3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Jazz / Fit Workshop Service Manual

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 07:35 PM
2015 Jazz / Fit Workshop Service Manual

Any chance of getting a workshop service manual for this vehicle? It seems Honda does not sell them. Many Thanks!

Old 01-26-2016, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Nope. There's an online resource called Honda Service Express, but it's expensive.

es

Old 01-27-2016, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
Has anyone logged into it and checked to see if the pages can be captured for posterity? If they can be exported to a PDF or other format, then I'll gladly pay the $10 for a day and save whats relevant.

Old 01-27-2016, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
Not to my knowledge.

es

Old 01-27-2016, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Haynes has a 2007-2013 Honda Fit repair manual for $20. Nothing for the 2015 yet. Here are some FAQs from Haynes. I'd expect the manual to be available mid ~2017.

Originally Posted by Haynes
Q: Why can't I find a manual for my vehicle?
A:
Two possible reasons: either it's too new, or the model range doesn't have enough vehicles. We don't normally produce manuals for vehicles less than two years old. And we can't consider doing a manual until there are enough vehicles on the road for us to cover the costs of developing one of our books(including the complete teardown and rebuild costs that we do before every book, and the time/ money to author and print the books).

Q: How long does it take to produce a Haynes manual?
A:
From the time a vehicle arrives in our workshop to the time the manual is available is about 5 months. Writing a manual takes a team of technical authors roughly 3 months working with our Haynes mechanic during the vehicle teardown and rebuild, followed by production and printing prior to distribution to retail locations.
Yes, I'm also looking for one.

Last edited by TorontoBoy; 01-27-2016 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:56 PM
Damn... the dealer workshop is a rip-off... I want to know how to change the gearbox fluid for example. I'll have to do it at dealer and they'll charge llike a wounded bull.

I asked why no manual (on my Toyota Starlet the dealer sold me all manuals!) and they said 'so >normal< people can't fiddle with the car'. Lazy, arrogant b*stards... I change the oil & filter myself with genuine at 5,000k but the auto gearbox... and its gotta be done at 40k...

Re capturing pages - everything that is displayed on your screen has been downloaded to your PC and can also be screen-capped with PrintScreen... tedious job though...

Old 03-12-2016, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Has anyone logged into it and checked to see if the pages can be captured for posterity? If they can be exported to a PDF or other format, then I'll gladly pay the $10 for a day and save whats relevant.
There's a little matter called the copyright laws. You think a subscription is expensive, try a lawsuit backed by Honda's deep pockets.

Old 03-12-2016, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
A photocopy of copyrighted material for personal use is considered fair use. Copy it to distribute or sell is another matter.

Digital or electronic content is subject to the same protections under the Copyright Act as non-digital, traditional or analog works.

Old 03-13-2016, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
Assuming you don't agree to some other terms of service when you pay to enter the HondaExpress site.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dick W
Assuming you don't agree to some other terms of service when you pay to enter the HondaExpress site.
And good luck on that. No other options that I have seen, Their way or the highway, agree or get the hell out.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
Just another example of Honda trying to get your money. I have always had a paper copy of the factory shop manuals on all my vehicles. On goverment projects it is in the contract that service manuals will be supplied. You can probably get a screen print of a page of info but the resolution will be so bad. When you are on the page I bet you will have to zoom to see details of stuff. You might be able to get text of trouble shooting guides. I guess we will have to wait for Chilton or Clymer to come out with one.

James

Old 03-13-2016, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by James Butler
Just another example of Honda trying to get your money. I have always had a paper copy of the factory shop manuals on all my vehicles. On goverment projects it is in the contract that service manuals will be supplied. You can probably get a screen print of a page of info but the resolution will be so bad. When you are on the page I bet you will have to zoom to see details of stuff. You might be able to get text of trouble shooting guides. I guess we will have to wait for Chilton or Clymer to come out with one.

James
And Honda is the only company trying to get our money? I don't think so. As far as I know Chilton, Clymer, and Helms cover a range of years in a model, not a single year, especially in the initial year, i.e. the GK Fit ... just barely into its second year. Honda generations are typically 5-7 years.

Old 03-13-2016, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by James Butler
Just another example of Honda trying to get your money.
Producing and maintaining this documentation isn't cheap. And the online form, replete with link to other content, the parts catalog, and so forth, adds more value than was ever possible on paper. And is more easily updated--not a small factor given the increasing complexity of the cars these days. Both of these factors have to be even more valuable to the primary customer for this data: the dealers.

I miss the days when I bought, or could buy, the manuals--or, as with our '86 Integra, got it free with the vehicle. But I don't blame Honda one bit.

Old 03-13-2016, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
Oh, and did you ever see how dirty and tattered the shop copies of the manuals got in the back rooms in the service departments?

Old 03-13-2016, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
To be fair, all my computer software no longer comes with printed manuals either. I just wish it was an affordable, life-of-the-car access fee to use the on-line service manuals.

Old 03-13-2016, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
Oh, and did you ever see how dirty and tattered the shop copies of the manuals got in the back rooms in the service departments?
Proving what, Dick? I've known all sorts of mechanics, two in particular, both equally skilled, one very clean, the other looked like he had just bathed in used oil.

I'd like to have a PDF copy of the shop manual for my Fit just as I have for my former Suzuki SX4, not out of need, but curiosity.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
Proving what, Dick? I've known all sorts of mechanics, two in particular, both equally skilled, one very clean, the other looked like he had just bathed in used oil.
My point was that the online replacement for hardcopy manuals for the dealers avoids this issue. Now, the computer may get filthy. My point was nothing to do with whether some mechanics are filthy or not and everything to do with the wear and tear the hardcopy manual library was exposed to in the best of conditions.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Press Fit
I just wish it was an affordable, life-of-the-car access fee to use the on-line service manuals.
You probably already know this, and don't like it, but I don't think they consider the owner-mechanic a significant part of their market for this service.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
You probably already know this, and don't like it, but I don't think they consider the owner-mechanic a significant part of their market for this service.
How about Honda creating a liability for itself? Shade Tree Sam, a pretty good mechanic, repairs his own Fit and a couple of his buddies are impressed, and STS makes repairs, but he misunderstands the repair manual and a wreck happens. Friend sues STS AND Honda. After all, repair manual was Official Honda (manuals from 3rd parities are not as open since they omit the really complicated stuff). Today's cars, loaded with electronics, aren't like my former 1964 Tri power GTO. 389 ci, 3 2bbl carbs, 4 speed manual transmission, redline Tiger Paw tires, 3400 lbs. and even fumble fingers me could some non critical work on it.

The Fit is less than 1/4 the engine, 1/3 the hp, 2/3 the weight, and at least 10 times more complicated. iVTEC, review and lane change cameras, Bluetooth and the list goes on.

Not defending Honda, just being realistic.

Old 03-13-2016, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
No doubt the auto makers are getting less comfortable with all non-dealer repairs, for a bunch of reasons. Example: General Motors, John Deere want to make tinkering, self-repair illegal | ExtremeTech. Example: Automakers to gearheads: Stop repairing cars. Not clear, exactly, why they are so impressed with the dealers. There seems to be huge variability there in results.

Quick Reply: 2015 Jazz / Fit Workshop Service Manual