3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Turn signal 3 blink feature?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by carrier
Go find a Fiesta forum so you can toot your horn about it to people who agree with you.
I'm actually planning on registering on a Fiesta forum so I can give my unbiased opinion. I rented one for a few days, I've got to let everyone know what I thought about it.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Yes my girlfriend and I have taken a new 2015 FIT for a test drive. I have researched it. Seen various models. I was with my girlfriend just real recently on a test drive. It was an EX-CVT She test drove one herself and one with me. Her first test drive by herself was an LX. We share our disappointment with the FIT sorry. I said I passed on a 2013 model. The 2015 FIT was to be her car for daily use, not mine. Test driving it, I never gave it a thought about turn signals. Since I'm used to it for along time now, I thought all cars were that way. I personally did not drive the FIT. I was along with her. She drove. It was "her" car and she needed to be the one driving it.
Sorry, but we both have passed on the FIT due to numerous reasons.
It simply don't package the features and options we would like.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by cuemark8
Yes my girlfriend and I have taken a new 2015 FIT for a test drive. I have researched it. Seen various models. I was with my girlfriend just real recently on a test drive. It was an EX-CVT She test drove one herself and one with me. Her first test drive by herself was an LX. We share our disappointment with the FIT sorry. I said I passed on a 2013 model. The 2015 FIT was to be her car for daily use, not mine. Test driving it, I never gave it a thought about turn signals. Since I'm used to it for along time now, I thought all cars were that way. I personally did not drive the FIT. I was along with her. She drove. It was "her" car and she needed to be the one driving it.
Sorry, but we both have passed on the FIT due to numerous reasons.
It simply don't package the features and options we would like.
You seem to post quite a bit on here for not liking the Fit. If it's not to your liking, move on. The turn signals are now upgraded, so you can quit mentioning how Honda is lacking in amenities.

Show me a better car, that does this much, with as much technology as the EX has, with this mpg and is priced this low.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry, but we both have passed on the FIT due to numerous reasons. It simply don't package the features and options we would like.
You were welcomed when you came here and many tried to help you select a car, recommending several makes and models--not just the Fit. You've returned that kindness with Honda bashing as you apparently try to justify to yourself not choosing the Fit. I hope you don't plan on staying here and saving the world from the 2015 Fit because that position is already filled on this forum. Kindly move along now and find the vehicle that does meet your requirements.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I'm actually planning on registering on a Fiesta forum so I can give my unbiased opinion. I rented one for a few days, I've got to let everyone know what I thought about it.
Lol, I would too but in my case when i had a Ford Focus Hatchback as a rental..... Never again!

Old 02-07-2015, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by Fitmo
You were welcomed when you came here and many tried to help you select a car, recommending several makes and models--not just the Fit. You've returned that kindness with Honda bashing as you apparently try to justify to yourself not choosing the Fit. I hope you don't plan on staying here and saving the world from the 2015 Fit because that position is already filled on this forum. Kindly move along now and find the vehicle that does meet your requirements.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:31 AM
I was set on Mystic Yellow specifically for the visibility. Got overridden by Mrs. Loves Purple. Glad you weren't injured. Also love the blue and think all the colors are good.
Thank you. I still second-guess myself on the Mystic Yellow. The Mr. didn't really like it, so we went with red. It is a beautiful red! The Purple is a very cool color too!

Originally Posted by carrier
The passenger compartment is it's own steel cage - the hood & trunk are specifically designed to collapse and send that energy around that cage, lessening the impact on the passengers. I feel extremely safe in my Fit.
The 2015 has impressive front, side, and rear crash-test results — especially given it's a subcompact.

One thing I would note about the rear in an impact is that I might avoid getting the rigid cargo cover I've seen offered. I suspect it could go flying in some impacts. Might injure somebody in the back seat or even the front. I wonder if they've done any crash tests with the cargo cover in place? I throw a black towel over items in the cargo area when I want them less visible. It costs a lot less. It's flexible and handy in emergencies, spills, etc.

I like the 3-blink turn signal, now that I know about it, but I still use the full-signal a lot too. Traffic is pretty crazy around here!

