3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2016 Honda Fit TV Commercial

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
2016 Honda Fit TV Commercial

I saw my first and only 2016 Honda Fit commercial yesterday, on CW TV, OTA, probably from Buffalo, NY. It had a black musician with a huge white double bass case. He dropped the front passenger seat and rear seats down and it fit right in. Smiles all around.

For such a nice little car with great utility, it is too bad that there are so few on the road. Honda is not helping.

Last edited by TorontoBoy; 05-21-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:13 PM
very very few on the road here in Tennessee

Old 05-21-2016, 09:41 PM
Too many options out there.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
I saw my first and only 2016 Honda Fit commercial yesterday, on CW TV, OTA, probably from Buffalo, NY. It had a black musician with a huge white double bass case. He dropped the front passenger seat and rear seats down and it fit right in. Smiles all around.

For such a nice little car with great utility, it is too bad that there are so few on the road. Honda is not helping.
I saw this today. The ad was previously aired when the Fit was first released, albeit rarely. The narrator is QuestLove.

I am seeing a lot more on the road here in Florida the last few months.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:13 PM
Agree with the Florida sightings, along with a few 1st and 2nd generation Fits also.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by salamlaith
very very few on the road here in Tennessee
Madison, three today in 4 miles, not counting my own, one red (like mine), yellow, and one black. Not a good sample, true. But I saw a different Fit ad recently, not the one our Canadian poster.

The 2015 came out just as gas prices dropped, great for the consumer, not so much for the Fit.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:46 AM
Tons of Fits here in my Madison (Wisconsin).

Old 05-22-2016, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pitcha
Tons of Fits here in my Madison (Wisconsin).
Madison, TN is a suburb of Nashville and I'm sure that the population of Madison, WI is much larger than this suburb. Nashville is a metro form of government and I could have easily noted Nashville as my location.

There are 2 Honda dealerships in Metro Nashville ... Crest (downtown) and Nashville Honda (formerly Trickett} here in Madison. At least 2 others within easy drives.

Old 05-22-2016, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by KentFinn
Madison, TN is a suburb of Nashville and I'm sure that the population of Madison, WI is much larger than this suburb. Nashville is a metro form of government and I could have easily noted Nashville as my location.

There are 2 Honda dealerships in Metro Nashville ... Crest (downtown) and Nashville Honda (formerly Trickett} here in Madison. At least 2 others within easy drives.
I wasn't attempting to "compete" with you through my post, I just thought it was neat that someone else here lived in a town called Madison too. My Madison is a liberal college town of about 250,000 people with lots of environmentalists in it, which is why our large number of Fits is still dwarfed by all the Prius models on the road here.

I've been a forum member for about a month now and am struck by the sour, argumentative tone of many posts here. Kind of a shame...

Old 05-22-2016, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
..I've been a forum member for about a month now and am struck by the sour, argumentative tone of many posts here. Kind of a shame...
Stay a while. It does get better, and it's really only Kent!

Old 05-22-2016, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
I wasn't attempting to "compete" with you through my post, I just thought it was neat that someone else here lived in a town called Madison too. My Madison is a liberal college town of about 250,000 people with lots of environmentalists in it, which is why our large number of Fits is still dwarfed by all the Prius models on the road here.

I've been a forum member for about a month now and am struck by the sour, argumentative tone of many posts here. Kind of a shame...
We'll be in New Glarus in August to visit our good friends of many decades (yeah, we aren't teenagers). Look for a red EX with Florida plates! And, yeah, there are a few Debbie Downers posting here...

Last edited by exl500; 05-22-2016 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
We'll be in New Glarus in August to visit out good friends of many decades (yeah, we aren't teenagers). Look for a red EX with Florida plates! And, yeah, there are a few Debbie Downers posting here...
Beautiful town.

Can confirm Madison (WI) has a high Fit population relative to most places I have been.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member

No competition intended. There are a bunch of cities, towns, suburbs, and communities in the US named Madison, Franklin, Jackson, etc.

FWIW, Nashville/Davison county has a population of approximately 668 thousand as does Memphis. Both are blue areas in a red state.

The attitude of this forum is not much different from the other 2 I've been on, Civic and Suzuki, a lot of moans, groans, and complaints. I think that those who like their cars just lurk and try to pick up ideas from the DIY guys.

One of my neighbors is from Mosden (sp), nice lady.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
We'll be in New Glarus in August to visit our good friends of many decades (yeah, we aren't teenagers). Look for a red EX with Florida plates! And, yeah, there are a few Debbie Downers posting here...
Well, if you pass through Nashville, look for a matching red EX. My sister is a soon to retire teacher in Fort Myers. She drives an Accord.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
Stay a while. It does get better, and it's really only Kent!
Whaaaat? I'm a really nice guy. People who constantly complain, hunt for flaws, picking at nits. See some handles and I know there is going to be angry ranting. I've learned to ignore most of them or simply not read their posts.

Besides, the moderator tends to punish by deleting an offender.

What some of us may forget is that we have posters from all over NA and a few other nations.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:40 PM
There is another Passion Berry Pearl less than a half mile from my place of work. At least they have great taste in Fit colors.