3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda 2015 Fit EX dashboard alignment issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Exclamation Honda 2015 Fit EX dashboard alignment issues

My brand new, 20 day old Honda Fit 2015 EX has been with the dealership for 4 days now. The part of the dashboard at the driver's side is not aligned and partly caved in, albeit not a major issue, it is a factory interior flaw, and a flaw nonetheless. The dashboard of the Honda Fit 2015, according to the dealer, is having major quality issues, as the 2 new arrivals today in their dealership also seemed to have the same problem and they did show it to me.
Can anybody check theirs to see if they also missed this flaw while buying the vehicle?

Old 01-08-2015, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
No issues on mine. Can you post a pic?

es

Old 01-08-2015, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
pics would help for sure

Old 01-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Name:  IMG_3947_zps45cf6e84.jpg
Views: 2288
Size:  79.6 KB

You mean something like that?

Old 02-27-2015, 11:22 AM
Ditto

I've got the same thing.

Looks like the previous poster's photograph.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:08 PM
Mine has that as well - it's gotten a bit worse during the colder weather this last month, and I'm hoping it will get better with warmer. Plastic does expand and contract, right?

I really don't think the dealers will be able to fix it.... It's cosmetic. I also worry about them removing my dash or fiddling with it and it getting worse - its a bummer that its there but it isn't affecting the ride or safety and it's not making any noise (rattle or squeak) so I'm just going to leave it be until I read on here that someone has gotten it resolved without any issues.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:11 PM
It's a quality defect. From what I understand, Honda will replace the entire Dashboard piece no question, but it's taking time of the part to come in. Aside from that little flaw, the car is lovely, and if I had to drive it with that little flaw for the next 300k miles, I would.

I'd just prefer not to because, well, new car!

Old 02-27-2015, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by carrier
I really don't think the dealers will be able to fix it.... It's cosmetic. I also worry about them removing my dash or fiddling with it and it getting worse...

10 characters

Old 02-27-2015, 02:18 PM
Dashboard misfit

Mine looks the same, and mine also rattles on occasion. Honda is not building their cars with the same quality from the 80's and 90's which made them a great car company.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Old 02-27-2015, 07:11 PM
There is also another thread for this (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...alignment.html) , and it's also in the thread for Quality Issues. I know because I've posted on both.

I have the same problem, and it does irk me a bit since it's always right in front of me and there is sometimes a light rattle from the area. The gap in mine grows in cooler/colder weather, but shrinks in warmer weather. However, the rattle is more often present in warmer weather.

This link shows some pics of this defect on my Fit: http://1drv.ms/1B41gH6

The dealer ordered the small trim piece that goes next to the small window, but the piece hasn't arrived (ordered on 01-23-2015). The explanation is that since it is a brand new design, some pieces take long to deliver since their distribution is not widespread yet.

Anyhow, once the piece arrives, the dealer will attempt to correct this cosmetic problem. I'll post again once this attempt is made, but that darn piece is sure taking a long time. Anyhow, even if it can't be fixed visually, I do expect them to get rid of the rattle (well, at least that's the hope). I still like the car, but it is a bit disappointing to have a rattle and other small defects on a new car

Old 02-28-2015, 03:41 PM
I went to the dealer today and they took one look at it and told me it was a defective clip. They ordered the part and it will be fixed on Tuesday.

They even showed me how it all goes together correctly once that clip is in place.

I would recommend talking with your dealers. There isn't any need of a new dashboard, just a new clip.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Micah C Brown
I went to the dealer today and they took one look at it and told me it was a defective clip. They ordered the part and it will be fixed on Tuesday.

They even showed me how it all goes together correctly once that clip is in place.

I would recommend talking with your dealers. There isn't any need of a new dashboard, just a new clip.
Thanks for posting! If it's not much to ask, please let us know if they are successful in fixing it when you take it in on Tuesday.
Do you have both the 1)gap and 2) unevenness??
I ask since I'm not sure a clip would be enough to close the gap (but I hope it is).

Old 02-28-2015, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by 2015FIT
Thanks for posting! If it's not much to ask, please let us know if they are successful in fixing it when you take it in on Tuesday.
Do you have both the 1)gap and 2) unevenness??
I ask since I'm not sure a clip would be enough to close the gap (but I hope it is).
I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Yes, gap and unevenness. If somebody can tell me how to upload an image that's not attached to another website, I can send it along.

The unevenness and gap was caused by all three plastics (window, side bar, and dashboard). The clip holds all three pieces together evenly. They demonstrated how it works.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Thanks for that update on the defective clip. That's really good to know! I'm interested to hear how the repair goes.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Had my car in the shop yesterday for the 4th try.My dealer borrowed a special tool from Honda,and was finely able to fix the problem.Unfortunately I didn't get to see what it looked like and he said he had to ship it back today.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
I have similar kinda of alignment issue. But I thought it is with that small piece between pillar and dashboard towards driver side. They also messed up alignment with cup holder which pops out little bit.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:12 AM

Yes, gap and unevenness. If somebody can tell me how to upload an image that's not attached to another website, I can send it along.

The unevenness and gap was caused by all three plastics (window, side bar, and dashboard). The clip holds all three pieces together evenly. They demonstrated how it works.
So was the clip fix successful?? Thanks in advance and I look forward to your update.
By the way. I'm not sure how to post pics other than through a link.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by larryb
Had my car in the shop yesterday for the 4th try.My dealer borrowed a special tool from Honda,and was finely able to fix the problem.Unfortunately I didn't get to see what it looked like and he said he had to ship it back today.
If it's not too much to ask, would you mind telling us which dealership it was?? I would like to call them so I can ask them the name of the tool so my dealership can fix my dash. Thanks.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member

There is square shaped plastic piece with vents between dashboard and small window. Dashboard shape is different between driver side and passenger side. This driver side piece is not attached properly. It moves with very little pressure. This is the one creating this gap in dashboard in my vehicle. Is it the same with you as well. I need to take it to dealer.

Quick Reply: Honda 2015 Fit EX dashboard alignment issues