3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Dashboard alignment

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 02:00 PM
Dashboard alignment

Has anyone been successful in getting their dashboard alignment repaired at the drivers side A piller ?My car has been in three times and they still haven't been able to correct it.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by larryb
Has anyone been successful in getting their dashboard alignment repaired at the drivers side A piller ?My car has been in three times and they still haven't been able to correct it.
I also have a gap between the dash and A-pillar on the driver's side, and the trim piece next to the small window is not flush (driver's side also). The dealer ordered the small trim piece that goes next to the small window. It has been three weeks and the piece hasn't arrived (ordered on 01-23-2015). The explanation is that since it is a brand new design, some pieces take long to deliver since their distribution is not widespread yet.
Anyhow, once the piece arrives, the dealer will attempt to correct this cosmetic problem. I certainly want to know what happens to yours and to others who have this defect. I will post again once my dealer makes an attempt at fixing this. If the dealer is not able to resolve it, I will try to contact Honda. It may just be a cosmetic issue, but the perception of quality is certainly diminished, especially since it is right in front of you when you drive. The gap actually changes size depending on the temperature. On warm days it actually gets smaller (which I guess it's due to expansion of the materials), and it grows on cool to cold days. There is also an occasional rattle from the area when driving over small bumps and uneven roads. My pax side wiper vibrates when on idle, but well that's getting outside the scope of this thread - just wanted to mention it since it is also on my field of view while driving.

This link has pics of this defect on my Fit: http://1drv.ms/1B41gH6
I would appreciate it if any of you can chime in on how it compares to your dash. Thanks.

Last edited by 2015FIT; 02-14-2015 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:00 AM
Smile Same Issue

I have the same exact defect. Looks just like yours. Haven't been back to dealer to try and get it fixed - yet. Must be some sort of assembly issue. FYI, my VIN is 74442? can't remember. I'll follow your repair; and try to do same. Thanks for posting.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:55 PM
I'm still waiting for the trim piece so I have not gone to the dealer. From this and other threads it does seem that there are several who have this gap and/or unevenness. I hope that at least one of us gets it resolved and posts so others can follow.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:03 AM
Must just be a design/assembly issue that factory needs to resolve.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
Wow, you are quite anal. Not a bad thing but I don't think it would bother me... Now the lifter noise... that's still something I sometimes "hear".

Old 02-21-2015, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
^^ That's likely not the lifters you're hearing if you're referring to the GK, that's the fuel injectors. Common trait on these direct injected engines... On some of these DI equipped cars (not sure if the GK has much, if any), Honda put some DENSE insulation/sound deadening under the hood of these cars to help compensate.

Originally Posted by 2015FIT
I'm still waiting for the trim piece so I have not gone to the dealer. From this and other threads it does seem that there are several who have this gap and/or unevenness. I hope that at least one of us gets it resolved and posts so others can follow.
Hey, a local!

Originally Posted by larryb
Originally Posted by z16dna
I have the same exact defect. Looks just like yours. Haven't been back to dealer to try and get it fixed - yet. Must be some sort of assembly issue. FYI, my VIN is 74442? can't remember. I'll follow your repair; and try to do same. Thanks for posting.
Same question to all of you... Was the A pillar trim replaced under recall and the gap was present after reassembly OR has the gap been there since delivery (regardless of pillar recall)?

Old 02-21-2015, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by Hootie
^^ That's likely not the lifters you're hearing if you're referring to the GK, that's the fuel injectors. Common trait on these direct injected engines... On some of these DI equipped cars (not sure if the GK has much, if any), Honda put some DENSE insulation/sound deadening under the hood of these cars to help compensate.

Hey, a local!

Same question to all of you... Was the A pillar trim replaced under recall and the gap was present after reassembly OR has the gap been there since delivery (regardless of pillar recall)?
For me, the gap has been there since delivery - I got the car in Jan 2015 and spotted the gap 2 days after I took delivery. I haven't had a recall on my GK.
And hey back - are you also in the Houston area, or elsewhere in TX?

