3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Ordered my 2015 Fit! But I have some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 10:08 PM
Ordered my 2015 Fit! But I have some questions...

Hi Guys,

I've just traded in my 2012 Civic and ordered a 2015 Fit EX MT, in Milano Red, and I'm super excited!

It was a pretty spontaneous decision, but I drove the car and I loved it - it's a much nicer car to drive than my civic, and the driving position is much better for me as a taller guy.

That said, I have some questions which hopefully you guys can shed some light on:

1) What tires does the EX come with? I've read that it could be Firestones, or Bridgestone Topenza's. I'm in Canada so I don't know how much of a difference that makes. I also ordered some Michelin X-ice xi3's at the same time, and got what seems to be a great deal for for wheels on Rims(at least in Canada...)for $800

2) I asked the dealer to tint the windows, and was able to negotiate a bit of a discount on it - but it's still $100 more than a local tint shop I've used before and been very impressed with. My dealer tells me that they will send the car and have the windows sprayed, rather than using a film. He insisted the spray was better, but a quick google search turned up the opposite. Does anyone have any experience with this?

3) They through in an extended warranty for 6 years at no cost - it seemed to be a promotion that Honda Canada was running so that's a neat bonus. Would this be voided if I was to get the car undercoated by Krown instead of paying Honda $900 for their one time application undercoating? The dealer didn't give me a straight answer on this one.

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to picking up the car, but it looks like it could be anywhere from one week to six weeks!

Old 10-30-2014, 12:12 AM
If I were you I would go with the tint place you trust. Spray-on tint seems to have a bad reputation in the tint industry:

Spray On Window Tint? - General Discussion - TintDude Forum

Do you have an actual VIN for the car you bought? If you don't the dealer is probably just hoping to string you along until they are allocated the car you want.

Last edited by GeorgeL; 10-30-2014 at 12:14 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Waterloo. Did you buy at Waterloo or Kitchener Honda?

I would get U/C by Krown. Will not affect your wty.

I had my tint done at Image1 311-55 Shoemaker St, Kitchener, ON N2E 3B4

Excellent job.

I made mistake of buying wheels from Honda. Check Kijji for used ones and some with tires. Could save 3-400.

Hey want to meet up send me PM.

Bill

Old 10-30-2014, 07:00 AM
5 Year Member
The Firestone FR740 you'll get with the EX are made in one of the Bridgestone plants in Mexico and as far as I can tell are identical to the Bridgestone Touranza.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
I think the tires will be whatever is available during that run of production. I just picked up my car last Friday and it had Firestone. There were couple of cars that have been at the dealership for 3 or more weeks (earlier production) that had the Bridgestones.
Even with the VIN, it could still take a while. I did my contract on Oct 4 and was provided a VIN with delivery date NLT Oct 8. The car finally arrived on Oct 29.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Did I make a mistake?

I've ordered my new 2015 Fit - traded my 2013 Fit for a 2015 mainly for safety and better mileage reasons. I drive a lot - in the year and a half I've had the 2013, I've put almost 35,000 km on. I live in an area that requires long drives to everywhere.

I ordered a plain old dx 2015 because I'm cheap and older and remember my dad saying 'keep the car as simple as possible. Less will go wrong!" I keep second guessing myself - should I change it to an lx? It's a cost of $2800.00 difference. I don't need all the tech. stuff - I can use my cell/Ipad for navigation, music etc.

Any thoughts for a cheap Canadian?

I ordered a modern steel metallic dx so the black handles and mirrors would blend in more - looks cool to me.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Think I'm going to cancel

Originally Posted by lausy
I think the tires will be whatever is available during that run of production. I just picked up my car last Friday and it had Firestone. There were couple of cars that have been at the dealership for 3 or more weeks (earlier production) that had the Bridgestones.
Even with the VIN, it could still take a while. I did my contract on Oct 4 and was provided a VIN with delivery date NLT Oct 8. The car finally arrived on Oct 29.
I think I'm going to go and get my deposit back tonight and cancel my order. I just found out that they aren't building any in red until January. I hate being given the run around like this, it's really frustrating...

Old 11-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by mattharford
.........ordered a 2015 Fit EX MT, in Milano Red, and I'm super excited!..........dealer tells me that they will send the car and have the windows sprayed..........

Congrats on the incoming new EX. Tend to agree with others on the tint. Have it done yourself at the tint shop. Since your dealer cost is $100 over, use the extra and have them install ceramic tint film. No fading. Post pics when you take delivery!!!

Originally Posted by waterbug100
- should I change it to an lx? It's a cost of $2800.00 difference. I don't need all the tech.....Any thoughts........?.....
If I read your Canadian specs correctly, you guys get heated seats in the LX model. That addition alone should be worth the added comfort on your long daily drives during the Winter season. In addition, keyless remote entry, 7" screen on the stereo HU, heated side-view mirrors etc..... - IMHO, pay the extra cause its worth it for your envirionment. It will be worth more at resale or trade-in time too.

