3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2016 Fit Officially Announced

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 06:01 PM
2016 Fit Officially Announced

Haven't seen this posted anywhere, so...

https://plus.google.com/+Honda/posts/G1oFcJDQ7Y5

2016 Honda Fit - Features Detail - Official Site

Seems like people were right. I can't find any comparison to the 2015 model, and it even appears that nothing may have changed (the volume control on the touch screen for instance), EXCEPT that there is no mention of the HDMI plug that is on the 2015 model.

Aaaand... NO MENTION OF ANDROID AUTO SUPPORT! So disappointed in Honda. That might well be the deciding factor.

EDIT: It appears from the photo gallery that the HDMI is still available, but presumably useless while driving, so no Google Maps. Arg. So from what I can tell, it is EXACTLY the same as the 2015 model.

Last edited by generousey; 07-01-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Of course nothing changed, it's going to take at least three or four model years for something to change.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by charlie a.k.a. chuck
Of course nothing changed, it's going to take at least three or four model years for something to change.
So you don't expect Android Auto support for 3-4 years? Heaven help Honda if that's true. Technology moves faster than a 6 year car product cycle; they need to adapt.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
It'll be the same car for a few years. I would think that if Honda were to decide to support Android, and I've seen nothing to indicate that they would, it would be a software update. I wouldn't hold your breath for that, though.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Why, exactly, did everybody think that Honda would totally redesign the car for '15, then, turn around and do it again a year later?

Old 07-01-2015, 11:49 PM
According to Edmunds, the 2016 is a complete carryover. The only change is a $140 price increase on all models. No surprise after a complete redesign for 2015

Old 07-02-2015, 03:02 AM
"Heaven help Honda", really? I don't think what phone you have should dictate what car you have. IMO that is weird, But then again I am a little old school I guess. And I think Honda will be just fine. YMMV

Old 07-02-2015, 06:21 AM
Originally Posted by generousey
So you don't expect Android Auto support for 3-4 years? Heaven help Honda if that's true. Technology moves faster than a 6 year car product cycle; they need to adapt.
The only hope I have for Android Auto is the tweet response I received from their customer services:

June 9th:

It was determined that CarPlay & Android won't be backward compatible. We'll announce 2016 models with these features soon. ^CB

July 1st (yesterday)
Hi, we'll have an announcement for select '16 models soon, but it will not be backwards compatible on previous models. ^ND

You are borked if you got a 2015......who knows maybe the 2016 will have it but I am not buying it unless it is in writing. You can see that the tweets are almost a month apart so they have known for awhile. I am guessing they want to get rid of the older 2015 models before they announce it?

Who knows maybe their announcement will be "Ha - Android Auto for none". It is sad that they do not even support Android at all.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Why, exactly, did everybody think that Honda would totally redesign the car for '15, then, turn around and do it again a year later?
hum honda civic 2013.

The honda civic nine gen was new in 2012 and it got a remake completely for 2013 and then another time a mid refresh for 2014. It has been known as the worst honda ever and in some experts it dented the honda reputation.

So it si possible to have a new refresh as experience has done before. But it is just that a car is a trash.

This car received a lot of good crictis except in the manual transmission radio and manual transmission problems. But normally a car is generation last 4 to 6 years, and in the middle up it has a mid refresh with some updates in exterior and very minor on transition or technology.

So don't expect any improvements until 2017-18. And they will be minor just climate control touch(such as canadian models) and led projector lights such as seen in the uk concept car.(that would be awesome).

Old 07-02-2015, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
"...select '16 models..."

That could be the face-lifted 2016 Accord and new 2016 Civic but not others. It isn't Fit specific.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by exl500
"...select '16 models..."

That could be the face-lifted 2016 Accord and new 2016 Civic but not others. It isn't Fit specific.
I know but I just did a search for the new Fits in my area and all of them came back with LX models (which don't have the 7" screen). Maybe the EX+ ones might be getting the Android Auto update (hopefully). Because if they are not,why not buy a 2015 instead. It would be cheaper.

Old 07-02-2015, 04:10 PM

I doubt that THAT many people buy a car for Android support.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Haven't seen this posted anywhere, so...

https://plus.google.com/+Honda/posts/G1oFcJDQ7Y5

2016 Honda Fit - Features Detail - Official Site

Seems like people were right. I can't find any comparison to the 2015 model, and it even appears that nothing may have changed (the volume control on the touch screen for instance), EXCEPT that there is no mention of the HDMI plug that is on the 2015 model.

