3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Your favorite feature?

Old 01-29-2015, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Chazman
+1
That alone made me to buy EX instead of LX!

Inserting the key into key hole & turning... all seems so antique, probably from T-model era.
For me it's more. My right hand isn't functional enough to turn a key. On previous cars I had to reach through the steering wheel spokes to start my car left handed. Really is a wonderful feature for me. I will never have another car without push button start.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by etana
The headlights are so much brighter and larger longer area of light than my 1998 Civic, that I notice it happily every night (1 week old Fit).
I actually test drove in order to compare the headlights and make sure they are not like my 2010 Accord. My Accord headlights are useless without streetlights. They are designed to aim downwards next to car. When it is dark, I have to switch to high beam lights. Fit has very bright lights positioned very well with enough depth.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member
Fav feature?? Filling the gas tank for under $20. Of course with prices down for the moment, it really is grand coincedence, but I'll take it.

Besides economy and potential reliability, I'd say the magic seats for folding flat and lifting up for maximum cargo capacity. Wish my Fiesta ST did as well in this category but the Fit has it beat for sure.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ellatron
Lane watcher. Rush hour commute is so much easier with it. I keep it on when changing lanes from the carpool lane.
Yep, I use it to keep an eye on those motorcyclists when they do lane splitting.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:24 AM
Originally Posted by festiboi
Ditto the left cupholder and the smooth shifting manual. As strange as it sounds, I love the cloth on my LX. It feels so soft, yet durable at the same time
I was looking at a screaming yellow LX the other day, and you are right! That is some lovely cloth. I reallly wish I were getting it.

I've had my 2006 Civic since it was new, and the cloth looks just as good as ever.

Old 01-31-2015, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chazman
+1
That alone made me to buy EX instead of LX!

Inserting the key into key hole & turning... all seems so antique, probably from T-model era.
It must be from using keys for more years than I care to think about, but both my wife's car and my daughters has the push button start, and it seems like every time I get in one of them, I start looking for the key. Some habits die hard.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:15 AM
That reflex lasted about 3 weeks for me, but I certainly agree regarding old habits.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
The price--tremendous bang for the buck.
The quality--reasonable materials considering the price--flawlessly assembled
The tiny microvan looking exterior with a huge, versatile (Magic Seat) interior.
The powertrain--powerful and efficient DI engine with the insanely smooth CVT.
The handling--every bit as fun to drive as my '97 Acura GS-R
The backup/LaneWatch camera system on top of excellent visibility all around.
The SmartKey entry/push-button start--we're spoiled for life now.
The sunroof--rear of it up with windows up provides great, quiet ventilation.
The low center console--has forced me to drive with both hands on the wheel.
For me, the seats are perfect, but the tiny wife hates them (same for GS-R).
For her, the purple paint although we both love the blue and me the yellow.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
Coming from driving a Dodge Grand Caravan that I traded in, and still driving an Accord as my other car, I am enjoying the smaller turning radius of my 2015 Fit.

And this summer when I'm parking at the Jersey Shore where spots are tight, I'm looking forward to the back-up camera coming in handy.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:20 PM
Smile

For me the best feature is the split flip up rear seats, I am an airline worker so I can throw both bags on the left side in the back and not deal with the trunk.

BP

Old 03-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Another fav feature. able to alarm and lock all doors from the trunk!

Old 03-11-2015, 09:26 PM
That is probably one of the few EX features I *really* miss in my LX! So convenient when you're getting groceries out.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
I am going to be extremely vague and say...

The efficiency of the car as a whole is my favorite feature.

To say mpg just isn't enough. I mean 41mpg so far halfway through my second tank is crazy for a non-hybrid. But then there is the crazy room inside the crazy little car. Something that small should not be that big. And then the overall value. Efficiency in mpg, space and the wallet.

Passion berry purple, moon roof, and push button start are pretty awesome too.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:29 PM
High class

For me the biggest plus is how upscale the whole car is. Granted I have an Ex not the LX but after doing a LOT of test driving and renting a few cars I can say, you won't find a single other 20k hatchback loaded as much as mine is and put together as well as mine is. C'mon, touch screen, backup camera with 3 different positions, right turn camera, Bluetooth, moonroof and a lot more combined with premium quality for the level. It doesn't get any better

Old 03-11-2015, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by wyyup
I love the color. We were looking at what the dealer had in stock and they had only one blue metallic LX. As soon as we saw it in person, we had to have it. Seeing it in the sunlight is near magical.

I love the gas mileage, the Bluetooth integration, and I don't feel that we've lost much space compared to the Ford Taurus X that we came from. I would have liked to have bought an EX-L but the funds didn't allow.

Most of all, I'm happy to have peace of mind. We've had so many car problems the last two years and just trusting that it will start every day and make it to the destination is wonderful.

If you can't tell, I love my Honda Fit.
I feel ya on reliability, we've had cash cars for so long to get ourselves in a better position financially, the problem however when you spend 2-3k on a cash car is that your usually buying someone else's problem. It's so nice not to worry for the next 100k miles at LEAST!

Old 03-12-2015, 06:31 AM
How did you do that? I know you can unlock all doors using the hatch button, but how do you lock them from there? That would be very convenient.

Last edited by GoBucky; 03-12-2015 at 06:33 AM.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GoBucky
How did you do that? I know you can unlock all doors using the hatch button, but how do you lock them from there? That would be very convenient.
There's a lock button just like on the door handles next to the unlock button bar.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by Fitmo
There's a lock button just like on the door handles next to the unlock button bar.
I just went out and checked, how did I miss that? That's excellent, thanks for pointing that out ellatron and Fitmo.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:41 PM
i live in a city where street parking is hell. the back up camera and SIZE of the Fit has been a blessing. also dig the ECO button :P

Old 03-14-2015, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member
Everything everybody has mentioned goes for me too.

In addition, I love that the car is small enough to fit in the garage with the Harley parked in front or behind it.

I love the fact that the car is efficient, both in use of fuel and use of space, but still manages to be a blast to drive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Your favorite feature?