3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Door Handle Recall

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Just got my letter from Honda on the door handle bracket today. 2015 model in 18000 range serial number. I live in West TN. Must be going nation wide. Does not show up on Honda recall site yet for my serial number. Need to make appointment.

James

Old 02-04-2016, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by James Butler
Just got my letter from Honda on the door handle bracket today. 2015 model in 18000 range serial number. I live in West TN. Must be going nation wide. Does not show up on Honda recall site yet for my serial number. Need to make appointment.

James
Just wanted to comment that I too got my letter in the mail. Car sold new in Virginia. The VIN is in the 76xxxx range manufactured in 12/15 purchased in 3/15. Also VIN is not in the honda.com/recall site.

Guess I'll be dropping it off this weekend...

To be honest, I'm not surprised. I saw it in the rear doors while cleaning the windows and was just waiting till I got into the dealership again.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Got mine today.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
Got my letter today, too... Build number in the 19,5xx range.

EDIT - this is still not showing up when I check my VIN on line for recalls...

es

Last edited by stembridge; 02-05-2016 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
Joined the club. Built in Jan 2015, build no. in low 70,000s.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:06 PM
just got my notification today, and will combo with the next oil change. Here in Atlanta I don't think rust is probably a top priority, and I would hate to have my 'tight' build (since August 14) compromised (producing rattles) by messing around with the doors, but I guess I'll go along with the recall since this car has a long future in my car port.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
Also received recall letter today. I already emailed my Daughter in Knoxville, and told her that on her next trip home, we would visit the dealer and deal with this. Looking forward to free hotdogs and popcorn for lunch! For some reason, Crest Honda here in Nashville has the best hotdogs.

Thanks Honda for giving me an excuse to have my Daughter return home for a visit!

Old 02-04-2016, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by Vanguard
Also received recall letter today. I already emailed my Daughter in Knoxville, and told her that on her next trip home, we would visit the dealer and deal with this. Looking forward to free hotdogs and popcorn for lunch! For some reason, Crest Honda here in Nashville has the best hotdogs.

Thanks Honda for giving me an excuse to have my Daughter return home for a visit!
Bingo!

Old 02-05-2016, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
Had the "oh shit" handle and door handle bracket recall done this past weekend. The dealer took 6.5 hours to complete the job. 2015 model in 19000 range serial number.

Old 02-05-2016, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
My car is also part of the door handle rusting recall along with the CVT pully recall issue a couple of weeks ago. No problems after I left the dealership. They really took extra care of the repairs that I didn't notice anything different about my car. Believe me I have hawk eyes for detail.

Happy camper.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Had mine done yesterday. Found out about it a week ago when having a tire repaired under warranty. A few weeks back I checked my VIN for any recalls and nothing showed up so it must have come up pretty recently.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Finally got my recall letter yesterday, two weeks after having the work done.

Still waiting on my Mexican dinner with Mariachi accompaniment

Old 02-06-2016, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Got my letter too. Nothing on the recall site. Maybe they didn't put the door handle recall on there.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Just wanted to comment that I too got my letter in the mail. Car sold new in Virginia. The VIN is in the 76xxxx range manufactured in 12/15 purchased in 3/15. Also VIN is not in the honda.com/recall site.

Guess I'll be dropping it off this weekend...

To be honest, I'm not surprised. I saw it in the rear doors while cleaning the windows and was just waiting till I got into the dealership again.
Had the recall done today and was unimpressed with my dealership again. When I went to the car, it had grease all over the door handles. They had ran it through the wash but didn't do anything for the grease. I checked the operation and cleanliness of the windows while I was at it. So went back inside and reported my displeasure. They washed it off and it came back clean. They offered a free oil change my trouble. Got home and decided clean the door jambs and what do I find? Scratches on the door, some through the paint and seeing gray underneath. Looks like when prying the panels, they used something metal instead of plastic.

Called and left a voicemail for service manager.

So what do you think my options are? Touch up paint?

Old 02-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Had the recall done today and was unimpressed with my dealership again. When I went to the car, it had grease all over the door handles. They had ran it through the wash but didn't do anything for the grease. I checked the operation and cleanliness of the windows while I was at it. So went back inside and reported my displeasure. They washed it off and it came back clean. They offered a free oil change my trouble. Got home and decided clean the door jambs and what do I find? Scratches on the door, some through the paint and seeing gray underneath. Looks like when prying the panels, they used something metal instead of plastic.

Called and left a voicemail for service manager.

So what do you think my options are? Touch up paint?
That's tough man. On their first go at it I just looked over the panels to see if they scratched them at all. If I would of rolled the windows up and down and glossed over it all I would of noticed and found the other stuff sooner.

If the scratches are consistent on multiple places and doors they should repaint it.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:19 PM
Got mine today

This car sucks. 4 recalls in one year 11K miles. Honda really screwed up making this thing in Mexico and just plain poor workmanship. I am thinking about getting rid of it before something really falls apart right when the warranty expires.

The other problem I have is when turning on right blinker the camera for land watch sometimes shows the back camera instead of the camera in the mirror. Stays that way until I turn off the car and restart.

Mess.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lip008
If the scratches are consistent on multiple places and doors they should repaint it.
Both passenger doors have nicks and the front has about a 1.5" straight scratch on it. The nicks can probably be fixed by touch up paint. The 1 inch scratch is going to look amateur with touch up paint

Old 02-07-2016, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Door Handle Recall.

I'm not going to get mine replaced. I can't stand the thought of taking apart the door panels. Dealer told me I have at least one year to have it done. Door handles seem fine. As the old saying goes, "If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It."

Old 02-07-2016, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chitown Fit
I'm not going to get mine replaced. I can't stand the thought of taking apart the door panels. Dealer told me I have at least one year to have it done. Door handles seem fine. As the old saying goes, "If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It."
I could not agree more. But after I started noticing the rust, I am starting to change my opinion given that I want to keep the car until it dies on its rust bed.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
I called last week to get an early apointment for recall. It is a long drive from the next county to the Honda dealership. I set up for Monday morning at 7:00 AM. I got up a 5:30 and headed in. I was first in line at 6:45 at the service door before they opened them. They took my car at 7:00 AM. I went to the wainting room and waited for 5 hours until they came to get me to tell me it was complete. I got the paper work but before I got out they told me they broke off a door panel piece doing the work. They decided they would have to order a replacement and I would have to come back in for the install. I saw lots of cars come in get fixed and go before mine was finished. I looks like they do the paying customers first and warrenty when they get some free time. What good is an appointment? Another trip in in the future for me. Will see how it comes out. Here is a picture of the rear door missing the part. Watch out they did not crack these on your car and leave them in place. Mine was completely broken off.

Name:  2015%20honda%20fit%20rear%20door%20plastic_zpssc0ibsnx.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  185.3 KB

James

Quick Reply: Door Handle Recall