3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Question for you '15 owners.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
Question for you '15 owners.

I just finished watching a POV Youtube video and something jumped out at me regarding the "right turn camera".

I know it turns on when you have your right turn signal on but what happens if you're at a red light waiting to turn? Can you not access your audio system or whatever else the touch screen controls if you have your turn signal going?

IMO, having all that stuff turning on and off on the screen would be aggravating and distracting.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hogwylde
I just finished watching a POV Youtube video and something jumped out at me regarding the "right turn camera".

I know it turns on when you have your right turn signal on but what happens if you're at a red light waiting to turn? Can you not access your audio system or whatever else the touch screen controls if you have your turn signal going?

IMO, having all that stuff turning on and off on the screen would be aggravating and distracting.
There is a override button that is part of the turn signal. You can turn it on and off anytime you want to.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member
Answer for Prospective 2015 Owners

Only EX and above have LaneWatch. If you are considering the purchase of a 2015 Fit, I highly recommend downloading and studying the Owner's Manual. LaneWatch operation and the custom settings for it are covered on pages 334 and 335. For example, you can set it not to automatically come on with turn signal and use the switch DArkk mentions to engage it manually.

Last edited by Fitmo; 11-09-2014 at 04:03 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member

Yeah, it annoys my wife especially if the song changes and she can't see what's next. I'll have to turn off the automatic setting.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitmo
Only EX and above have LaneWatch. If you are considering the purchase of a 2015 Fit, I highly recommend downloading and studying the Owner's Manual.
Not a chance in hell that I am considering getting one. My Sport is now paid for with only 35,000 miles. I was just curious.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Not a chance in hell that I am considering getting one. My Sport is now paid for with only 35,000 miles. I was just curious.
One inattentive driver could change all that for you. It's always good to have a pre-researched replacement in mind. Stay curious.

Last edited by Fitmo; 11-09-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:47 PM
I'm going to shoot a short film using my lane watch camera and then submit it to Sundance.

Old 11-09-2014, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit_as_a_butchers_dog
I'm going to shoot a short film using my lane watch camera and then submit it to Sundance.
This might actually not be so bad...you could do something cool with it. I assume you were joking, but still.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Fit_as_a_butchers_dog
Dude you just gave me an idea! I always use it to check out girls when I pass them walking on my right! I'll make a video of that!

Old 11-10-2014, 08:05 PM
For the no LX models, is there any place to connect a 1/8" stereo plug from my Zune? I would hate to have to go back to FM transmitting. Although, all my music is encoded to WMA-Lossless, I wonder if that would be recognized on a flash drive.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
I've been meaning to see if my Griffin iMic USB soundcard plugged into a Fit USB port will play audio from my wife's old Sony Walkman cassette player… if I can find it. She hasn't used it since I bought her the iPod Touch three years ago. All it takes with that is a USB connection to the Fit for audio, charging, and the head unit controlling the iPod music playback..

I doubt the Fit will play WMA-lossless, but you never known until you try. It won't play Apple Lossless (ALAC) even though the file extensions are the same .m4a as AAC files, which it plays no problem. MP3 are also no problem. All my wife's music is in Apple Lossless so I had to make AAC copies for the Fit's flash drive. Lossless would be lost on my ears, LOL.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:01 PM
With all the road noise from driving on the highway - I'm currently driving a 3-speed Corolla and it has a lot of engine noise at 3000-3600 RPM - the finer points of lossless audio is gone. But I hate when I listen to an MP3 and it was encoded poorly and it sounds garbled. I also learned that normalizing tracks loses its fidelity, but I hate getting blasted but a loud track right after a quiet track.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GotFitB13
...I'm currently driving a 3-speed Corolla and it has a lot of engine noise at 3000-3600 RPM...
You can have the same thing with a 2015 Fit six-speed… and twice as many gears. The CVT cruises at 2/3 that rpm.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:03 PM
Thanks, Fitmo. This weekend I decided was the last repair to the Corolla. We bought a '13 Fit Sport last December, and it looks like we're probably about to get a '15 Fit, likely an EX. I just need to wait for the promotional financing. We trolled the local lot this weekend it seems like so much is similar but different. Where will the passenger put their drink up inside of by the right vent? :-p

Old 11-13-2014, 10:15 PM
Could someone post what color the rear turn signals are? I can't tell from the stock pictures if they're amber bulbs in the clear part of the trail light or if it's a bulb in the red part of the trail light. It sounds silly, but I have an issue with red turn signals for some reason and am always kind of surprised when I see Japanese cars with them, like certain model years of Civics and Camrys. I think they blend in with the brake light and slowing down for a turn.

Last edited by GotFitB13; 11-13-2014 at 10:17 PM. Reason: auto correct errors that need manual correct
Old 11-13-2014, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Could someone post what color the rear turn signals are? I can't tell from the stock pictures if they're amber bulbs in the clear part of the trail light or if it's a bulb in the red part of the trail light. It sounds silly, but I have an issue with red turn signals for some reason and am always kind of surprised when I see Japanese cars with them, like certain model years of Civics and Camrys. I think they blend in with the brake light and slowing down for a turn.
The rear turn signals on the fit are using dedicated amber bulbs. The red lights are just brake lights only.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:24 AM
5 Year Member
There is no amber on the 2015 USDM Fit's rear lights. The top section of the assembly is red LED and provides tail/brake/side marker function. The LEDs get brighter for braking. The clear section covers the clear incandescent reverse light bulb. The lower red section covers the clear incandescent turn signal bulb. Although both the brake and turn signals are red, they are in different locations on the lamp assembly and independent. IOW, there is no flashing brake bulb as there is on many American vehicles.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitmo
There is no amber on the 2015 USDM Fit's rear lights. The top section of the assembly is red LED and provides tail/brake/side marker function. The LEDs get brighter for braking. The clear section covers the clear incandescent reverse light bulb. The lower red section covers the clear incandescent turn signal bulb. Although both the brake and turn signals are red, they are in different locations on the lamp assembly and independent. IOW, there is no flashing brake bulb as there is on many American vehicles.
I stand corrected. I was thinking the last few Hondas I've owned had a yellow bulb or yellow cover for turn signal. Except his model is different now with LEDs for braking and side marker. It does have a regular bulb for turn signal just the cover is red.

It would have been cool of the entire back are all LEDs like some other cars. Since the socket is standard it is a easy swap. I've already done this to the license plate lights.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:35 PM
Since the lens is red, if there was a green bulb available, would that create a yellow/amber light when it's illuminated?

Old 11-17-2014, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
Since the lens is red, if there was a green bulb available, would that create a yellow/amber light when it's illuminated?
That would depend on how much red the green bulb produced and how much green the red lens passed. Probably not.

Quick Reply: Question for you '15 owners.