Old 02-07-2015, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AFirefly
...I throw a black towel over items in the cargo area when I want them less visible. It costs a lot less. It's flexible and handy in emergencies, spills, etc.
Our rear windows are 20% tinted, but we still have four (wait for it…) dark purple 5'x7' fleece blankets in the Fit. Two are folded up in gallon Ziploc bags under the seats for winter emergency, one covers the rear seat and one covers the cargo area and rear seat back. No problem folding the rear seat down with the latter blanket thrown back in the cargo area.

Old 02-07-2015, 04:48 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
So nobody has an answer for me?

Old 02-07-2015, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by niko3257
One answer is sell your Fit and get Fiesta.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by niko3257
Hold it until it's blinked three times and when you release it, it will blink twice more. Our truck only blinks as long as you hold it.

(or is that hold it until it blinks twice and it'll blink three times more?)

Last edited by Fitmo; 02-07-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:42 AM
Hold it until it's blinked three times and when you release it, it will blink twice more. Our truck only blinks as long as you hold it.

(or is that hold it until it blinks twice and it'll blink three times more?)

I think it might be hold it until it blinks twice then it will blink three times more.

In case you missed it in an earlier post, you CAN change the settings for the LaneWatch camera so that it will stay on for two additional seconds after the blinker turns off. So the camera would be on for 3 blinks + 2 seconds.

And, it might not be what you want, but if you really want the blinker on for a lot of blinks then click all the way up or down to turn the blinker on all the way. Then it will stay on until you turn it off or until you make a full turn.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:33 AM
And I tried the hold-for-two-blinks then release (expecting additional blinks), but it didn't work. When you hold the stem at the halfway point for more than a second and then release, it just stops blinking. So it's nudge for three blinks OR full-on blinks OR hold the stem halfway for the desired number of blinks and then let go.

Personally, unless I know I'm already clear to merge, I usually just use full-on blinks. Then I merge and click them back off again. I drive with my left hand close enough to the turn signal stem that it's easy.

Sorry, wish I could be of more help.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:50 PM
I believe if the stalk is moved then it will blink a minimum of three times, whether it's held in place or clicked and moved back manually. If it blinks longer than three blinks it stops when the stalk returns to the off position.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:54 AM
My issue from the get go was the turn signal feature. I agree not a selling point.
It's just that little nuances like this should have been taken care of long ago by Honda.
Here is 2015. Honda just added this little featire to their vehicle.
As I know and some other know this feature has been around for more than a decade. My vehicle has it. My previous vehicle had it, an '07 model.
It is just that is Honda is so great and so good. A little feature like this should've been there long ago. Hell, it should be there in the first generation FIT. It had around quite awhile at thay point.
But no, no car research firm would ever critisize Honda. If is truley the best of the best stuff like this should been there long ago.
its funny cause I absolutely HATE that stupid feature on the car. Looking at replacing indicator relays etc to get rid of it. Which retard would want an indicator to flash 3 times when you only want to flash once? If I want the indicator to flash three times I can put the indicator stalk in that postion, its easy. what happens when I dont want it to flash 3 times?? too bad.

its dogged me a number of times on the expressways where Im closing on a slow moving car in the fast lane that isnt going to move out of the way, I indicate to move into the slow lane just as they start to move over.... Now I have this stupid long three flashes for a lane I no longer want to move into.

*annoyed* stupid feature, dont copy crap ideas, fail.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:27 AM
I can honestly say I've annoyed by it on my previous vehicle. I had the 3 blink feature but also my previous vehicle, there was a button on the end of left turn signal stalk. Tapping button would scroll through odometer, fuel mileage, miles to empty, overall speed, and elapsed time on the dash. If you tried to scrool through these displays, you would always find yourself accidentaly moving the turn signal stalk enough to trigger the 3blink feature. It did get annoying.
Some to consider if there is other switches and buttons for other features, like wipers, also on turn signal stalk.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by GotFitB13
I believe if the stalk is moved then it will blink a minimum of three times, whether it's held in place or clicked and moved back manually. If it blinks longer than three blinks it stops when the stalk returns to the off position.

I'm able to get mine to blink a single blink (at least that's what I see on the dash). Just have to have the timing right. Hold for a single blink and let go. To enable the three blink "feature" I have to nudge and immediately let go. If I hold it too long it doesn't activate the three-blink "feature." At least that's what's happening for me on my Fit . Individual results may vary.

(And really, I mostly just use it like a regular turn signal. Turn on. Blinks. Turn off. Done.)