3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What brand and grade of gas are you using? 87 or higher?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
I am using sunoco 90 ethanol free, I love it.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
Oh I use the denso colder plug also and love that to!

Old 02-03-2015, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
premium 98

mine is only 4 weeks old and i'm using 98 octane
my previous car was the 2006 model vti-s manual and discovered the 98 gave best perf and mileage.
I found premium shell worked ok but mileage was really terrible so I never use it unless I have no choice.
I also learnt inthe old Jazz not to fill it to the brim, for unknown reason that seemed to make a difference.

pppe
(Australia)

Old 02-04-2015, 02:41 AM
On the 2015 Fit, I use 87 grade at Coscto gas station and only cost me $18 to fill up the entire tank this past weekend!

Old 02-04-2015, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by SparknDutch
On the 2015 Fit, I use 87 grade at Coscto gas station and only cost me $18 to fill up the entire tank this past weekend!
Yeah that's crazy that we can fill our tanks for under $20 now. It wasn't too long ago that it was costing me over $80 to fill up my van.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:18 AM
Originally Posted by GoBucky
Yeah that's crazy that we can fill our tanks for under $20 now. It wasn't too long ago that it was costing me over $80 to fill up my van.
GoBucky,

Yeah I do recall it cost me around $80 also to fill up my Lexus LS460 being a huge V8 engine and tank... Filled that thing up with only $41 today. Was so excited! Haha.

I would suggest anyone who lives near a Costco with their own gas station to highly sign up for their cheap gas prices. Glad I live only 2 miles away from it.

Old 02-06-2015, 06:49 AM
I would suggest anyone who lives near a Costco with their own gas station to highly sign up for their cheap gas prices. Glad I live only 2 miles away from it.
Unfortunately there is no Costco near here. I have heard some talk that they may be building one in the near future though. ****fingers crossed****

Old 02-06-2015, 10:16 AM
5 Year Member
Wawa Gas, 92 Octane

Old 02-06-2015, 10:47 AM
I would suggest anyone who lives near a Costco with their own gas station to highly sign up for their cheap gas prices.
While I do appreciate Costco's efforts in keeping the price down, the 5 cents per gallon price difference did not come close to making up for the membership fee. The lines for the pumps can also get pretty long there and they seem to design their stations more to accommodate the lines than to provide sufficient pumps.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:30 PM
What about top tier gas from Costco, yes or no ? Is it listed ? Or those high octane none ethanol free gas ? I would be concerned if not

Old 02-06-2015, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
While I do appreciate Costco's efforts in keeping the price down, the 5 cents per gallon price difference did not come close to making up for the membership fee. The lines for the pumps can also get pretty long there and they seem to design their stations more to accommodate the lines than to provide sufficient pumps.
Haha, yeah the Pros/Cons of it! I happen to shop at Costco on a weekly basis, and my gym in next to Costco, so makes sense for me. The lines do get crazy in the late afternoons and weekends. Due to recent lower costs on gas, lines have been moving along much quicker lol.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by SR45
What about top tier gas from Costco, yes or no ? Is it listed ? Or those high octane none ethanol free gas ? I would be concerned if not
Yes, they do have 91 grade gas at Costco. Which I found it odd when I shopped there years ago is that Costco only has 87 & 91 grade. No middle grade, oh well!

In regards to the second part, I would have to look that up in order to give you any sort of answer, sorry.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:28 AM
5 Year Member
"Top Tier" guarantees you a minimum of 8% ethanol. So when ever I see some "top tier" brand I stay away from it. Now if you are in an EPA non-attainment area or the Peoples Republic of California where everything is required to have craponol, then Costco becomes a viable retailer. Please keep buying that "top tier"stuff or better yet E85 so all of the ethanol get used up and the rest of us can keep getting 100% real gasoline.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
87, top tier, per the manual.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
My Bumblebee loves Costco's gasoline.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Haha, yeah the Pros/Cons of it! I happen to shop at Costco on a weekly basis, and my gym in next to Costco, so makes sense for me. The lines do get crazy in the late afternoons and weekends. Due to recent lower costs on gas, lines have been moving along much quicker lol.
Yes, I pass by that station quite often. I had a Sam's Club membership with a similar gas station but that became frustrating as the station would be closed even though it could operate unattended. It was as if they didn't want to sell gas!

Now I just buy gas in the Valley at Food 4 Less. $100 in food purchases at Ralphs or Food 4 Less gives me a 10 cent discount at their station which puts it at the same level as Costco.

Yes, it's kind of silly to be chasing discounts when I'm only buying a few gallons, but if everyone did that prices would be lower! Unfortunately, too many people still believe the BS about Brand X gas somehow being better than Brand Y.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
We buy fuel at the Kroger's grocery superstore. 10¢ per gallon off on one fill-up for every $100 purchased (max $1.00 off per fill-up, 35 gallons max on a discounted fill-up--perfect for our truck). Gift cards are 2x and occasionally 4x fuel points, so we shop a lot with Amazon gift cards and eat at restaurants using gift cards. We stock up when they're 4x. Bottom line is we haven't had a fill-up in months that wasn't $1.00 off per gallon. It'll happen sooner or later because the truck always has priority for using the fuel points. Although the Fit gets twice the mileage, it still has to be filled up twice as often.

Last edited by Fitmo; 02-09-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:07 PM

Filling up the Fit for the first time. Sip sip

Old 02-23-2015, 06:46 AM
5 Year Member
Mobil is on the top tier list? My Subura will always always have a check engine light after 3/4 tank of that stuff. I avoid it like the plague and will do the same on my next car.

That list is really a shame... I would have to almost 10 miles out of my way to visit any station on that list. Well...there is a one BP station on my daily commute that would only be a little out of the way but the town it is in is always $.10+ more than in nearby towns (the majoy even publicly once ask why anyone would buy gas in his town).

And while we're on the issue of cost.... with a few exceptions any top tier station on that list is definetly $.10+ above the likes of Speedway in my area. You're probably thinking...this guy must live in the middle of nowhere? Nope...Chicagoland. In fact that top tier list has very very few that are in the chicago area. There is one franchise of Shell (circle K I think) that doesn't try to gouge customers but I would have to go almost 10 miles out my way to fill up there.

Truly a shame.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:07 PM
Gk premium fuel ???

Any of you guys n gals running premium fuel?
I think it is rated for 87 octane. This is the first vehicle I've used only regular fuel in.

Quick Reply: What brand and grade of gas are you using? 87 or higher?