3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Fit odometer display goes haywire

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 03:05 PM
2015 Fit odometer display goes haywire

The odometer display on my 2015 Fit goes haywire sometimes - the digital numbers aren't complete. If I press/push on the plastic that's over the gauge, the numbers come back to normal. Recently, the clock and odometer readout stucj on the same even though time was advancing and I was driving down road odomter should have been increasing.
Anyone else?

Old 02-22-2017, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
I've had the same problem since I got the car but it only happens in cold weather (below 40) but then works fine after about 5-10 minutes. I never noticed it in warmer weather.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:48 AM
It does seem to happen more in colder weather but I've had it happen above 50 F. Do you ever try pressing the plastic above the gauge? That corrects mine but it can still go haywire later on the same drive.

Old 08-30-2019, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
I have experienced same problem today. While driving odometer display caught my eyes as it started to flicker. I came here to see if there was any solution.
I have 2015 EX model with about 34,000 miles. It has SUN ROOF.

Last year I found that whenever it rained my driver side floor would have pool of water. I googled and found solution was that the water outlet in the sun roof was blocked. I cleaned it and there is no water now. When I was checking for where water was coming from I could not figure out. My guess now is that it entered form where fuses are.

Now it makes sense after reading above that water must be coming from where the fuses are. This morning we had lot of due on the car. The water might have got inside fuse box and causing problem with the display.

I am not a mechanic. If any one would investigate my reasoning would appreciate.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:26 PM
Same issue

The Tech at Manly honda Santa Rosa, CA is stone wallling saying that in order for this to be covered under my extended warranty, they will have to reproduce the issue. Doesn't matter whether other people have reported it, there are complaints that can be viewed for the NHTSA site or the images I showed him on my phone:

Old 01-22-2020, 06:03 PM
That's bizarre. Also, what is the point of an extended warranty that costs upwards of $5k, if it can't be applied to something that is clearly defective from the factory and probably costs them all of $50 (tops) in parts to fix?

Old 01-22-2020, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
Does Anyone Know....

Originally Posted by homeodoc
Last year I found that whenever it rained my driver side floor would have pool of water. I googled and found solution was that the water outlet in the sun roof was blocked. I cleaned it and there is no water now.
Where is that outlet?
Seriously?
I love my Sunroof, but the owners manual offers nothing about maintenance. Nothing about where or how to check that outlet, nothing about lubricating the tracks..nothing.
So far, no problem for me. But I'd like to have some idea of some preventative maintenance.
Even the dealership service department, which fills out a huge color coded preventative maintenance report, every time I get an Oil Change, ignores the sunroof.

I guess we are just suppose to use them until something bad happens.

Old 01-23-2020, 08:14 AM
5 Year Member
There are 4 of them, look at the end of the tracks of the sunroof when it's open. 2 in the front, 2 in the rear. ActionJackson had a thread where he pulled the headliner off, and you can see them.

Old 01-23-2020, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks.
I don't want to hijack this thread...about the display.
But I think it's pretty poor form of Honda to offer a sunroof from the factory, and then have absolutely no information about maintenance concerning that same sunroof.

Old 01-24-2020, 02:53 PM
...and that's why I try not to get sun/moon roofs on cars I buy after the headache of my 2002 CR-V's factory hole-in-the-roof.

Old 02-20-2020, 08:56 PM
Same Issue

Just bought a 2018 Honda Fit TWO DAYS AGO and just noticed the odometer glitch.

2018 Honda Fit just bought TWO DAYS ago and odometer glitched. Is this a sign of tampering?

Old 02-25-2020, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Naecoym
Just bought a 2018 Honda Fit TWO DAYS AGO and just noticed the odometer glitch.

2018 Honda Fit just bought TWO DAYS ago and odometer glitched. Is this a sign of tampering?
Take that in to the dealer soon.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:54 PM
I took it to the dealer

Originally Posted by Jazu
Take that in to the dealer soon.
It was a faulty gauge cluster.

Old 10-28-2022, 12:05 PM
I am glad I found this thread - I'll take a screen connection issue over a computer or system issue any day!

Just happened to me for the first time this morning, first sub-45 night my Fit has seen in months. She's a 2016 I bought new, has 65k miles. I used to live in a place with real winters, so I'm guessing that put some wear and tear on the solder. I am going to try and live with it for a while now that I know it is not affecting the mileage recording and such. If it is too annoying, I will give the soldering fix a go. No way am I forking over $500 for something that can be fixed with a bit of diy (thanks to everyone that has put instructions in the forum!).

I did add my info to the registry thing, just in case a few more folks is what it takes to push it to a recall. Otherwise, haven't had any problems with my Fit.

Old 02-18-2023, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by kapie
I am glad I found this thread - I'll take a screen connection issue over a computer or system issue any day!

Just happened to me for the first time this morning, first sub-45 night my Fit has seen in months. She's a 2016 I bought new, has 65k miles. I used to live in a place with real winters, so I'm guessing that put some wear and tear on the solder. I am going to try and live with it for a while now that I know it is not affecting the mileage recording and such. If it is too annoying, I will give the soldering fix a go. No way am I forking over $500 for something that can be fixed with a bit of diy (thanks to everyone that has put instructions in the forum!).

I did add my info to the registry thing, just in case a few more folks is what it takes to push it to a recall. Otherwise, haven't had any problems with my Fit.
I’ve had the same problem recently. Where did you add your info to the registry?

Old 02-21-2023, 08:06 AM
I saw the same thing on a car I worked on a few days ago. The screen itself would either freeze or die intermittently. If I had to guess, it's probably just some cracked solder joints in the cluster itself.

Old 02-21-2023, 03:36 PM
Interesting that this thread actually started first (2017), but the other thread (2018) became a lot more popular.
2018 thread has much more comprehensive information, though, so I'd say stick to the 2018 thread:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...failure-7.html