioh.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  40.0 KB

The photo above shows the Bisimoto spec rods used in my SEMA build, vs. the factory connecting rod.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
Bisi

I know you are a busy man and have read about some of your other creations at Sema!

I'm only interested in one item. That cat delete pipe! I have a J's Racing cat delete pipe on order from Japan. HOWEVER, I'm willing to have a 2nd one as well (I'm a dyno junkie but only tests my mods on the strip nowadays).

So..my questions!

1) What is the status of the custom test pipe? Feel free to PM. If you plan on rolling these out to the GK community as a whole, that's cool too. If it's a one off and you are done with it, I want dibs on it. As long as pricing is reasonable (Not $800+).

2) What other N/A mods do you have (or are bringing out) that may enable us to achieve more horsepower naturally aspirated? Thanks for any feedback!

Old 11-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Bisimoto
The earthdreams concept from Honda is wonderful: excellent emissions, light weight components, and good fuel economy.

For us power fiends, the lightweight components are not ideal. I perform failure analysis on factory components, and my stress data shows that with the average tuner, no more than 40 to manybe 50whp per cylinder is ideal, with the weak points being the rod bolts and then the upper beam section.

The photo above shows the Bisimoto spec rods used in my SEMA build, vs. the factory connecting rod.
When you say no more than 40-50 per cylinder, do you mean the engine as a whole probably won't be very reliable with just 50Hp more than stock? (sorry im kinda ignorant at this stuff).

Old 11-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Talking

When you say no more than 40-50 per cylinder, do you mean the engine as a whole probably won't be very reliable with just 50Hp more than stock? (sorry im kinda ignorant at this stuff).
No worries. That translates to 180-200whp, without much margin for tuning error: no crazy detonation, over revving, or lean mixtures.

This is another photo that may shed some more light on how puny the factory rods are:

Name:  20141007_154521_zpsotnuwz2n.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  40.3 KB

Factory on top of Bisimoto!

Old 11-26-2014, 05:29 PM
No worries. That translates to 180-200whp, without much margin for tuning error: no crazy detonation, over revving, or lean mixtures.

This is another photo that may shed some more light on how puny the factory rods are:

Factory on top of Bisimoto!
Damn those are small, so but it seems with some light horsepower modifications (50+) or so these should suffice?

Do you think (in your professional opinion) they are strong enough for a slightly above stock HP engine?

Also on your exhaust your selling, why does it have 2 pipes going out? (one is curved one isn't)

(Sorry for all the questions)

Side question: How difficult did you find modifying the 2015 (removing components of the engine/around the engine etc..)

Last edited by Mercfh; 11-26-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:26 PM
Talking

Damn those are small, so but it seems with some light horsepower modifications (50+) or so these should suffice?

Do you think (in your professional opinion) they are strong enough for a slightly above stock HP engine?

Also on your exhaust your selling, why does it have 2 pipes going out? (one is curved one isn't)

(Sorry for all the questions)

Side question: How difficult did you find modifying the 2015 (removing components of the engine/around the engine etc..)
Yes, and yes.

The second (smaller) pipe is a tuned length pulse reflector. It reflects pressure waves to enhance wave propagation at certain RPMs, while also acting as a sound wave cancellation device. It took hundreds of hours to perfect the length and diameter to get the deep sound, while enhancing power. I REALLY love the new Fit. I hope that helps.

In regard to the engine, I am so used to modifying new cars. It is very easy removing components.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:22 PM
hey Bisi, you say you got those numbers since the car runs so rich from the factory. Well, the GE chassis runs 11:1 AFR factory. Pretty rich when I tuned my NA setups in the past for 12.5-13.4 AFR depending on expected duty and abuse.

You wont find that 30+ whp bonus without tuning. This isnt a K series where a good header and exhaust makes the car lean way out since it was suffocating so bad.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:38 PM
Yes, and yes.

The second (smaller) pipe is a tuned length pulse reflector. It reflects pressure waves to enhance wave propagation at certain RPMs, while also acting as a sound wave cancellation device. It took hundreds of hours to perfect the length and diameter to get the deep sound, while enhancing power. I REALLY love the new Fit. I hope that helps.

In regard to the engine, I am so used to modifying new cars. It is very easy removing components.
Awesome, and awesome. Thanks for answering all my questions. I'll probably be ordering your exhaust (did you need to do any cutting of the rear bumper, since the fit exhaust seems to hang up pretty high)

Old 11-26-2014, 11:20 PM
Talking

Awesome, and awesome. Thanks for answering all my questions. I'll probably be ordering your exhaust (did you need to do any cutting of the rear bumper, since the fit exhaust seems to hang up pretty high)
No need to cut or modify anything, with the pulse chamber. It is much lighter than the factory muffler (bonus), and comes complete with all hardware and bolts. Thanks.

hey Bisi, you say you got those numbers since the car runs so rich from the factory. Well, the GE chassis runs 11:1 AFR factory. Pretty rich when I tuned my NA setups in the past for 12.5-13.4 AFR depending on expected duty and abuse.

You wont find that 30+ whp bonus without tuning. This isnt a K series where a good header and exhaust makes the car lean way out since it was suffocating so bad.
I will provide more clarity, somewhat redundant:

I am a bit confused to your 30whp comment. The factory fit makes 130hp (113whp) to the crank, and I was able to extract 151hp (129whp) with modifications, which did not involve manipulation of the factory ECM. Exhaust mods, indexing of spark plugs, and advanced synthetic lubricants (yes, oil is performance adder) where my changes to the spec Bisimoto Fit.

In addition, it is apples to oranges to compare multi point (port) fuel injection to direct cylinder injection as the requirements for fuel (power and safe lean economy) change dramatically. With DFI, you could run as lean as 14.0:1 in boosted applications, and as lean as 17:1 in cruising for optimal economy...safely, I may add. The "plume" formation in the combustion chamber, aided by the unique DI friendly piston top shape, also lends to this phenomenon.
With that in mind, this is what a factory GK fit depicts:

Name:  BisimotoFitAFRAug14_zpskdu22xot.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  63.8 KB

You could even clearly see the torque depressions in the lower RPM ranges due to relatively "richer" mixtures, and the VTEC crossover up top. The iVTEC also has some pronouced effects.
I hope that helps, and clears up any misconceptions.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
How does the pulse chamber exhaust note sound compared to stock? You mentioned the chamber mitigates raspiness at certain RPMs, but is the overall tone a bit louder? A lot louder?

I've been patiently waiting on an aftermarket exhaust option with a little more "tone" than stock and preferably with dual tips like a Monza style muffler. The extra HP with your exhaust is definitely a plus.

When I was test-driving cars before choosing the Fit to purchase, I really liked the sound of the Scion tC exhaust. It had a nice growl that wasn't intrusive at highways speeds (unlike the glasspack I had on my '90 Civic years ago, which sounded like an Indy car at speed!).

es

Quick Reply: Bisimoto quest for the world's first boosted GK