3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

do you use your sunroof?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Been using mine a lot on hot days.

I tilt it open along with cracking my windows so my car is not stuffy when I park it for a long period.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:15 PM
I use mine quite often, living here in Sunny San Diego. It's especially nice for a drive in the local mountains.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:12 AM
I keep my sunroof shade closed in the summer when parked to keep the heat down and opened in the winter to help warm up the interior.

Old 07-16-2015, 01:23 PM
My 2015 Fit is my third car with a sunroof. I wouldn't get a car without one anymore. And it's very good while opened alone without other windows open. My last car, a Chevy Equinox, had an air flutter that was horrible, unless I cracked another window open.

Old 07-16-2015, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't buy the EX because of the 7inch touch screen. I think some of the previous aftermarket head units I've had were better and those cost me around $400 bucks. Its only nice to have a OEM system since it integrates with the steering wheel controls and the lane watch camera. The sunroof is nice to have but i wouldn't say it's a must have or worth the 2k premium alone. Its great when I'm driving on the highway and want fresh air but don't want the wind blowing in my face or the wind noise. On hot days it's too hot to leave open unless your the type that likes to tan while driving. I enjoy the breeze it brings when the sun is down.

It's a combination of things that got me to buy the EX over the LX. I do like all the convince features in the EX.

- Keyless Entry push button start(very useful i never have to take the key or remote out of my pocket)
- Alloy Wheels
- Lane watch
- Fog lights
- 7 inch touch screen 6 speaker audio system.
- SunRoof

I think those additions are worth the extra 2k.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:07 PM
The sunroof i use whenever I'm wearing a hat. I like the sun, but sun in my eyes while driving is no bueno. I have the OEM visor which I absolute love. great add on.

There is no manual override wrench crank if the electric motor were to fail. This is a bit concerning, but from looking at the sliding mechanism there isn't too much in there that could fail. Obviously anything can. That being said I'm glad i have it. First car I've owned that has one too!

Old 07-16-2015, 03:38 PM
Always wanted one, and am very pleased with my decision to opt for the EX over the LX solely for the sunroof - the mpg loss almost deterred me, but I'm very pleased with what I'm getting, and as I get used to the car, I'm getting better and better mileage with each tank.

Here in sunny/humid Florida, having it open in non-canopy areas can be murder, but when on canopy roads, or the sun is directly overhead, having it tilted with the fan going, I can happily ride and don't need the ac. I was actually thinking about adding some kind of shade to the glass so I could ride with it tilted, but not having the sun beating down on me in the middle of the day.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
I think the question is completely subjective. For me though, a sunroof was the one option I wanted. I have had one in every car I've owned so far. I don't care about leather, built-in nav or heated seats, so didn't need the EX-L. The EX was right for me. Even though I didn't have a preference for the keyless start, I am finding I am liking it a lot. And, the lanewatch camera is very nice too, especially for the young drivers in my house. For me, the EX was worth the price differential. I just wish the in-car entertainment system was better.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:12 PM
Ha! I didn't even know it was there. Cool, I have a sunroof man!

Old 07-19-2015, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
For a lighter interior

Originally Posted by Press Fit
I am still Fit EX shopping. I've never had sunroof so I am not sure how often I will use it . If it were an option, I think I'd skip it. I like the LX gas mileage, but like the larger screen in the EX. Guess I'm stuck with the sunroof. Will I like it?

I've owned 4 Hondas since 1980 (silver Civic SW). The other 3 were Milano Red and had sunroofs, including the 2015 Fit EX. I rarely used the sunroofs popped un or open. Move the sunshade back and there's more light. Not so much now with the Fit ... 100 plus degree heat index ... even Siri says its how *whew

Old 07-19-2015, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
I did a lot of running around today and the sunroof was open the whole time ... and now my skin is tingling with the first burn of the year. I love summer.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:24 PM
yes, but rare. mainly if i car wash and cant open the windows. the air flow is good thought when opened.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
Out of 14 cars we've owned. 9 had moon roofs including 3 Hondas and 3 Acuras, 1 was a roadster. In the case of the Hondas and Acuras, they were always included in the trim level of car we were buying--but not undesirably so. Yes, we use them in all modes. Probably less than 20% of our trips do we not have at a minimum the shade open.

Positives: so many options for air and light in the cabin.

Negatives (full disclosure): many of them, including several of the Honda/Acura units, have added body integrity problems (squeaks, rattles, headliner fit/attachment issues, etc), and alignment/fit issues requiring adjustments to work reliably. (All were factory units and never had any water problems.) They cost some head room, but that's never been a problem for us. The other big drawback is that unless you are diligent about closing the shade, when parked outside, they let in a LOT of heat and leather and trim damaging UV. This can be handy in the winter if there's ice or snow on the car. It isn't handy any other time.

Last edited by Dick W; 07-23-2015 at 02:08 AM.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
in SoCal here, and I use it pretty often. When I park my car outdoor during the day, I would have it open a little to help circulate the air to keep the car cooler. When there is no air circulation, the interior can get pretty hot after sometime under the sun here in SoCal.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:09 PM
Moonroof joy

I wouldn't buy a car without a moon roof. They are just too useful. Right now, I drive a loaded Mini Cooper with a giant glass roof, but we just had a daughter, so I am trading for a Fit EX that is being deliver on Monday.
Seriously, if you are on the fence, get the moon roof. I use it every day. Hot or cold. Rain or snow or sun. Unless it is really really stormy, it gets used.

Last edited by IamNabil; 07-25-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
Never wanted the Mood Roof

Originally Posted by Press Fit
I am still Fit EX shopping. I've never had sunroof so I am not sure how often I will use it . If it were an option, I think I'd skip it. I like the LX gas mileage, but like the larger screen in the EX. Guess I'm stuck with the sunroof. Will I like it?
I went with the EX because of the extras/upgrades it offered vs the LX.

16" alloy wheels
Smart entry system
Fog lights
LaneWatch
Push button start
7" display

I too do not want the moon roof and wished Honda had offered the electronic climate control instead.

EDIT: Mood roof typo (which for some reason edit won't allow me to change)

Last edited by CIOWN; 11-10-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:02 PM
I've had a moonroof (a tinted glass sunroof is a moonroof)
in the previous 3 Hondas owned ('90 Civic SI, 00 Civic SI, 04 CR-V EX)
- the used '12 Fit Sport I bought Sept 30 did not have one - I wish it did ...
I miss it - for the light, and for the ability to pop the back of it up and vent hot air while drawing cool air through the vents ...

Last edited by thewebgal; 11-10-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
My EX is my first car with a moonroof. I usually just keep it closed during hot summer with inside shade closed. When it gets cooler I open shade and either tilt or open to keep car cool. Keeps me from having to run the air conditioning as much. You know about 2 MPG or more better without the air.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
The '15 Fit is my first car with the moonroof. Love it and use it often.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:26 PM
I honestly use the sunroof all the time. It is a requirement for any of my cars, and the fact that the 15 had a sunroof available with a manual convinced me to get it. The only thing I regret about getting the EX versus the LX is the lack of an aux port (a stupid omission on Honda's part).

Quick Reply: do you use your sunroof?