3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Door unlock settings

Old 09-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Door unlock settings

I have an EX with Nav. The door unlock settings (default I guess) are such that when I open the driver door by grabbing the handle, the rear door on the driver side is still locked. I have to push the door unlock on the driver arm rest to unlock the rear door. I would like to change the settings so that when I grab the handle on the driver door to open it, ALL the other doors will automaticaly unlock. I looked at the manual and it is not obvious to me that the settings can be changed to accomplish this.

Has anyone tried to do this?

Thanks!

Old 09-17-2014, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
I have tried and can't figure it out, either.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Page 103-106 in the Owner's Manual.

es

Old 09-17-2014, 11:59 AM
I just want the drivers side back door to unlock when I use my keyless entry... That way I can put my bags in the back seat without having to push the button on the door...

Old 09-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by BrassInTheGrass
I just want the drivers side back door to unlock when I use my keyless entry... That way I can put my bags in the back seat without having to push the button on the door...
push the unlock button on the keyless remote twice. once for just the drivers door, and the second time unlocks the rest of the doors and the back hatch.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
Until folks publish the low-level bits that can be edited with a high-end scan tool*, I think you're limited to the three modes listed in the manual.

es

*which presumes your desired behavior is even an option; may void warranty, etc.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by daveds50
push the unlock button on the keyless remote twice. once for just the drivers door, and the second time unlocks the rest of the doors and the back hatch.
The point is we don't want to have to use the keyless remote.

At this point I just go to the rear and put the laptop in the back, and then get into the drivers side. Not a huge deal but it would be cool if you could unlock that rear driver door at the same time.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by oman
The point is we don't want to have to use the keyless remote.

At this point I just go to the rear and put the laptop in the back, and then get into the drivers side. Not a huge deal but it would be cool if you could unlock that rear driver door at the same time.
well, i was responding to the person that asked, that was using the remote.

but i am not sure what you are trying to do. when i walk up to my car and it is locked up, i just push the remote unlock button twice and all the doors are unlocked immediately. i can go to any of the doors first, and they are already unlocked.

am i understanding correctly that you do not use the remote at all to unlock the car, and are using the key slot to do it ? give me a scenario of exactly what you are trying to make it do...

Old 09-17-2014, 12:59 PM
I've taken to just unlocking by touching the passenger side handle first, especially since that's the side of the car I'm usually approaching from anyway. Then, whatever door I want to access is open without my needing to fish around in my bag for the keys.

I also changed my unlocking settings so that when I shift the car into 'park', everything unlocks. My '10 Fit had that as the default setting, and I was so accustomed to it that when the '15 didn't do it right away, I was sorely disappointed.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:10 PM
ahhh... never mind. you are talking about the smart entry. something i did not want as i have a very advanced security/control system that i'll soon put in the car.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:22 PM
All US cars are that way now. It is a safety feature which keeps someone getting in the car and hurting you when you open your side. That's a simplistic explanation, but I'm on a tablet with a software keyboard.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:06 PM
My first disappointment with the StartStop button was that when I pressed it after putting the car on park to shut off the engine, my radio would turn off. My second disappointment is the car interior lights would turn on when I turned off the engine.

In my previous cars, turning off the engine with the key at least left it on Acc so the radio still stayed on when I wanted to lounge around before my shift. Also, the interior lights turned on when I opened the door to get out, not when I turned off the car.

It would be nice if there's a way to drop the car to ACC after turning off the engine with the StartStop, and it would be nice if the lights didn't turn on automatically as soon as the engine turned off - setting the dome light to OFF is not a fix.

That driver side rear door needs an auto-open too just like everyone else here wants. Though, I'm fine with the doors staying locked when I put the car on park since I don't want any weirdos in LA opening my doors as soon as I park.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by noripwr
My first disappointment with the StartStop button was that when I pressed it after putting the car on park to shut off the engine, my radio would turn off… In my previous cars, turning off the engine with the key at least left it on Acc so the radio still stayed on when I wanted to lounge around before my shift.
This.

es

Old 09-17-2014, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
In the olden days we did not have door locks. Heck never locked the house door either.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
In the olden days we did not have door locks. Heck never locked the house door either.
"And we liked it!"

es

Old 09-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by acter
All US cars are that way now. It is a safety feature which keeps someone getting in the car and hurting you when you open your side. That's a simplistic explanation, but I'm on a tablet with a software keyboard.
So, in conclusion, when entering the car, I take it I cannot reset the system to unlock the rear driver side door by grabbing the handle (smart entry system) on the driver's door. I would have to use the remote and press the unlock button twice.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by noripwr
My first disappointment with the StartStop button was that when I pressed it after putting the car on park to shut off the engine, my radio would turn off. My second disappointment is the car interior lights would turn on when I turned off the engine.

In my previous cars, turning off the engine with the key at least left it on Acc so the radio still stayed on when I wanted to lounge around before my shift. Also, the interior lights turned on when I opened the door to get out, not when I turned off the car.

It would be nice if there's a way to drop the car to ACC after turning off the engine with the StartStop, and it would be nice if the lights didn't turn on automatically as soon as the engine turned off - setting the dome light to OFF is not a fix.

That driver side rear door needs an auto-open too just like everyone else here wants. Though, I'm fine with the doors staying locked when I put the car on park since I don't want any weirdos in LA opening my doors as soon as I park.

If you put the gear in any place besides park and turn off the engine the radio will still be on. I normally pull the ebrake and put it in neutral and hit the button stop engine button. its like setting it to ACC mode.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by acter
Actually the current gen Accords with smart entry let you set this via software... Grabbing the drivers door handle can unlock either the drivers door or all doors. Shame we don't get the same options under "settings" that the Accord gets... I know this is an economy car, but you would think the software front end shouldn't be that tough to add...

Old 09-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by payluder
If you put the gear in any place besides park and turn off the engine the radio will still be on. I normally pull the ebrake and put it in neutral and hit the button stop engine button. its like setting it to ACC mode.
Yea I know that's a way to circumvent the annoyance but it shouldn't be a fix. It should be the default setup.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:35 AM
The dealership tried but was not able to program smart entry to open all doors from the driver side. The technician who tried seemed pretty smart, so I am not optimistic this will be possible.

Stupid design to have only one door that cannot be unlocked with smart entry. The rear passenger door is still smart because you can reach forward and touch the front passenger door handle.

I don't think this is a safety feature, because an evil-doer could still jump in the passenger door as long as you are in range of the driver or rear door. Unless I am remembering that incorrectly.