3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Thule Fit Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Thule Fit Kit

Just called Thule today for an update on the fit kit for our 3rd gen's. The part number is 1751, for the 480 foot pack. Was told it should be made available to dealers around the 15th of this month. Can't seem to find anything online for preorders other than at Rack Outfitters - Honda Fit Thule Rapid Traverse SILVER AeroBlade Roof Rack 2015- - Rack Outfitters - and right now it's only for the complete rack. No preorder available for just the fit kit, as I'm looking to use my current square bar set up. Anyone else have any leads from other dealers?

Sorry if this info is somewhere here already, or if this is the wrong forum for this post

Old 06-05-2015, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Good news, thanks!

Googled up this web page, useful for showing the choices in the pipeline...

https://roofracks.co.uk/Thule-Fit-Gu...014-plus&id=46

Old 06-06-2015, 12:00 AM
Yup, for sure!

Yeah, I noticed a handful of international sites with the same number fit kit already available - foot pack numbers are completely different tho

Old 06-08-2015, 04:11 PM
I pieced together a kit using 2 different foot pads that I had already. One set of feet partially sits in the rain channel and the other sits on the flat, uses square bars and side brackets that grip the roof edge. the changing roof width compared to the rain channel makes it tough. Curious what Thule actually offers.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Thank goodness! I have been itching to take my Kayaks out and my husband's 2013 Chevy Volt doesn't have any rack options > <' I am hoping my current 47' aeroblades will work from my Ford Fiesta!

Old 06-09-2015, 12:11 AM
Thule's new fit kit is designed specifically for the 3rd gen, so all 4 sides should sit in the rain channel and clamp perfectly with the door frame.

I believe 47 inch bars are exactly what would come from Thule I believe if buying a complete kit

Old 07-11-2015, 11:11 PM
Looks like Thule has finally released the Fit Kit for the GK:

KIT1751 For 480 and 480R Foot Packs only - Thule

Old 07-12-2015, 10:51 PM
That's great! Does anyone know if Yakima is competing by coming out with a Q clip?

Old 07-23-2015, 04:00 PM
I got an email from Yakima last week, they still refuse to fit the '15 Fit despite Inno and Thule having clips. I guess it's not a total loss, if we need things on both Fits simultaneously we can have the Yakima on the 2nd gen and an Inno our Thule on the 3rd gen. So much for trying to buy a U.S. brand.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by GotFitB13
I got an email from Yakima last week, they still refuse to fit the '15 Fit despite Inno and Thule having clips. I guess it's not a total loss, if we need things on both Fits simultaneously we can have the Yakima on the 2nd gen and an Inno our Thule on the 3rd gen. So much for trying to buy a U.S. brand.
Bummer about Yakima, but at least there are other options out there.

I just ordered the square bar foot pack and fit kit from Thule, to go with the other pieces I'm carrying over from the setup I previously had on my Element. Still can't seem to find any pictures online of a GK with a Thule rack, so I'll post pictures when it's on the car

Old 07-25-2015, 09:19 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them. The clip looks like a "better" than the Inno, using the rain gutters. I like the idea if that.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:31 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them. The clip looks like a "better" than the Inno, using the rain gutters. I like the idea if that.
from what i can tell, both the regular and aero inno setups sit onto the edge of the rain gutter, but agreed that the thule looks better overall.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:30 PM
Just received the parts today, here's a quick snap of the install.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the picture, it looks great. I'm definitely going to be getting a rack like that.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the picture, it looks great. I'm definitely going to be getting a rack like that.
for sure, and thanks. i can't vouch for any other systems, but being kind of partial to thule, i do think it's the best looking of the options out there.

i'll aim to post some better images soon.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dukers
Just received the parts today, here's a quick snap of the install.

Dukers, It's been a couple years since you got your Thule roof rack. How is it working for you?

Old 07-20-2017, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Press Fit
Dukers, It's been a couple years since you got your Thule roof rack. How is it working for you?
It's been great! I think I might have replied to another thread before, but looking at my old picture posted above, I'm actually running the aero bars now instead of the square bars - which are hell of a lot quieter, and look cleaner. No issues since.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
It's been great!
Glad to hear that. What do you usually carry with the rack -- bikes, kayaks, skiis? Sounds like you are pleased with Thule saddles and the way they protect the roof from dents and scuffs.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Press Fit
Glad to hear that. What do you usually carry with the rack -- bikes, kayaks, skiis? Sounds like you are pleased with Thule saddles and the way they protect the roof from dents and scuffs.
I carry road bikes. Been on some long road trips and no issues. And yup, the pads seem to hold up well. I have them each taped / marked off in the rain channels, and have yet to see that any have moved.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:48 PM
sjd
5 Year Member
I'm actually running the aero bars now instead of the square bars - which are hell of a lot quieter, and look cleaner. No issues since.
This is good to know. I have a pair of square bars but for the $100 or so it'll save me reusing them, I think I should just buy the aero bars.

No issues with dents in the roof? I know this is a concern that I've read about around here.

Quick Reply: Thule Fit Kit