3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Your favorite feature?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 11:25 AM
Your favorite feature?

There's been a solid trend of people creating threads about what's wrong with their Fits. It's getting fairly old and bothersome to read in my opinion. Let's hear some of your favorite features or qualities of the car.

After a week of driving I'm really enjoying the feel of the manual transmission. I also was impressed that I could fit myself, my wife, our 15 month old daughter and our 75lbs dog safely and comfortably into the vehicle.

Looking forward to what the aftermarket brings for this vehicle. Let's hear your thoughts!

Old 01-22-2015, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
Being left handed and driving a MT... by far my favorite feature is the left side cup holder.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
There are many great features to the Fit, but the biggest one for me is the wide view backup camera.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:46 PM
I know it's a model-specific feature, but I LOVE the moonroof. I missed having one when I had the 2010 Fit.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:07 PM
It's pretty stupid but I love the 3 blink turn signal when you just tap the lever. Also, the color green they used for the light is particularly appealing. I'm not sure if they use it on other Hondas, but it is striking.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:48 PM
Ditto the left cupholder and the smooth shifting manual. As strange as it sounds, I love the cloth on my LX. It feels so soft, yet durable at the same time

Old 01-22-2015, 10:42 PM
I like the handle that you can use to close the hatch door - it helps keep oily human fingers from the paint.
I like that that whatever you put in the trunk is not too visible from the outside - which is good since I don't have a cargo cover in my LX.
I like that you can both tilt and telescope the steering wheel.
I like the car overall.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2015FIT
I like the handle that you can use to close the hatch door - it helps keep oily human fingers from the paint.
I like that that whatever you put in the trunk is not too visible from the outside - which is good since I don't have a cargo cover in my LX.
I like that you can both tilt and telescope the steering wheel.
I like the car overall.
Does EX comes with cargo cover.
Thanks

Old 01-23-2015, 01:40 AM
No cargo cover with EX; ordering mine shortly from Bernardiparts.com (cheaper than Honda sites).

Old 01-23-2015, 07:30 AM
With the loading in and out I do, the ability to lock and unlock the car from the hatch is a great feature. Coming from a 14 year old SUV there's lots of features that I love, but probably common to most other makes at a similar trim level. What's amazing is that I still have about 3/4ths of useable interior space yet twice the mileage...plus another 5mpg.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by robertsmithfromthecure
It's pretty stupid but I love the 3 blink turn signal when you just tap the lever. Also, the color green they used for the light is particularly appealing. I'm not sure if they use it on other Hondas, but it is striking.

I LOVE the color too! I was wondering if anyone else thought it was a peculiar color, but indeed a very nice color.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
i like the LED headlights as standard, as bright as HID but would be cheaper to replace. the CVT is surprisingly smooth acceleration and good on fuel. after filling up it says 640km to empty on the screen

Old 01-23-2015, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
The moonroof, the A-pillar windows, and the attendant sense of airiness to the interior.

The smart key system.

The EX 'Jetsons' fabric pattern. The space pod exterior, too.

The intuitive infotainment system.

The mileage.

The versatility.

The size and the consequent wieldiness = FUN.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:01 PM
Thanks FitFolksinger, I missed that feature, and it works like a charm!

Old 01-23-2015, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
The moonroof, the A-pillar windows, and the attendant sense of airiness to the interior.

The smart key system.

The EX 'Jetsons' fabric pattern. The space pod exterior, too.

The intuitive infotainment system.

The mileage.

The versatility.

The size and the consequent wieldiness = FUN.
The dynamic appearance and sporty, solid stance is aided by its coupe-like cabin shape and bold and powerful face, complemented by distinctive side contours, including a sharply upswept character line, deeply sculpted lower body form and the strong horizontal taper of both the front and rear fascia.

The sporty and sophisticated interior features an expansive, airy cockpit with an abundance of soft-touch materials and premium detailing punctuated by precise bezels, sophisticated stitch lines and upmarket brushed chrome and piano black highlights – all fitting its mission as a youthful yet refined personal crossover vehicle. The three-meter driver’s instrument cluster features “floating” illumination rings and Honda’s ECO Assist feature, wherein the speedometer illumination changes from blue to green depending on the fuel efficiency of the driver’s vehicle operation.

Oops, this is a description of the upcoming Honda HR-V...sorry.

[/url= http://www.hondanews.ca/Content/hond...-V%20IMage.jpg

Last edited by Vanguard; 01-23-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:51 PM
Space!

In my car today, I had four all season tires, two in the back and two on the floor between the front and back seats. Without moving anything around, I was able to fit 32 cases of 12 Miller Chill beer on the back seat.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanguard
The dynamic appearance and sporty, solid stance is aided by its coupe-like cabin shape and bold and powerful face, complemented by distinctive side contours, including a sharply upswept character line, deeply sculpted lower body form and the strong horizontal taper of both the front and rear fascia.

The sporty and sophisticated interior features an expansive, airy cockpit with an abundance of soft-touch materials and premium detailing punctuated by precise bezels, sophisticated stitch lines and upmarket brushed chrome and piano black highlights – all fitting its mission as a youthful yet refined personal crossover vehicle. The three-meter driver’s instrument cluster features “floating” illumination rings and Honda’s ECO Assist feature, wherein the speedometer illumination changes from blue to green depending on the fuel efficiency of the driver’s vehicle operation.

Oops, this is a description of the upcoming Honda HR-V...sorry.

[/url= http://www.hondanews.ca/Content/hond...-V%20IMage.jpg
Looks like it is going to be little bigger than Fit and available with civic engine with no DI. Any idea, when it is going to be available. I might get this one instead of Fit if price difference is small.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Are wheel locks standard with EX? How much they cost to purchase from dealer if not.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ritholtz
Are wheel locks standard with EX? How much they cost to purchase from dealer if not.
I think I paid $23.50, from one of the online Honda parts stores. Dealer wanted $55.00 + with installation (which consists of removing one lug nut from each wheel and replacing it with the locking version).

Old 01-23-2015, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ritholtz
Looks like it is going to be little bigger than Fit and available with civic engine with no DI. Any idea, when it is going to be available. I might get this one instead of Fit if price difference is small.
Here is the link for the Honda HR-V site:

Honda HR-V Forum

I think the last I heard was Spring 2015. I suspect it will be like the Fit release, where they let the car trickle in to the dealers slowly.

It is like a Fit on Steroids, being about 4" higher. I also think it will have 4-wheel disc, and of course the AWD version as well. I heard the AWD will be CVT only, while the 2-wheel drive can be either CVT or 6-speed.

Quick Reply: Your favorite feature?