3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

GK LX Blue Tooth Phone Book Blues

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 09:58 PM
GK LX Blue Tooth Phone Book Blues

Silly me that I thought blue tooth phone connections were all the same. At first, I thought the LX blue tooth system on the 2016 was defective. I just could not get the voice commands to find my phone book. Turns out that the LX Blue tooth has 20 presets that you can setup with voice commands from your phone book. You have to setup the voice tags for each preset. You can dial by number with the voice command but that is a PITA.

So for anyone looking for a work around to get voice commands to see your entire phone book this seems to work.

Use Siri on your Iphone. When you say " call" name, it defaults to your phone book and will dial the number along with switching to blue tooth to your head. The hang up function still works on your steering wheel.

On the NAV side... I use my WAZE on the phone.. Love the way it uses crowd sourcing to find the best route.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
Not an issue here, there are very few folks I call from my cell....and it's an old slide phone, no smart phone here....LOL

Old 12-19-2016, 07:07 PM
I've been kinda disappointed with the hondalink myself. I kinda wish it had the option to funtion as a generic bluetooth interface like any old set of bluetooth headphones with media controls. The way its setup would work ok for a dumb flip phone or something without native voice control but Siri or Goggle assistant is far better than the limited voice dialing options. your solution works on android btw but is a tad more anoying for me as I dont have my phone set to always listen. I normaly tap a buton on my headset to tell it i want to issue a voice command.

Baring that I wish there was a way to tell it to stop trying to pair with my phone when I get in and am useing a bluetooth headset already. As it is it tries to connect to phone, Is refused because the headseat already is holding the bluetooth connection and disconects, then goes back to trying to connect to the phone agian instantly. Only workarounds I've found are to turn off the headset, let the honda connect then manualy disconect all devices and turn the headphones back on. Sadly this has to be repeated every engien start. Only other option is tell the system to forget the phone and just reset it up every time I wana play through the speakers.

Last edited by merendel; 12-19-2016 at 07:10 PM.