3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2016 Fit EX Manual worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
2016 Fit EX Manual worth it?

I've had a Fit in the past 2009 Fit Sport A/T for a daily and loved it. Got rid of it because of a relationship split. I've had plenty of Honda's in the past and was a Honda tech while in college and loved all of them (1 Fit, 3 civic Sis, and currently a 94 Honda Accord Chumpcar). I've just read a lot of issues with this new generation. Have these issues been fixed with the 2016 or have people been finding the same things wrong?

I'm contemplating getting rid of my 15 WRX because A) It just doesn't have the same feel as the old WRXs. Surprisingly it's a great DD, smooth, quiet, lots of torque when you need it; but, I purchased that car for what a WRX used to be. Raw, unrefined, etc lol. Plus I also only have a 8 mile commute to work now and a car like that just isnt getting used how it should. Which leads me to looking at Fits again. Perfect for a small or long commute, spacious, and cheaper which is always a plus.

If you're going to say "going from a 270hp car to a 130hp car you're crazy" I do the same thing when I get in my chumpcar and I still have a blast.

Opinions welcomed, just trying to get a gauge on what everyone thinks of this new generation so far. I've been cross shopping with the Civic Si because used they are same as a new Fit. Local quotes I've gotten are about $19,000 OTD for the Fit before rebates.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dirtybird222
I've had a Fit in the past 2009 Fit Sport A/T for a daily and loved it. Got rid of it because of a relationship split. I've had plenty of Honda's in the past and was a Honda tech while in college and loved all of them (1 Fit, 3 civic Sis, and currently a 94 Honda Accord Chumpcar). I've just read a lot of issues with this new generation. Have these issues been fixed with the 2016 or have people been finding the same things wrong?

I'm contemplating getting rid of my 15 WRX because A) It just doesn't have the same feel as the old WRXs. Surprisingly it's a great DD, smooth, quiet, lots of torque when you need it; but, I purchased that car for what a WRX used to be. Raw, unrefined, etc lol. Plus I also only have a 8 mile commute to work now and a car like that just isnt getting used how it should. Which leads me to looking at Fits again. Perfect for a small or long commute, spacious, and cheaper which is always a plus.

If you're going to say "going from a 270hp car to a 130hp car you're crazy" I do the same thing when I get in my chumpcar and I still have a blast.

Opinions welcomed, just trying to get a gauge on what everyone thinks of this new generation so far. I've been cross shopping with the Civic Si because used they are same as a new Fit. Local quotes I've gotten are about $19,000 OTD for the Fit before rebates.
I've owned 3 Civics prior to the 2015 Fit EX 6 spd. manual. A wagon, an EX Coupe, and an Si Coupe. The Fit is no Si, but it is a good car. Toss able like the two Coupes, handy hauler like the wagon. My only caution would be the paper Mache hatch interior.

What I's like to see would be MM (2017) upgrade to an Si version ... the turbocharged engine from the 2016 Civic (175 hp) with appropriate suspension changes.

Last edited by KentFinn; 12-28-2015 at 06:15 PM.