3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Accessory socket (center console) not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 09:50 PM
Accessory socket (center console) not working

I bought a front and rear camera which I plugged in the front socket. I have a USB adapter plugged in there before i bought the camera. When I tried to use the accessory socket on the center console, no power was coming from it. I checked my manual on where the fuse is located, checked it with my tester light and it lit up. I plugged my USB adapter on it then plugged my phone to charge but still there was no power coming from it. The manual says not applicable on certain model (when i checked the fuse location). I have a 2015 EX 6 speed I don't want to go to the dealer just for this.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:12 AM
Should be fuse #36 under the steering wheel fuse block.
Is that the one you checked? Should be a 20 Amp
Should be the top of the far right row.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:13 AM
Duplicate Msg

Old 05-08-2017, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
It may not be related, but of interest to some. I have a USB thumb drive with music plugged into the low dash port and that works fine UNLESS I try to charge my phone in the console USB port. At that time, songs hang and the player jumps to the next tune, only to repeat that cycle until I disconnect the phone. I suspect the player is seeing the phone as a memory device and that conflicts with my thumb drive. My solution is to use a lighter adapter to charge the phone.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by jaevans
It may not be related, but of interest to some. I have a USB thumb drive with music plugged into the low dash port and that works fine UNLESS I try to charge my phone in the console USB port. At that time, songs hang and the player jumps to the next tune, only to repeat that cycle until I disconnect the phone. I suspect the player is seeing the phone as a memory device and that conflicts with my thumb drive. My solution is to use a lighter adapter to charge the phone.

I need to try that out with a USB.
Has anyone tried the HDMI for playing a video?

Old 05-09-2017, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by jaevans
It is related, I am using the cigarette socket as a charging port with an adapter because when I try to use the USB port my phone goes to mirror link mode then goes to error display. My phone is an S6.