3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Canadian version better than American !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 10:56 PM
Question Canadian version better than American !!!

Model EX-L Navi 6 MT Blue

Version EX-L Navi
Heated mirrors and automatic climate control system with air filtration !!!
Should not have recalls for Canada.
The bland cup of Japan with an eye on the Mexican.
Honda Canada a bit more.

thank you MysTiC27

Vite Vit Ma FIT

Old 10-28-2014, 06:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MysTiC27
Model EX-L Navi 6 MT

now wtf would Honda give the smaller market different options? it perplexes me... i would have bought that car if given the option.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:05 AM
5 Year Member
Canadians… so polite and optimistic…

Make them pay extra for the CVT on the EX-L and EX-L Navi and they think it's better.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Well, it seems not only in Canada they get climate control.

Model caming to Uruguay (south america) from the Mexico plant have climate control on the EX with CVT. What we don't get is (unlikely) VSA... this is non sense, comfort over security

Last edited by gpennino; 10-28-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Fitmo
Canadians… so polite and optimistic…

Make them pay extra for the CVT on the EX-L and EX-L Navi and they think it's better.
Well, they are Canucks. Easily mislead

Old 10-28-2014, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
Too funny !!!

Originally Posted by Stingray
Well, they are Canucks. Easily mislead
Easily mislead sure !!! wasn't it the US who voted in George Bush TWICE !!!!!

Having said that, we get what we get and we can choose a manual transmission including an EX-L so I am happy.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
i'm so jealous. 'grats Canadians

Old 10-28-2014, 02:00 PM
m_x
MT EX-L would have been my ideal Fit... I WANT THOSE HEATED MIRRORS AND SEATS MAN!!!

Old 10-28-2014, 03:31 PM
Thank

Model EX-L Navi 6MT Blue

You know this is the control that he has Honda.

I really like your single color in America Purple.
I really like.

Thank you for your comments.

Vite Vit Ma FIT

Old 10-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by trashercan
No, we actually only voted for him that one time. The other time the other people we voted for voted for him and that's what gets you.

#merica

Old 10-28-2014, 05:28 PM
Nice that the L model gets a 6MT option.

Automatic climate control is nice until it fails. Then it is a nightmare. Kettering's law. I don't find manual controls all that difficult to use.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by m_x
MT EX-L would have been my ideal Fit... I WANT THOSE HEATED MIRRORS AND SEATS MAN!!!
... says the guy that lives in Florida...

Old 10-29-2014, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeorgeL

Automatic climate control is nice until it fails. Then it is a nightmare. Kettering's law. I don't find manual controls all that difficult to use.
To each his own but I find that certain technologies are worth the risk that it will break. It's like power windows vs roller windows; sure power windows could fail and be an expensive repair but would you really rather have the old roll up kind just for the sake of reliability?

I'd take climate control in a heartbeat and if it wasn't crazy difficult, I'd mod my GD to have it. Just set it and forget it! I have a remote starter for winter and I'd be happy if when I started my car it was getting up to the perfect temp. Right now I just have to put the heat on and hope its good when I get in. It can get too hot real quickly, especially when wearing a big winter jacket.

Old 10-29-2014, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeorgeL

Had the automatic climate control in my 2012 Civic Hybrid with Navi before I traded it in for 2015 Fit EX-L with Navi and I hated it. I like manual controls that doesn't have a mind of it's own. The temps never seems to be right in full automatic so I rather just leave it in manual. Less hassle that way.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by m_x
i stil can't believe the ex does not have heated mirrors. my 2012 kia rio BASE model with rollup windows and a retail 5k less then the fit had heated mirrors...

it's ok, they made up for it by giving us an HDMI port...

Old 10-29-2014, 09:46 AM
m_x
Originally Posted by MTLian
... says the guy that lives in Florida...
LOL. Everybody says that, but I will definitely be relocating to a much colder climate while I own this thing. That's part of the reason I got the Fit, so I could pack up all my stuff and get decent gas mileage for a move. Growing up in Florida gives a warped sense of hot/cold. I'm used to being right on the verge of too hot, so if it's <70 degrees, I'm cold (want heated seats)

Plus the air here is like 90% water. In the morning when it's even sort of cool out, the car has so much condensation that you would think it rained. I have to remember to wipe of the side views otherwise they are useless, and I forget to do it a lot. And if it was ice, I imagine it would be a big PITA. (want heated mirrors)

Old 10-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by trashercan

Having said that, we get what we get and we can choose a manual transmission including an EX-L so I am happy.
Bush was better than gore, and Obama...a mistake for the world. Since I would not buy an EX, makes no difference to me. I got an LX with manual.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by m_x
LOL. Everybody says that, but I will definitely be relocating to a much colder climate while I own this thing. That's part of the reason I got the Fit, so I could pack up all my stuff and get decent gas mileage for a move. Growing up in Florida gives a warped sense of hot/cold. I'm used to being right on the verge of too hot, so if it's <70 degrees, I'm cold (want heated seats)

Plus the air here is like 90% water. In the morning when it's even sort of cool out, the car has so much condensation that you would think it rained. I have to remember to wipe of the side views otherwise they are useless, and I forget to do it a lot. And if it was ice, I imagine it would be a big PITA. (want heated mirrors)
Why would anyone live in a place cold enough to need heated mirrors...or seats?

Old 10-29-2014, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Stingray
Bush was better than gore, and Obama...a mistake for the world. Since I would not buy an EX, makes no difference to me. I got an LX with manual.
You're wrong in so many ways.

Even if Obama is/was wrong for the US (what president hasn't been in the eyes of someone?), Bush actually was wrong for the WORLD.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
You're wrong in so many ways.

Even if Obama is/was wrong for the US (what president hasn't been in the eyes of someone?), Bush actually was wrong for the WORLD.
A President is not there for "The World". He is there for the US. Peace the old fashioned way...A B-52...works great

Quick Reply: Canadian version better than American !!!