Last edited by 2015FIT; 02-21-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:27 PM
-- UPDATE --. Regarding the gap between the dash and A-pillar an the unevenness between the trim piece by the little window and dash (both of these on the driver's side), my dealer fixed it (after 2.5 months of ordering the piece). The piece they replaced was the trim piece next to the small window, and how they fixed the rest, I'm not sure, but it looks good to me. You can see pics via the following link. Three of the pics show the gap and unevenness and one shows the fix.

Link: http://1drv.ms/1B41gH6

Old 04-15-2015, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
The dealer ordered the trim piece for me a month ago but I've heard nothing since then. I realize it may be a small thing, but it's right where I see it all the time.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
The dealer ordered the trim piece for me a month ago but I've heard nothing since then. I realize it may be a small thing, but it's right where I see it all the time.
The trim piece for mine was ordered around January 25 and it finally arrived around April 10. I felt similar to you, it was a small cosmetic thing but I wanted it fixed, especially since it was always right in front of me. I hope your piece arrives soon and that your dealer can correct it!

Old 04-16-2015, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie

Hey, a local!

Even though mine was listed as needing the recall done, when it was checked, it had the correct pieces. No gaps. I think a lot of people are just ragging on the car because they are built in Mexico, not Japan. My Mexican built Fit has has had fewer problems than either of my Japanese built ones had.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:15 PM
Got mine fixed last night. It's still off but not as bad as it was before.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:30 AM
I hope everyones gets fixed! It seems like it's just a small alignement issue and that tightening or loosening a screw somewhere might fix it.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
The trim piece for mine was ordered around January 25 and it finally arrived around April 10. I felt similar to you, it was a small cosmetic thing but I wanted it fixed, especially since it was always right in front of me. I hope your piece arrives soon and that your dealer can correct it!

The trim piece came in last week, and the dealer installed it. It's a lot better than it was, although still not as good as it should be. I guess it's as good as I can hope for, and it will have to do.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:37 AM
5 Year Member
The more I look at mine, even after the "fix", the more disappointed I am with the job the dealer did. It's really no better than it was, it's just doesn't fit in a different way. Yesterday I looked at every Fit on the lot (six in all), and none of them had the fitment issues that mine does. Why should I accept this?

Old 05-29-2015, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
The more I look at mine, even after the "fix", the more disappointed I am with the job the dealer did. It's really no better than it was, it's just doesn't fit in a different way. Yesterday I looked at every Fit on the lot (six in all), and none of them had the fitment issues that mine does. Why should I accept this?
You know, mine looked good after the fix, I even posted a pic of the fix. Unfortunately, as the weeks have passed, the area is starting to look irregular again. It's not as much as before, but I am noticing the formation of a small gap between the A-pillar and dash, and the small trim piece by the little window is popping up again. it is less than before, but still, I ask myself the same thing as you, "Why should I accept this?"
Part of me just wants to leave it alone and be done with it, but part of me, as a matter of principle, wants it fixed right. It's just such an inconvenience to be going to the dealer for this kind of thing. If the Honda Rep in these forums is reading, please pay attention to us. It's clear that several people have this cosmetic problem, and many of us have already done the due diligence of working with our dealers, but the fix is still subpar.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:38 AM
5 Year Member
I understand your frustration. This SHOULD be a simple fix. The number of cars that don't exhibit this issue tells me it CAN be fixed, so why isn't it?

I've mentioned this in every survey Honda has sent me, but, of course, nothing comes of these surveys.

Up to now I've been nice and polite about this, but every time I drive the car I'm staring right at this defect, and it is starting to make me mad.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:48 AM
Yes this should not be tolerated. It must be fixed! I am collecting my new ride tomorrow and will definitely watch out for it.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:12 PM
I have the same issue, went to the dealer and they told me because there was no broken part I would have to buy a new one (91 dollars) and when I declined the replacment part, they told me they could glue it down for me.... Im not letting anyone glue anything on my brand new fit ( one month after pickup)

Quick Reply: Dashboard alignment