3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Bisimoto quest for the world's first boosted GK

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 08:17 PM
113 whp out of an engine rated 117 seems like ridiculously low drivetrain loss. How do dynapacks usually measure compared to dynojets? Is that completely stock or with a tune?

Old 09-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by brucelidat
113 whp out of an engine rated 117 seems like ridiculously low drivetrain loss. How do dynapacks usually measure compared to dynojets? Is that completely stock or with a tune?

Bruce, the 2015 engine is rated at 130hp, from factory. With at a 17~18% drivetrain loss, the yield is proper.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
Ok put me on the list. I want one.
I should have my jigs ready by SEMA. I will keep you posted. Thanks.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Wait, I am getting my numbers mixed up, it was the last gen that has 117 then right? NM me.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome, Bisi!

This will be interesting coming from a known name in all-motor sohc builds.

Just a bit off the topic, any plans of broadening the aftermarket support for the previous generations (GD/GE)?

Old 09-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Bisimoto

Old 09-12-2014, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre
Welcome, Bisi!

Just a bit off the topic, any plans of broadening the aftermarket support for the previous generations (GD/GE)?
we can wish!

Old 09-12-2014, 11:14 PM
I hope all welding is done at a better QC then V1 headers of old.

I look forward to getting the much needed support of the L series motor family.

At first glance, does the GE and GK share exhaust dimensions? MASSIVE improvement on my GE when cats were deleted and a crappy header/torque tube from WeaponR was installed.

What I mean is are you going to be offering a readily available header/torque tube if the GK and GE turn out to share those pieces? Id love a piece that doesnt have lazy welds clogging up the flow like the WeaponR piece

Old 09-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by brucelidat
Wait, I am getting my numbers mixed up, it was the last gen that has 117 then right? NM me.

No worries.

Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre
Welcome, Bisi!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have camshafts, valvetrain, rods, headgaskets, pistons, sleeving services, and intake manifolds for the GD/GE, but mostly sell in Japan, Indonesia and Thailand...not too many in the states. I will expand, if the demand in the US dictates it.

13Fit, the V1 units were launched in the early 2000s. Since then, I have invested tens of thousands of dollars in fabrication equipment, machines, materials and talent to make sure that all items made in house are absolutely superb, and fall within my Bisimoto motto of " reliable power, guaranteed".

Older fit chassis parts development will depend on demand of serious nature.

Feel free, all, to stop on by from now to 3pm, Pacific, for my ongoing "end of summer" meet, and GK5 build preview.

Name:  PhotoGrid_1410626274841_zpsqcqpin9e.jpg
Views: 1213
Size:  128.2 KB

Old 09-13-2014, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
Again, I'm interested in any and all power mods. Well a little more than just interested.

Thanks again for your input.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the forum Bisimoto!

I'm eagerly awaiting what you have in store here for your GK5 build as well as the seeing what new products you have in store for the Fit community.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
That is a factory based team, with possible ECU access...not a privateer. Obviously a team much bolder than me, as at a boosted 189whp, I would be terrified, based upon my failure analysis, of the factory L15B1 rods. The stock rods yield at very low cylinder pressure values in comparison to the rods of the past. With the new earth dreams criteria, it makes sense. Mass/weight is the enemy.

Right here:

At 113whp, and approximately 100ft/lbs of torque, it is an impressive 1500cc powerplant.
I'm wondering what the hp dips are attributed too. Especially the one at around 5800rpm. Vtech crossover point not so smooth? I don't know Hondas well.

It is also interesting to see that the hp is not falling off steeply even at 6600rpm. Moving the rev limit up an extra 500rpm may not be such a bad idea afterall, provided the internals could handle it.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
man after seeing that stock baseline pull I'm a slightly

Mine with all my work (albeit smoother) really is about the same

Old 09-16-2014, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TPColgett
man after seeing that stock baseline pull I'm a slightly
Your torque curve is very nice though. Also, you look like you take advantage of all the horsepower you have. The hp peak in the GK is way up there. With all the racing I've been doing, my CVT doesn't take advantage of this peak since it hits around 6500 or so, then tapers off back down to 6100rpm before settling in.

It's just a graph though. I'm a dyno junkie. Different dynos, different cars, different days, perform differently. Needless to say, the base numbers look nice. Lots of room for improvement though, getting rid of those torque dips. Let's see how these things perform in the real world and what can be done to fix this.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 09-24-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:23 PM
I congratulated you the other day on your Top Gear USA video. Excited what you come up with on the gK!

Old 09-29-2014, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
*Bump*

November is a little more than one month away. Wanting some parts NOW so I can test at the dragstrip while bracket racing. Sigh….dying here.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
^Winter is parts hoarding months, man! All those boxes sitting in your kitchen, waiting to be opened and parts installed. Then spring is like Christmas, but without the ugly sweaters and your weird uncle Dave.

Old 10-12-2014, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
The earthdreams L15B has an integrated exhaust manifold, ideal for improved emissions. A prototype extractor was designed, and this is the first stages of the unit.

A custom waterjet exhaust flange was mated to the ideal piping of varying cross sectional area, with a flex pipe stratigically placed to prevent fracturing due to engine movement. This extractor eliminates both primary and secondary catalytic converters. Spy shots, for now...

I am soooo ready for this part. I need it! Dude....sell some of these on the blackmarket or something. Let's get some back-alley deals going on. I'm twiddling my fingers at what to do with the cats that are installed.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
So how are you guys doing? You should be coming to the end of your build and wrapping things up. Perhaps you are dyno'ing right now this Saturday to get your tuning all sorted out.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
Bisimoto Exhaust Upgrade

Atypically mild for Bisimoto Engineering, this 2015 Honda Fit Spec Car features modest upgrades over the stock Fit. Power is now stated at 151 horsepower thanks largely to a Bisimoto custom exhaust.
NEED more info! Want to see the finished product.

Quick Reply: Bisimoto quest for the world's first boosted GK