Cnd$17,295 is roughly US$15,373. That's cheaper than our US LX's at $15,525 plus your version has more goodies. (We don't have a DX version cause for sure Honda USA figures it won't sell in our market). Go for it!!!!!

Don't forget to post pics after delivery!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-03-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
If I read your Canadian specs correctly, you guys get heated seats in the LX model. That addition alone should be worth the added comfort on your long daily drives during the Winter season. In addition, keyless remote entry, 7" screen on the stereo HU, heated side-view mirrors etc..... - IMHO, pay the extra cause its worth it for your envirionment. It will be worth more at resale or trade-in time too.

Cnd$17,295 is roughly US$15,373. That's cheaper than our US LX's at $15,525 plus your version has more goodies. (We don't have a DX version cause for sure Honda USA figures it won't sell in our market). Go for it!!!!!

Don't forget to post pics after delivery!!

I live on the west coast (Vancouver Island), and never get cold winters. We're the California of Canada!! The dx comes with heated side view mirrors as standard, and keyless remote entry.. The only thing I'm not going to like is no AC. I've never had heated seats, so not going to miss them. Yes, the techy stuff, but I've never had those either, so not going to miss that. I just want a basic car that's not going to have obsolete stuff in it the minute I drive off the lot. And $2800 is a nice little holiday somewhere warm! I don't know, will have to think on it a bit more. Thanks for your input..

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-03-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Don't know what the hell happened to double post..sorry.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
Don't know what the hell happened to double post..sorry.
No worries. Cleaned it up. Don't forget to post whatever you decide. No one has posted a pic of a Canadian DX so you'll be the first!!!!! Happy driving!!!

Let me add that the majority of new cars, the moment you sign the deal, turn the key and drive off the lot, they all depreciate. Some exceptions would be Ferrari's, limited production Porsche (e.g. 918's), Bugatti, and very few more!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-03-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Wink

For sure. That is an absolute expectation when you buy new. The good thing about Fits is that they seem to retain their value much better than other small cars. It's hard to find a used Fit in fact. I think they're a good deal all around. Happy to be buying my second one.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
I think I'm going to go and get my deposit back tonight and cancel my order. I just found out that they aren't building any in red until January. I hate being given the run around like this, it's really frustrating...
Have you got a source on this? I've got the same thing on order and they've got an ETA of this month.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
For sure. That is an absolute expectation when you buy new. The good thing about Fits is that they seem to retain their value much better than other small cars. It's hard to find a used Fit in fact. I think they're a good deal all around. Happy to be buying my second one.
Yep, that is true. The dealer showed me the re-sale stats for various Honda models and The Fit have the highest rating. Honda is pushing pretty hard to make this a flagship line within 5 years.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by mightyack
Have you got a source on this? I've got the same thing on order and they've got an ETA of this month.
Really? My dealer(and sales manager both told me there was only one available in Ontario, and that it was too far for them to acquire. I was told that it would be January or later before any red ones arrived. He showed me a sheet of all incoming Fits in Ontario, and there were zero red EX manuals on it.

In the end, I've settled on black - they've been able to track one down and I should get it next week! I'm going to get my tints done elsewhere as per everyone here's recommendation.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
Really? My dealer(and sales manager both told me there was only one available in Ontario, and that it was too far for them to acquire. I was told that it would be January or later before any red ones arrived. He showed me a sheet of all incoming Fits in Ontario, and there were zero red EX manuals on it.

In the end, I've settled on black - they've been able to track one down and I should get it next week! I'm going to get my tints done elsewhere as per everyone here's recommendation.
We will have to meet up for a black and white shoot - lol Did you buy at Kitchener or Waterloo?

Old 11-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
We will have to meet up for a black and white shoot - lol Did you buy at Kitchener or Waterloo?
Sounds good! Love car photography.

And Waterloo Honda. Staff there seem quite helpful compared to past experiences in London...my delivery date is 8th to 14th. So hopefully I get it next week! I'll be going over it with a fine tooth comb before accepting delivery. How has yours been quality wise?

Old 11-07-2014, 05:58 AM
5 Year Member
Sounds good! Love car photography.

And Waterloo Honda. Staff there seem quite helpful compared to past experiences in London...my delivery date is 8th to 14th. So hopefully I get it next week! I'll be going over it with a fine tooth comb before accepting delivery. How has yours been quality wise?
OK I deal with Kitchener Honda. Their Service Techs are great.

Well my 09 is running so well I cannot justify even test driving a new one. I put some Cree bulbs in my backup lights yesterday and wiped down my Clazzio seat covers. Should I decide to get a new one my 09 will go to my daughter to keep it in the family.