3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda Fit Top Pick 2016 - Consumer Reports

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Honda Fit Top Pick 2016 - Consumer Reports

Well According to the new auto issue 2016 release a couple of days ago Honda fit got into the top pick where reliability, safety, owner satisfaction are in the test.

Consumer Reports Bookstore - Magazines
Here is the magazine issue

Here is a vid of the top picks:

My question is, based on all the reliability issues we know (cvt, water interior leaking, defects in production, etc) would you recommend to a family member?

Also who of this super forum has subscription to that magazine and has fill in the survey?

Old 02-23-2016, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the reference. Cutting to the chase, 2016 Honda Fit mentioned at 7:50...It's all good but not for long trips.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
"My question is, based on all the reliability issues we know (cvt, water interior leaking, defects in production, etc) would you recommend to a family member?"

Unequivocally. My April, 2014 car has had no issues whatsoever. It has had the coil recall and will get the brackets replaced, but there were no problems that required the work.

I know two other owners and they feel exactly the same. And,of course, both Consumer Reports and TrueDelta have statistics that bear this out.

Oh, and we drove to Wisconsin and back from the Tampa area. The car most certainly is way comfortable enough for long trips. These are among the most comfortable seats either of us have been in.

Here it is two days ago at 18 months.

Attached Thumbnails Honda Fit Top Pick 2016 - Consumer Reports-elroy-causeway-2-21-16-2-.jpg  
Old 02-23-2016, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KikeDiaz
Well According to the new auto issue 2016 release a couple of days ago Honda fit got into the top pick where reliability, safety, owner satisfaction are in the test.

Consumer Reports Bookstore - Magazines
Here is the magazine issue

Here is a vid of the top picks:
Talking Cars with Consumer Reports #88: 2016 Top Picks - YouTube

My question is, based on all the reliability issues we know (cvt, water interior leaking, defects in production, etc) would you recommend to a family member?

Also who of this super forum has subscription to that magazine and has fill in the survey?
Kiki, we all know of your problems with the Fit, most of which seem to be with lousy dealership performance. People who seem to post here most often, outside of DIY types and Supermilers, moan, groan, and complain.

Few complaints here, starter problem now identified and clutch switch on order, my single recall is non-safety related. The airbag recall is an industry wide problem. The paper meche interior hatch wheel arches are irritating. But overall, the 3rd Generation Fit is a winner IMHO.

Would I recommend a Fit to family or friends. That would depend on their needs, likes, and desires.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:13 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KikeDiaz

yep, no question. the GK is a nice package and if u can find a made in japan car, that would be a very wise pick.
the Fit lives up to its name.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
now is probably the best time ever to buy a new fit, lots of dealer inventory, cheap gas. i had been trying for a few years to buy a fit and finaly was able to get the deal i wanted on my new 2016 lx, So far zero problems and i love the car.

Old 02-26-2016, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by ron3
now is probably the best time ever to buy a new fit...
It's kinda baffling that I've never seen a single commercial or ad for the Fit and yet I see Fits everywhere on the road, all 3 generations. Sales = WOM (word of mouth) advertising?

Old 02-26-2016, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BenQuick
It's kinda baffling that I've never seen a single commercial or ad for the Fit and yet I see Fits everywhere on the road, all 3 generations. Sales = WOM (word of mouth) advertising?
Strange, when the 2015 Fit was released in early fall 2014, there were TV ads all over the place here in the Mid-South. Generally extolling the "Magic Seats", cargo capacity, and/or mileage. Cable and broadcast.

Old 02-26-2016, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Not the case here in Toronto. No advertising for the Honda Fit, and I see very few on the road. I see about the same 3gen as 2gen Fits. I see a lot more Nissan Versa Notes than Fits.

Fit No advertising + Fit lack of supply = Lots of new 2016 Honda Civics = Civic Nation

Old 02-27-2016, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
Interesting now that I look back I never saw an ad of this car. I didn't even knew it existed. I was a ok guy with my sebring(except for all the transition problem and non fuel efficient) but it was comfortable you can even sleep without any problems. The one day I fall asleep and I crash around 72 m/h.

What I did was search for a good car, great mileage, and of course safety(number one priority). In my country none of that features are on display in the car and all sales person didn;t even know the car crash score even exist. So I got a hard time finding all about it. Then I read about consumer reports and it got fying scores in everything and the price was just right(in the expensive side, tho). So I look around and nobody I mean nobody drives a honda fit. There are only like 30 fits from 2009 to 2014 in sale in the whole country. So it is hard to even see one in the street. So I search in blogs and here is when I knew this awesome forum. I read a lot of this gen and past, consumer reports and some youtube vid.

Now i have seen a couple of fits, a lot has been the result of the gas prices going to 4 dollars a gallon(when the minimum wage is 3.8 dollars a day) that's a lot. So people are moving from big trucks to small cars(at least smart people) My first option was the spark but I read it that consumer reports advice to not buy the car.

So here I come. A happy fit owner.

So not WOM here. Just pure research.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by exl500
Oh, and we drove to Wisconsin and back from the Tampa area. The car most certainly is way comfortable enough for long trips. These are among the most comfortable seats either of us have been in.
I have the leather seats and was at the dealer today and tried out the cloth seats and I could tell a difference.

I did have discomfort from a long drive one day and the way the seats are angled gave my tail bone discomfort after awhile. I will be buying a car cushion that I have had good luck with in my previous car.

Old 02-27-2016, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by atvfit16
I have the leather seats and was at the dealer today and tried out the cloth seats and I could tell a difference.

I did have discomfort from a long drive one day and the way the seats are angled gave my tail bone discomfort after awhile. I will be buying a car cushion that I have had good luck with in my previous car.
Before buying my '16 LX, I tried out the EX-L with the leather seats. Felt like sitting on a brick. Convinced me the cloth seats were the way to go. I can definitely understand why you'd want a little more padding.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bargainguy
Before buying my '16 LX, I tried out the EX-L with the leather seats. Felt like sitting on a brick. Convinced me the cloth seats were the way to go. I can definitely understand why you'd want a little more padding.
Had intended to buy the EX-L but when I drove it, the leather felt cheap. Went with the EX instead.