3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I finally bought my Fit!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
$52.65 on Bernardiparts.com

I would shop between Amazon, eBay, and Bernardi. Maybe hondapartsnow.com also.

If you buy from Bernardi, remember the coupon for 25% shipping discount for FitFreaks.
I'll definitely be using that code, thanks! Oddly Amazon doesn't seem to have that great of selection of anything. Maybe I'm searching wrong. Bernardi has everything I want so I think I'll go with them.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
I hesitate to offer too much opinion on finish protection and/or ritual.
Because it so much runs the gambit.
It really depends on what you want, and/or how much you want to invest into time and effort.
The good news? Is I think there are many products out there that can be used pretty easily...instant spray waxes and the such.

For mass populace, easily available products in this area, I have always like Meguiars offerings.
They sell a wide range...from classic "waxes" to spray on, wipe off, instant protection products.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:18 PM
I'd be lying if I said I knew anything about car wax and actually taking care of a cars looks. I've never owned a car before that I cared to keep looking nice, I always had cars that were used and already bad looking. I just want the paint to not start chipping soon and whatever way is the simplest and least expensive is best.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pumpkintacos
In what ways is WeatherTech better than Honda brand weather mats? I ask because WeatherTech is asking $189 for them, much higher than Honda.
I don't know if they are better than the Honda mats but I was not happy with the optional factory Winter mats I got from the dealer (Not Honda) with my last new car so I decided to give them a try.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:41 AM
5 Year Member
In what ways is WeatherTech better than Honda brand weather mats? I ask because WeatherTech is asking $189 for them, much higher than Honda.
I have Weathertech liners in my 2008 Fit. When I replace it next spring with a 2018 Fit they will be the very first thing I get. Weathertech liners fit specifically for each make and model. They also have high side walls which contain snow, slush, and dirt. The Honda brand mats do not cover as much. Weathertech covers the entire floor, they tuck behind the pedals, and up the side walls to protect everything.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:50 AM
I just got mine too!!!

i love this thing! Been wanting one for a while. Only things I have planned for it so far are a trailer hitch and roof racks. I would also like to get a weatherproof car cover if anyone has any recommendations. My first road trip
Need a trailer hitch!

Old 11-17-2017, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
I'd be lying if I said I knew anything about car wax and actually taking care of a cars looks. I've never owned a car before that I cared to keep looking nice, I always had cars that were used and already bad looking. I just want the paint to not start chipping soon and whatever way is the simplest and least expensive is best.
I would say this.
As someone who use to put obsessive amounts of time into maintaining my vehicles finish, the truth is, if you actually USE your vehicle out in the real world, perfection will not be able to be maintained. Regardless of what Wax, Polish or Sealant you decide to use.

I would also buy OEM touch up paint ASAP, and separately a small good quality artists brush for when you will discover you need to apply that same paint.
Because "There Will Be Chips".
Again, depending on what you want to invest...clear bra products can help considerably...but eventually deterioration happens.

For me? I just want to maintain value. And have my vehicle on the positive end of how it looks, and the condition of the finish.

But if you approach it as trying to maintain showroom standards?
You are likely to be disappointed.

What I say with a little pride? I know where every ding and chip is on my vehicle.
99% of the people walking past my vehicle or even looking pretty closely, will not see any of them.
And that's a standard I'm happy enough with.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:59 PM
So I didn't get my car today. Nobody told me until last second that you cannot make a large down payment with a debit card. They said I could write a check but I don't have any, I've never used checks. How annoying. I had the keys in my hand and everything.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
So I didn't get my car today. Nobody told me until last second that you cannot make a large down payment with a debit card. They said I could write a check but I don't have any, I've never used checks. How annoying. I had the keys in my hand and everything.
If you have a debit card, you have a bank account. Head to your bank tomorrow morning and have the bank issue a check. You might have to pay a few bucks for a cashiers check.

Which south Florida dealer are you working with?

Old 11-17-2017, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
During banking hours you can also just call your bank and have them transfer the funds.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by froggie3ds
If you have a debit card, you have a bank account. Head to your bank tomorrow morning and have the bank issue a check. You might have to pay a few bucks for a cashiers check.

Which south Florida dealer are you working with?
I can get a cashiers check but I work tomorrow and the bank hours don't line up with my work hours.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:18 PM
During banking hours you can also just call your bank and have them transfer the funds.
How? The dealership didn't even mention this as an option.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
How? The dealership didn't even mention this as an option.
Call your bank and they can walk you through it. Basically, they just need an account number to transfer funds to and your permission. Wire transfers are fairly common.

I've also done the bank check method. It works and has a better paper trail if you care.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:41 PM
Call your bank and they can walk you through it. Basically, they just need an account number to transfer funds to and your permission. Wire transfers are fairly common.

I've also done the bank check method. It works and has a better paper trail if you care.
Wire transfers can take days though. I'm reading they are not instant. I'm going to TRY to go to the bank tomorrow, if not it'll have to be Monday

Old 11-18-2017, 09:20 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
cashier's check? i paid my cars in full using my personal checks..

Old 11-18-2017, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
cashier's check? i paid my cars in full using my personal checks..
I don't have any personal checks, that's the problem. Never in my life have I needed to write a check until yesterday. Lesson learned.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
oh i see. yah, i have a bunch of checks from the pre-e-banking era. lol

its convenient to have. call ur bank to get a box printed. i think its like $25 or something.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
oh i see. yah, i have a bunch of checks from the pre-e-banking era. lol

its convenient to have. call ur bank to get a box printed. i think its like $25 or something.
Definitely will after this.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
When I bought my fit,I was able to put down $3k on a credit card so I could get reward points, the rest I wrote a check.

You must be a millennial to have never written a check. I don't write many checks, usually just to companies who want to charge me a processing fee to use a credit card. Everything else goes on a credit card to get reward points. I don't trust companies to pull from a debit card.

If something gets compromised, they have access to my checking account funds. With a credit card, it's the credit card company's money and I'm only ever liable for $50.

I've used credit card reward points to travel internationally and stay in plenty of hotel for free. Just don't charge stuff you don't intend to pay off at the end of the month otherwise it's not worth it.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
yah i do the Amazon visa too. usually they do up to about $6k depending on dealer.

Quick Reply: I finally bought my Fit!