3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Turn signal 3 blink feature?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by cuemark8
Ok, my comment was harsh.

I'm on here to give an unbiased perspective of the FIT. I once considered buying a '13 FIT model.
May I gently suggest that perhaps two years is long enough to get over your disappointment with a previous model of the Fit and move on with life. Dwelling over a decision you made so long ago isn't healthy.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
The FIT is made out to be Holy grail of all small cars. It's also made out the bench mark at which all other small cars are judged by.
Correct, and for good reason.

That three-blink feature is ridiculous. Is that supposed to be a car maker's bragging point? A driver's goal should not be to change lanes quickly, but to change lanes safely, and that means letting other drivers know that you intend to move into their lane.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:07 PM
It's common place anymore. BMW has had it for a number of years. My Ford Fiesta has it! I passed a previous generation FIT over it. Past the most current FIT over it. Glad to se Honda is finally catching up.
I think most vehicles have this feature.
I'm convinced if Honda would polish a turd, most people would buy it.
The FIT is the most overated, overpriced, vehicle on the road

Wow. Many of us are brand-loyal due to Honda's *exceptional* reliability record. As far as the Fit is concerned, I just traded in a 2010 Fit and purchased a 2015 EX and it is 500% better in terms of safety, included options, handling, cost to operate and maintain as well as the "I can't believe all I got for the price I paid" factor.

Most automotive magazines and consumer reporting agencies do list the Fit as the top choice in it's category - because of all the things I just listed. Not to mention Owner Satisfaction. You can be a Ford fan, but REALLY - Ford has nothing on Honda when it comes to reliability. I've had an 87 Prelude, two Civics (95 & 98) and now on my second Fit and I have NEVER had a lemon or a car that was in the shop other than for routine service and replacement of parts.

We are excited about the evolution of this model, including the addition of the Three-blink feature. If I drove a lot of highways I would certainly use it to change lanes.

Have you test driven a 2015 Fit? You didn't mention that in your earlier rant. If you have then you are welcome to your opinions but if not why don't you back up your sentiments with *real* experiences with a Fit.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Correct, and for good reason.

That three-blink feature is ridiculous. Is that supposed to be a car maker's bragging point? A driver's goal should not be to change lanes quickly, but to change lanes safely, and that means letting other drivers know that you intend to move into their lane.
I don't think the three-blink-turn-signal was ever made out to be a bragging point by Honda. Um, I didn't even know you could do the three-blink thing until this morning (and I've read a good bit about the Fit at this point).

If three blinks isn't enough for you, just use the full-on turn signal with unlimited blinks and turn it off when you've safely changed lanes (or leave it on forever to keep other drivers guessing -- up to you.).

BTW, amen, GeorgeL.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AFirefly
If three blinks isn't enough for you, just use the full-on turn signal with unlimited blinks and turn it off when you've safely changed lanes (or leave it on forever to keep other drivers guessing -- up to you.).

BTW, amen, GeorgeL.
Actually, I keep my four-way flashers on when I'm on a highway. That has the effect of flashing both right and left signals at the same time, so I'm always ready to move to either lane.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
I often hit the 4-ways when I'm stopped behind a car turning left and there's another approaching me from behind. I just hope that'll catch their eye if they look up from their texting in time. I also blink the 4-ways twice to say thanks to other drivers, i.e. when they let me merge. 3-blink? What's that?

Old 02-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Actually, I keep my four-way flashers on when I'm on a highway. That has the effect of flashing both right and left signals at the same time, so I'm always ready to move to either lane.
LOL! I might have to try this on the way home today! I like the pretty lights.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitmo
I often hit the 4-ways when I'm stopped behind a car turning left and there's another approaching me from behind. I just hope that'll catch their eye if they look up from their texting in time. I also blink the 4-ways twice to say thanks to other drivers, i.e. when they let me merge. 3-blink? What's that?
Right after NY made it illegal to use a cell phone while driving, a driver pulled over to make a call. A truck hit his car, and he was killed. People don't pay attention.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
Right after NY made it illegal to use a cell phone while driving, a driver pulled over to make a call. A truck hit his car, and he was killed. People don't pay attention.
A good friend of ours was stopped for a car turning left and a woman messing with a kid in a rear car seat hit him at 45 mph. His head hit the Honda Odyssey's B-pillar and he suffered brain damage. They had to remove the top of his skull for the swelling. Now he's mostly paralyzed for life and even has trouble speaking.

My son got rear-ended so hard it drove his car up under the rear end of the one in front of him. Luckily their rear axle stopped it before their rear bumper came through his windshield.

No... people DON'T pay attention.