Aaaand... NO MENTION OF ANDROID AUTO SUPPORT! So disappointed in Honda. That might well be the deciding factor.

EDIT: It appears from the photo gallery that the HDMI is still available, but presumably useless while driving, so no Google Maps. Arg. So from what I can tell, it is EXACTLY the same as the 2015 model.
Did the paint issues get fixed?

Old 07-03-2015, 01:01 AM
Don't know why people were expecting android auto in the Fit for 2016 when even Acuras don't have it...

Old 07-03-2015, 02:30 AM
Originally Posted by Wallygator
"Heaven help Honda", really? I don't think what phone you have should dictate what car you have. IMO that is weird, But then again I am a little old school I guess. And I think Honda will be just fine. YMMV
Agreed. I have no idea what they are even talking about, but then again, I don't own a smart phone (I know, bizarre for a millennial). As long as the car has a radio of some sort, that's all that matters. The radio on my LX is pretty snazzy in my opinion, and I can't imagine anything else that it needs to do

Old 07-03-2015, 06:34 AM
Originally Posted by Stingray
I doubt that THAT many people buy a car for Android support.
Have you seen the expected stats on "connected" cars? Also if you check out their Facebook page, they are definitely catering to the younger crowd. Car buying cycles for some last 8-10 years. I was in the market for a 2015 to replace my 2008 Fit. They did not offer Android Auto so I did not buy (or even Android support). I will buy a new car this year because their is a plethora of cars now offering Android Auto. My next car should last me 8-10 more years......so yes the technology is quite important. Lastly, car manufacturer's stereos have always been the worst. Consumer reports called Honda's Infotainment one of the worst/confusing designs they have seen (I am paraphrasing). As we know Honda almost never updates their entertainment, Google (and Apple) I am sure they will constantly update theirs (along with their nav systems, which are leaps and bounds better than Honda's nav system).

In short, yes Android integration is VERY important.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by phillyfit08
Have you seen the expected stats on "connected" cars?...
I've seen the stats and I agree that having a "connected" vehicle is more important to the masses going forward than some would agree is appropriate. It just is.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:01 AM
So the only known changes so far is:
Price goes up
Possibly better software (Android Auto)?

Well I am glad that I buy 2015 model instead of waiting for 2016 lol

I kind of expecting them to raise the height of center arm rest (front seat), so that we can actually rest our arm on it, as well as adding some soft surface on the door...

It seems like they didn't do it X3

Old 07-03-2015, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
No Android Auto support for Fit MY2016

It would have been very surprising to have Honda integrate Android Auto for 2016. None of the Honda or Acura line does this today. Apart from this forum I could not find even a hint of progress on the Internet.

The fact is that Android and Google move very fast (a 5 yo Android phone is considered a museum piece) and add a new major API level every 6-9 months. Android manufacturers expect you to buy a new phone at least every 2 years.Contrast this to car manufacturers that do model redo's every 4 years, at best. Unlike Android, Honda cannot just say they will no longer provide backward compatibility support for older models. Google just drops support for old models. Using Google's support model all Fit 2010s would have already been dropped. Thankfully Honda, and most car manufacturers, support their products for decades. The American brands seem to continue support for multi-decades and are proud of their legacy.

This major difference between tech and automotive firms' product support remains with no solution in the foreseeable future. I expect a new Fit to last upwards of ~20 years. I cannot even fathom a guess at what Android will be in 10 years, much less 20. Apart from Tesla, no car manufacturer can do updates adhoc, unlike Google and Ubuntu (every other day, if necessary) can today. The update strategies for Tech and automotive are too far apart.

The other/older people on this foum are correct. There is more to a car than Android Auto. I've rented the Sonic and yes, their tech is pretty good, but too bad for the rest of the car. And what happens in 2 years time when Android comes out with version "O" (We are close to the release of version "M", milkshake). How will the Sonic get an update? Think about 5 years from now, when Google drops support.

It is disappointing that Honda has almost no support for Android, and this will grate on my nerves, but there is a positive side. It is better to have no Android support than to have a half-baked Android implementation that cannot be easily updated by yourself. No Android is better than old Android, for a product that will last ~20 years.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
My expectations for MY2016 were that they might change the gear ratio for the 6th overdrive gear for the 6MT, to match the CVT, thus lowering the engine rpms when on the highway. Comparing 2016 to 2015 on the US Honda site indicates there is no such change.

A volume control knob would have been nice as well.

Quick Reply: 2016 Fit Officially Announced