3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Noise coming from Left side dash area

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 12:03 PM
Noise coming from Left side dash area

OK...lets start with saying I've not had the best luck with my new FIT.

It's not even 3 months old and has the wheel well liner issue, as well as the drivers side A-pillar gap between the Dashboard and tiny window. I just had to replace the passenger side taillight assembly and have an appointment with a body shop because it has been hit while parked twice, with the people not leaving a note.

Soo...this morning on my way into work I start hearing a new sound. It occurs when going over bumps/small potholes (I drive very slowly over these when I cannot avoid them altogether). It isn't a rattle but a definite loud knock-like noise and it seems to be coming from the passenger side dashboard area in the front near the windshield??? I can't for the life of me identify what is causing this...there's nothing in the glove box, and I turned on the windshield wiper to see if that might stop it, but no.

This brand new car should not be making squeaks, knocks and rattles this early in it's life. I'm starting to think my new FIT is cursed..

Last edited by carrier; 03-13-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Creaky dash

I've had the same issue for a while but with the driver side, not the passenger side. Definite gap between dash and A-pillar. My car fell into the A-pillar recall so I'm waiting for Honda to contact me about replacement. Been about 3 weeks and haven't heard back yet. I'm starting to think the design and build quality of these new 3rd gen Fit's (misfits) are just really poor. This thing could become the Achilles heel of Honda's lineup if they don't fix the problems and appease all the current owners. (Rant over)

Old 03-13-2015, 08:55 PM
Me too! Mine has a light rattle from the driver's side dash area. It doesn't happen all the time, but I sometimes hear it when I go over a small bump or the road is not smooth. If I'm not mistaken, it seems to happen more in warmer weather.
I also have the gap and unevenness on the dash between the dash and a-pillar on the driver's side. The gap seems to change in size. When it's warmer, it gets smaller (I guess due to expansion), and it gets bigger when the weather is cool/cold. I was attributing the rattle to this.
Still waiting to hear back from my dealer after I reported it to them about 2 months ago. They last mentioned that Honda is aware of the gap and unevenness (not sure about the rattle), and that it's possible that a bulletin might be issued.