3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Yet another problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 02:58 PM
Yet another problem

Yet another problem. 4 recalls, warped brake rotors, and now the radio. High pitched squeal in the background. Never has there been such a poorly built Honda than the '15 Fit. Think I am going to see a lawyer. These things need to be recalled and crushed. What is going to happen next? The engine fall out onto the pavement?

Old 03-30-2016, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
I had this exact thing happen just yesterday. The squealing lasted about twenty seconds, and I thought maybe there was a problem with the track that was playing. Going to have my camera ready next time to document it.

I've been lucky to have only one recall notice(door handle brackets), but I'm happy that they're being addressed. Better that, than having your ignition turn off while going 60mph, and losing control. Since the automaker saved themselves a dollar not releasing a fix for a known problem until a few people die and it gets top story treatment.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by COBEs
I had this exact thing happen just yesterday. The squealing lasted about twenty seconds, and I thought maybe there was a problem with the track that was playing. Going to have my camera ready next time to document it.

I've been lucky to have only one recall notice(door handle brackets), but I'm happy that they're being addressed. Better that, than having your ignition turn off while going 60mph, and losing control. Since the automaker saved themselves a dollar not releasing a fix for a known problem until a few people die and it gets top story treatment.
My issue happens on radio stations. Only when music is playing, and rock type. Change stations, and it keeps happening. No problem with the CD player..yet. I had a GM car, and the ignition turned off while I was making a turn, in traffic. Not good!

Old 03-30-2016, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Stingray
My issue happens on radio stations. Only when music is playing, and rock type. Change stations, and it keeps happening. No problem with the CD player..yet. I had a GM car, and the ignition turned off while I was making a turn, in traffic. Not good!
Mine did it while I was streaming off of my iPhone. Going on a long drive tomorrow, and if it pops up again, I'll be ready to document it.

Scary stuff with just having a car turn off mid-turn. Watched a Smoking Tire video with a Cobalt, and he was able to turn off the car by just lightly tugging on a key lanyard. That's not supposed to happen.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by COBEs
Mine did it while I was streaming off of my iPhone. Going on a long drive tomorrow, and if it pops up again, I'll be ready to document it.

Scary stuff with just having a car turn off mid-turn. Watched a Smoking Tire video with a Cobalt, and he was able to turn off the car by just lightly tugging on a key lanyard. That's not supposed to happen.
My car was in for the ignition recall...a Solstice, and they gave me a brand new Impala as a loaner. That is the one that shut off in the turn. I reached forward to hit a switch on the panel, and my arm barely touched the key, and silence. Since mine was in for that issue, I knew what it was, and immediately flipped the key on again. If I didn't know what was going on, would have wrecked for sure. Impalas with no power steering are HEAVY! I called GM to report it, and they were not interested. My last GM purchase.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by Stingray
Yet another problem. 4 recalls, warped brake rotors, and now the radio. High pitched squeal in the background. Never has there been such a poorly built Honda than the '15 Fit. Think I am going to see a lawyer. These things need to be recalled and crushed. What is going to happen next? The engine fall out onto the pavement?
I couldn't agree more. I owned a '91 Civic SI and it never had any issues. My '15 Fit has left me majorly disappointed in Honda. . . multiple recalls, now a noisy starter, paint defect in the door, easily dented roof pillars, poorly wearing tires, etc. I feel like I have a car that is 5+ years old, not 19 months old. I was going to re-lease another Honda after my Fit lease has expired, but now I am having serious second thoughts.

Old 04-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by pherank
I couldn't agree more. I owned a '91 Civic SI and it never had any issues. My '15 Fit has left me majorly disappointed in Honda. . . multiple recalls, now a noisy starter, paint defect in the door, easily dented roof pillars, poorly wearing tires, etc. I feel like I have a car that is 5+ years old, not 19 months old. I was going to re-lease another Honda after my Fit lease has expired, but now I am having serious second thoughts.
And Honda doesn't give a damn. My 8th and last Honda

Old 04-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Your engine fell out on the pavement? No way!

I'm going to check the motor mounts this afternoon.

Right after I put out the Fit fire that started this morning.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
Thread is rapidly disintegrating. Cleaned up and closed.