3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What color Honda Fit Should I get?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 07:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Matts1stHonda
I have always wanted a Fit .... My parents were always against me having a car because I'm under 25. ...I am very indecisive on what color I should get. ... Any suggestions?
i suggest getting the color that your parents hate, because you are already going against their wishes...

a stupid reply for a stupid post. get whatever color you want, what does it matter what a bunch of strangers think?

Old 01-17-2015, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Import an orange RS

Old 01-17-2015, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
I have a black one and I hate, hate, hate having it in black. Hate it. It's never clean. Every blemish, every dot, every imperfection shows. I like the car a lot, but the black sucks. It looks great in magazines and in the parking lot of the car wash bay, past that, it's never clean.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:29 PM
I waited 6 weeks for my Yellow EX. Finally came in this week and I love the color. If you're going to have a small car, make sure it's visible.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:58 PM
They are all good colors except for yellow and passion berry which are "taste specific". Nothing wrong with those colors but will likely limit your market if you ever decide to sell. I have two fits, white and grey. Both outstanding if subdued colors.

If you want loud, get red or blue. If you want quiet-but-sophisticated get white or grey. Get black if you either like dirty cars or want to wash it every week, cool color in that case.

Last edited by 2bits; 01-18-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Once in a lifetime

Your choice, obviously, but objectively speaking, it's YOUR choice! I'm a well-aged vintage, and liked the distinguished appearance of the Modern Steel Metallic. I am also retired, so I have time to give this relatively high-maintenance finish an occasional rinse (shows dirt more quickly). At your age, I would be checking out the Blue Aegean Metallic or Mystic Yellow Pearl (I still think red attracts excessive enforcement attention). Congratulations on your step up (can't beat the car), and enjoy your unique self-expression Op!

Old 01-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lane03
Easy, get the color you would be most happy with. What color other people like is irrelevant.
Originally Posted by rodney
i suggest getting the color that your parents hate, because you are already going against their wishes...

a stupid reply for a stupid post. get whatever color you want, what does it matter what a bunch of strangers think?

I just had to weigh in on this thread. Agree with the two posters above by the way. It confuses me that a grown-up needs hand holding by strangers on what color to select. Goodness OP, can't you select your own car/color etc ?

Old 01-22-2015, 08:00 PM
Orchid White of course. But I agree with one post, go to hopefully a well stocked dealer and look in person. When you see it you will know instantly. To me some vehicles only look good in certain colors, then maybe others will grow on you. When I first seen the new Toyota tundras, 08 or so I think. The only color I liked was black. Ive had a Black 5.0 mustang. I totally agree with an above post, only looks good in the car wash.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:28 AM
Originally Posted by Fitster C.
Your choice, obviously, but objectively speaking, it's YOUR choice! I'm a well-aged vintage, and liked the distinguished appearance of the Modern Steel Metallic. I am also retired, so I have time to give this relatively high-maintenance finish an occasional rinse (shows dirt more quickly). At your age, I would be checking out the Blue Aegean Metallic or Mystic Yellow Pearl (I still think red attracts excessive enforcement attention). Congratulations on your step up (can't beat the car), and enjoy your unique self-expression Op!
I agree, the Modern Steel Metallic is a distinguished choice. The various bits and pieces look integrated in said color. That said, in Portland Oregon I've given up maintaining a winter paint job. Dirty all the time. One little puddle ruins the side. I so wish they had a Pearl White in stock. While not as expensive looking as the Modern Steel Metallic I would have an easier time keeping my new car looking cleaner.

I do love my new car though. I cannot believe the content and capability I get at the price.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:08 PM
Black is SEXY! Grey is DEPRESSING! I would have LOVED blue.
I'd go for blue!!

Old 03-22-2015, 02:14 AM
I always buy white, but it's not on your list. Second best is definitely blue. I'm not a gray or silver fan.

Old 03-22-2015, 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by SR45

I just had to weigh in on this thread. Agree with the two posters above by the way. It confuses me that a grown-up needs hand holding by strangers on what color to select. Goodness OP, can't you select your own car/color etc ?
I think he wants to share his excitement, like we do with our close friends.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
Nothing wrong with asking for opinions. Doesn't mean you're letting someone make up your mind.

None of the colors offered really did anything for me. In my case black, dark gray (modern steel) and the purple would show dirt and scratches too easily. I've seen too many examples of the Milano Red that faded badly. I've had bad luck with blue cars in the past (chipping/poor paint adhesion) to ever buy another blue car. There's no green or orange (my first choices) offered, so it came down to white or yellow.

I hadn't seen a yellow car in person, so I had no real idea exactly what shade of yellow it is, so I ended up going with white. I've owned two white motorcycles, and the color is actually pretty easy to maintain and doesn't snow scratches.

Yesterday I finally saw a yellow Fit on a car lot, and I'm really glad I went with the white. Didn't like the yellow at all-too pale, with a greenish undertone to my eye.

The preceding is my opinion only, and should be taken solely as my opinion.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member
By the way, I never choose equipment or color based on what may or may not be popular when I resell the car. I buy cars for me, not the next person who's going to own it.

I choose every car as though it's the last car I'm ever going to buy, and someday I'll be right.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by rodney

I find it strange that anyone would ask strangers what color to get. Its going to be their car so they should get what they like. Really strange some of these posters.

Old 03-22-2015, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
What color Honda Fit Should I get?!?!?

Originally Posted by SR45
I find it strange that anyone would ask strangers what color to get. Its going to be their car so they should get what they like. Really strange some of these posters.

Not really strange- how many people do you think you will encounter between now and November 2016- asking who are you voting for PRESIDENT- like who the f'in- cares- it's your car or vote.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
It's not a bad question, but I think what people are asking, me included before I've purchased cars, was "In your opinion, what are the pro's and con's of each color?"

Over the years, I enjoyed reading what others have had to say about different colors and made up my own decision, but armed with more reason behind my own final choices.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:13 PM
Out of the colours you've narrowed it down to, I would pick Aegan Blue Metallic because it is simply STUNNING on this car. I don't see Fits too often but every time I see one in that colour I almost regret not getting that colour. It was my 2nd choice after White Orchid Pearl. Black would be my last choice - I love black cars but constantly trying to keep it clean and seeing every scratch/chip/imperfection would drive me up the wall. It's partially the reason I went the opposite and got white, oddly enough it's very easy to maintain and I've wanted a white car for ages.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KenBT
Not really strange- how many people do you think you will encounter between now and November 2016- asking who are you voting for PRESIDENT- like who the f'in- cares- it's your car or vote.
there's adecided ifference between voting for Fit coloror president. president is basec on issues even tho the average voter knows nothing beyond whether he's supposed o vote democrat or republican. color is a choice based on your viewing.
colors become issues only when an attribute like safety - where yellow and orange lead the way - gets involved.dark blue and black trail the choices.
cheers
ps if you want some fun ask your congress person or senator how the affordable care actwill dstribute the $3 trillion (16% of GDP) over the 100 million IRS returns and 57 million seniors on Medicare.

Last edited by mahout; 03-22-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:18 PM
I think the gray and the silver look best of the paint jobs. The color ones are too bright and fruity looking. I am looking into the metalic gray myself as it has a mysterious personality to me.

Quick Reply: What color Honda Fit Should I get?!?!?