Last edited by Fitmo; 02-06-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
A good friend of ours was stopped for a car turning left and a woman messing with a kid in a rear car seat hit him at 45 mph.
That's one of the problems with having kids in the rear seat.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Had two of them back there at one time. Brought my Mickey Mouse ear defenders for long trips. Let 'em cry--they'll eventually sleep.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:14 PM
A good friend of ours was stopped for a car turning left and a woman messing with a kid in a rear car seat hit him at 45 mph. His head hit the Honda Odyssey's B-pillar and he suffered brain damage. They had to remove the top of his skull for the swelling. Now he's mostly paralyzed for life and even has trouble speaking. No... people DON'T pay attention.
No argument there. Sorry about your friend! Too many drivers don't pay attention.

I was rear-ended about a year ago. Thankfully no real injuries. I was stopped but getting ready to turn right at a red light and had turn signal on... Could name plenty of other stories too. Part of why I bought a new car instead of used was better crash test results. And I purchased a brightly colored car for added visibility to other drivers. (I also like the bright colors on a smaller car.) Still doesn't mean other drivers will pay attention, but I can at least try to improve visibility and signaling ... And with good visibility from my car and LaneWatch, etc, hopefully I can keep a better eye on what drivers near me are doing too.

I think running a signal when a car in front of you is stopped and/or turning is a good idea. I'll have to remember that.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
I was set on Mystic Yellow specifically for the visibility. Got overridden by Mrs. Loves Purple. Glad you weren't injured. Also love the blue and think all the colors are good.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
Well this thread slowly turning into one more Fiesta advertisement eventually will turn into older models vs 2015 , cvt vs manual and goes on..
Regarding safety when rear ended, I am little concerned how close back seats are to the rear of the car compared to Sedans. Is it as safe as other cars in this situation. I am hoping that, Honda might have added some steel section around the hatch area and bottom of the read section.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:48 PM
I often hit the 4-ways when I'm stopped behind a car turning left and there's another approaching me from behind. I just hope that'll catch their eye if they look up from their texting in time.
Hopefully that doesn't have the opposite effect whereby the driver approaching from the rear sees your flashers and assumes you're disabled, then passes you on your left to get around you.

Technology has unfortunately vastly increased distracted driving. It's one thing I am much more aware of when I'm cycling.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GoBucky
Hopefully that doesn't have the opposite effect whereby the driver approaching from the rear sees your flashers and assumes you're disabled, then passes you on your left to get around you.
That actually happened when I was stopped for a deer standing in the road. They came very close to hitting it.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by ritholtz
Well this thread slowly turning into one more Fiesta advertisement eventually will turn into older models vs 2015 , cvt vs manual and goes on..
Regarding safety when rear ended, I am little concerned how close back seats are to the rear of the car compared to Sedans. Is it as safe as other cars in this situation. I am hoping that, Honda might have added some steel section around the hatch area and bottom of the read section.

The passenger compartment is it's own steel cage - the hood & trunk are specifically designed to collapse and send that energy around that cage, lessening the impact on the passengers. I feel extremely safe in my Fit.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by carrier
The passenger compartment is it's own steel cage - the hood & trunk are specifically designed to collapse and send that energy around that cage, lessening the impact on the passengers. I feel extremely safe in my Fit.
Thanks Carrier for the information. Front seats are moved way back in Fit compared to typical sedans. But rear seats are close to end of the car.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:06 PM
My issue from the get go was the turn signal feature. I agree not a selling point.
It's just that little nuances like this should have been taken care of long ago by Honda.
Here is 2015. Honda just added this little featire to their vehicle.
As I know and some other know this feature has been around for more than a decade. My vehicle has it. My previous vehicle had it, an '07 model.
It is just that is Honda is so great and so good. A little feature like this should've been there long ago. Hell, it should be there in the first generation FIT. It had around quite awhile at thay point.
But no, no car research firm would ever critisize Honda. If is truley the best of the best stuff like this should been there long ago.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:21 PM
My issue from the get go was the turn signal feature. I agree not a selling point.
It's just that little nuances like this should have been taken care of long ago by Honda.
Here is 2015. Honda just added this little featire to their vehicle.
As I know and some other know this feature has been around for more than a decade. My vehicle has it. My previous vehicle had it, an '07 model.
It is just that is Honda is so great and so good. A little feature like this should've been there long ago. Hell, it should be there in the first generation FIT. It had around quite awhile at thay point.
But no, no car research firm would ever critisize Honda. If is truley the best of the best stuff like this should been there long ago.

You are quick to criticize Honda, but you failed to answer my earlier question...Have you even driven a 2015 Fit? I tend to think not, and even if you had you are just a Honda hater for some reason...

Indeed, the turn signal feature is one of MANY that were introduced to the 2015 Fit, at an astonishingly low price.

Go find a Fiesta forum so you can toot your horn about it to people who agree with you.

Last edited by carrier; 02-06-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Turn signal 3 blink feature?